• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MMM's & Bradys to lie in at Richmond gun show 10/20

sjhipple

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Well...our guys held the signs high and made a good showing....but....in all fairness, the Moms made a good showing on at least one piece of tape:celebrate

Edited for content-LW
Not in good taste, in my opinion.

IanB

imported post

Video collage has been uploaded to Youtube and available here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0aX39Lae59c

Of note: All the press flocked to PVC to interview him, and completely ignored the protest speakers until they started lying on the ground! Hahahahaha! It's hard to conduct interviews while on your back playing dead.

IanB

imported post

skidmark wrote:
The only confrontation I saw during the lay-down was one of the MMM's told me I could not stand at the end of their line, and said I was trespassing. I assured her that I would move to make room for any of their group who wanted to lay down where I was, and that seemed to cut her off before she could take it any further.
That is on the above video at the 6:10 mark.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Code:
Posting this here probably doesn't help the cause any.. Any woman you may have run onto yesterday that was on the fence and making her first visit to OCDO would see that, and probably never return...

Yeah, your probably right Roscoe.
I went back to remove the link but I see someone already did it.

I moved the video over to my website so I could lock it and the link won't work for anyone now.

stryth

imported post

It was great seeing everyone Saturday, and to have a chance to disabuse Ladd of his belief that no legitimate buyer has ever had any problems with a NICS check (where I've had a problem every time I've filled those forms out!)

I know I saw a few people recording our conversation, which hasn't shown up in any of the posted videos so far. If it gets posted I'm looking forward to seeing it, and if not I'd love to hear how I can get a copy (or even watch it).

-- The Guy in a bright green shirt and NRA hat

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0aX39Lae59c Too bad you were not close enough to get the audio on that exchange. I did not realize until I saw the video how much I had backed away from her -- but then she was coming at me fast and furious and my hands were full of a sign trying to impersonate a full-rigged sailboat in a typhoon. I guess she just never saw that eeeeevilllll, "egregious semi-automatic" handgun at my side, or she might have fallen over dead from mere nearness to its awesome powers of destruction.

If you check the very last part of the video, you will see the two Henrico County police officers "warily" watching the counter-protesters (as reported in the Times Dispatch article posted above).

If those two get any more wary they may fall asleep.;)

Seriously, I have to give kudos to the two officers who were there. They were very helpful, polite, and allowed everything to take place without interfering in any way.

stay safe.

skidmark

edited to fix before the grammar cops jumped me.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

No problem! You were exactly right, it was in poor taste. I really don't mind doing things that are in poor taste....but ...there is a proper place to do it and improper places. This was an improper place.

My apologies!

sccrref

imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
After reading the above links, anyone new to OCDO should get a firm grasp of what and who HankT is. He is not on our side, and while I can't say he's against us... he is simply here to be be the court jester and provide entertainment for himself.

The word you're looking for is 'Troll'...
Here is the picture to go with the word...

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 173

72Malibu

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Too bad you were not close enough to get the audio on that exchange. I did not realize until I saw the video how much I had backed away from her -- but then she was coming at me fast and furious and my hands were full of a sign trying to impersonate a full-rigged sailboat in a typhoon. I guess she just never saw that eeeeevilllll, "egregious semi-automatic" handgun at my side, or she might have fallen over dead from mere nearness to its awesome powers of destruction.
I just think it's funny how that lady came up to only you when there was a cameraman and a girl standing there right beside you, but she said nothing to them.