• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moscow/Pullman OC Dinner Friday, 4 DEC 2009

bigwookiee

imported post

My wife works at WINCO. Their policy is to follow state law. They do have a firearm prohibition for employees. I personally don't open carry in WINCO, because I don't cause trouble my wife.

If we want to have a meet and save money. We could always get together at my house, and I could barbecue for us there. Or we could just meet at McDonald's, which would be cheaper than eating at a restaurant where you traditionally tip. We could also try the new Japanese restaurant, or the tie restaurant behind the garden bar. I've open carry in both without a problem.

kimberfella616

imported post

@Jett: I go to the park North of Moscow on top of Steakhouse Hill. I take my dog there all the time and they have a few 'grills' there I believe. At the park entrance it says 'NO FIREARMS', but I OC there because it is a County park [state pre-emption rules that NO FIREARMS sign as null and void IMHO].

@BigW: McDonald's is nicer on the pocket. I also have heard good things about the new Japanese restaurant and their price points. But.......

As a self respecting southerner I can/will NEVER turn down an offer for a 'grill out' at someone's place.

KF

PS - BBQ means something different and holy where I am from (in the Deep South). ;)

bigwookiee

imported post

Did I say grilling? No!! :pI said barbecue and I know the difference. If we just want to get together and grill some steaks or hamburgers, I'm up for that as well. We just need to pick a day and decide if you want to grill or barbecue.

kimberfella616

imported post

bigwookiee wrote:

Did I say grilling? No!! :pI said barbecue and I know the difference. If we just want to get together and grill some steaks or hamburgers, I'm up for that as well. We just need to pick a day and decide if you want to grill or barbecue.

You da man!

As far as this weekend goes: Sunday is preferred, Friday is a I can make it, but not the wife, and Saturday is a definitive no. Further out and I have to check with 'She Who Must be Obeyed'.

As far as the menu is concerned....I am game for anything. Even a 2 pound porterhouse is cheaper than going out to eat ;)

KF

Louie86

imported post

I would be up for some grilling or BBQ it nice to see a northerner that knows the difference(assuming you aren't a transplant from the south like KF and I). Sunday works well for me also.

kimberfella616

imported post

Louie86 wrote:
I would be up for some grilling or BBQ it nice to see a northerner that knows the difference(assuming you aren't a transplant from the south like KF and I). Sunday works well for me also.

I have been thinking about ribs ever since we starting talking this BBQ mess. My smoker couldn't make the move. I think that I will now definitively have to build one this spring. Ribs and a big ole' Boston Butt. If we wad the people we could always dig a pit in the back yard and do a whole hog. Now we're talking BBQ.

KF <mouth is watering>

bigwookiee

imported post

Sunday it is. It will probably have to be some time in the afternoon. I'm thinking around 2:30 PM or 3 o'clock. I will BBQ a brisket. Everyone else bring a side dish. I have plenty of diet drinks, so if you want something else bring that as well.

My address is 1685 Damen St. From the intersection of Mountain View and D street (this is intersection at the junior high school and the parks and rec building). Turn right onto Mountain View headed towards Safeway and the Eastside marketplace. One block down on your left-hand side is Hillcrest drive. Turn onto Hillcrest drive. At the end of Hillcrest drive, it takes a sharp L to the right and becomes bridge street. If you don't turn on to Damen St., at the end of Bridge Street you will drive right into my driveway. It is a two-story brown house. My red pickup truck will be parked in the driveway on the left hand side is a Cessna 150 missing that tell and the wings. It's hard to miss.

Could someone place this over in the Pullman thread.

See everyone this Sunday!:celebrate

kimberfella616

imported post

@BigW: Should one of us bring hot dogs and burgers as well? I guess we can decide that later on after people RSVP.

We are going to bring a cooler full of ice for drinks and mac and cheese.

KF

PS - I'll post it up in the Pullman forums.

bigwookiee

imported post

I don't know if we'll need that or not. The brisket I make is 10 to 12 pounds, if memory serves. It should be enough to feed 10 or so people. I will have a package of hot dogs and buns for my four year old.

Kids are definitely welcome.

kimberfella616

imported post

I think a bulk pack of rolls or french bread would work nice. We could throw it in the oven with some garlic and better 15 minutes before the brisket is ready. I even have some fresh garlic here at the house that I could bring.

MW needs something to bring as well....I was going to suggest that he pick up a case of Sprite or something.

@BigW - how are you on paper plates and such? Do we need to bring some or is Mrs. Wookie ok with us using her dinner plates and silverware.

KF