• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moderation

nofoa

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Actually, come to think of it, some people on this board may agree that since a moderator is sympathetic to Ron Paul, and since a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Clinton, then the moderator, logically must be a Clinton sympathizer.

:)

Your super power must be Spurious Logic

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Actually, come to think of it, some people on this board may agree that since a moderator is sympathetic to Ron Paul, and since a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Clinton, then the moderator, logically must be a Clinton sympathizer.

So let me get this right. If Mrs Clinton and Ron Paul run against each other, and I vote for him, my vote will go to her??? Please tell me how that works.

HMDGLOCK

imported post

I think imperialism2024 is trying to say that if youvote for Ron Paul, Clinton will have the upper hand because he doesnt think Ron Paul has a chance a winning.

These are not my views, but thats what I think he means

imperialism2024

imported post

HMDGLOCK wrote:
I think imperialism2024 is trying to say that if youvote for Ron Paul, Clinton will have the upper hand because he doesnt think Ron Paul has a chance a winning.

You got it right, except that it's not my view either. I was just using it for purposes of mockery. :)

Thundar

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
HMDGLOCK wrote:

You got it right, except that it's not my view either. I was just using it for purposes of mockery. :)
Why mock people? This site is for open carry by open carry people. Healthy debate is great. When the logic stops and the irrational personal attacks start thevalue of this site is lost.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Thundar wrote:
When the logic stops and the irrational personal attacks start thevalue of this site is lost.
You mean like your comment over in 'guns and alcohol'? I wrote my assertion with care but the retorts (contra responses) have ranged the field like an un-trained bird-dog.

Two personal anecdotes do not data make. You believe as you will.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. LAB/NRA/GOP KMA$$

imperialism2024

imported post

Thundar wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
HMDGLOCK wrote:

Why mock people? This site is for open carry by open carry people. Healthy debate is great. When the logic stops and the irrational personal attacks start thevalue of this site is lost.
Mmm please tell me where I stated names of people I was attacking. I was mocking the idea of such a simplistic relationship between the votes of one candidate and the votes of another. When I say "well, you know how those evil guns kill people", it's not a personal attack on anti-gun people, but a mockery of such an erroneous line of thinking. :)

That's another instance where self-moderation would be useful in preventing real moderation. Don't assume someone is making a personal attack, and give the benefit of the doubt. Unlike in self-defense scenarios, on here we don't need to make split-second judgements.

tarzan1888

imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
Now I'm_______ off. Last night, I posted a blog about how Hillary Clinton was probably in on the 'hostage crisis'. Today, it's gone. Gee, I wonder why that happened. Could it be a Clinton sympathizer or anti-gunner hiding as a moderator who removed it? This is___________ _________.

I hope that what you suspect is not true.

Could you post have been removed because or your inability to use the English language with out the use of profanity?

Think about it.

Tarzan

tarzan1888

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:

I resemble that remark! :what:

Tarzan

PS That was a joke, just so you know.

tarzan1888

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
'Censure' is off the topic of 'censor(ing)', you ignorant homophone!

HankT wrote:
I agree that longwatch cuts a censorious swath around here ...
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/censorious:

censorious

1. Addicted to censure; apt to blame or condemn; severe in making remarks on others, or on their writings or manners.

2. Implying or expressing censure; as, censorious remarks.

censure (plural censures)
1. the act of blaming, criticizing, or condemning as wrong; reprehension.
2. an official reprimand.
3. the state of excommunication.
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. LAB/NRA/GOP KMA$$

Attachments

• roflmao1[2].gif
    roflmao1[2].gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 726

tarzan1888

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
I'm not sure why people think they can post whatever they want and it should never be touched by a moderator.

There are plenty of gun forums on the internet, you don't have to stay here.

+ 1

Tarzan

tarzan1888

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
dngreer wrote:
Moderation is not a democracy. The mods make the choice they think is best. We are free to question them about it, but the bottom line is that it's up to them.

Oh, I agree. But it's a bit of false advertising to say:

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
5) We reserve the right to remove posting for any reason, at our sole discretion.
when they mean

[/font][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
5) We arbitrarily exercise the right to remove posting for a specific agenda or personal bias, at our sole discretion.
[/font]

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

This forum is not a democracy. They tried to make PDO into a democracy and look what happened to it.

get over it.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Tarzan

tarzan1888

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:

Thank you imperialism2024, you have now made it clear why you are here. :what:

Tarzan

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

give the guy a chance to work into the job. no one is perfect, and your complaints and comments will no doubt shape his future moderating.

tarzan1888

tarzan1888

imported post

Thundar wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
HMDGLOCK wrote:

Thundar He/She/It mocks because that is why He/She/It is here.

imperialism2024

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
dngreer wrote:
Moderation is not a democracy. The mods make the choice they think is best. We are free to question them about it, but the bottom line is that it's up to them.

Oh, I agree. But it's a bit of false advertising to say:

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]
5) We reserve the right to remove posting for any reason, at our sole discretion.
when they mean

[/font][font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]
5) We arbitrarily exercise the right to remove posting for a specific agenda or personal bias, at our sole discretion.
[/font]

This forum is not a democracy. they tried to make PDO into a democracy and look what happened to it.

get over it.
I'm not saying it's a democracy, nor do I think it should be. I would expect, though, equally and fairly applied moderation.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ilbob wrote:
give the guy a chance to work into the job. no one is perfect, and your complaints and comments will no doubt shape his future moderating.
Right on target ilbob.

From experience, it takes time to learn how to be a good moderator. It is NOT as easy as it looks. There is a lot of trial and error involved. My 2 cents.

imperialism2024

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
Thundar wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
HMDGLOCK wrote:

Thundar He/She/It mocks because that is why He/She/It is here.
Breaking out the personal attacks for me already? Geez, let me at least get to a few thousand posts first ;)

I'll admit that I didn't think the ideology that "A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Clinton" was so deeply and emotionally held on here. I'm sorry for making fun of those of you who share that belief.