• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moscow/Pullman OC Dinner Friday, 4 DEC 2009

idahoguy84

imported post

I'll try to make it - and bring some Coors Light with me. I'd like to meet the local OC'ers around here. Also, I've been thinking about trying to set up a group meeting with Tom Trail (our state rep) to see if he would be willing to introduce an Idaho Firearms Freedom Act in the Legislature this session.

kimberfella616

imported post

idahoguy84 wrote:
I'll try to make it - and bring some Coors Light with me. I'd like to meet the local OC'ers around here. Also, I've been thinking about trying to set up a group meeting with Tom Trail (our state rep) to see if he would be willing to introduce an Idaho Firearms Freedom Act in the Legislature this session.

I too am interested in getting some FFA legislation set up here in the state. I am more of PBR guy myself though.

Wookie, do you have any objections between some guys drinking brew and OC'ing at your house. As always, your house, your rules. Especially, with the little one being present.

KF

kimberfella616

imported post

Here is a list of those attending on Sunday ad what they are planning on bringing. I will try and keep this list updated and complete. If you have an update for me then let me know. I will keep this post updated with Edits instead of 'reposting'.

Confirmed Guest:

Kimberfella616 and spousal unit - Bringing Mac and Cheese and cooler with two bags of ice.
Louie86 and spousal unit - Bringing chips and rolls
Vandal - Baked Beans
Matt W and spousal unit - unknown dish
Kyle G - unknown dish

Unconfirmed guest:

IdahoGuy84 - CL and unknown dish

Ideas for people still looking or something to bring:
Additional soft drinks and/or bottled water
Cole Slaw
Paper plates/silverware

bigwookiee

imported post

kimberfella616 wrote:
idahoguy84 wrote:

I too am interested in getting some FFA legislation set up here in the state. I am more of PBR guy myself though.

Wookie, do you have any objections between some guys drinking brew and OC'ing at your house. As always, your house, your rules. Especially, with the little one being present.

KF
If people did not carry I would thing thier was something wrong. I am good with beer or what ever. I just ask that if you are going to drink then leave the gun at home.:dude:

kimberfella616

imported post

bigwookiee wrote:
If people did not carry I would thing thier was something wrong. I am good with beer or what ever. I just ask that if you are going to drink then leave the gun at home.:dude:
Sounds like a winner to me!

KF

shad0wfax

imported post

bigwookiee wrote:
kimberfella616 wrote:
idahoguy84 wrote:

KF
http://www.khq.com/global/story.asp?s=12009364

Idaho Firearms Freedom Act is already in the works... :) "Rep. Dick Harwood, from St. Maries, introduced the "Idaho Firearms Freedom Act" Thursday in the House State Affairs Committee." I believe this was Thursday, February 18, 2010.

kimberfella616

imported post

Thanks to BigWookie for a fantastic time and hosting the dinner. The entire meal was fantastic. Thanks to everyone that came and brought dishes.

KF

bigwookiee

imported post

I'm running against Shirley Ringo. She is a rabid anti-gun Democrat. She has voted against every pro-gun legislation that has been proposed in the Idaho House. She is also anti-freedom. She voted against the Idaho free choice act. This act would exempted Idaho citizens from the federal health care bill being debated in the US Congress right now. For those of you who work at the University of Idaho, she also voted to cut the University of Idaho's budget.

I am looking for all the support I can get. If you live here locally, I could use your signature on my petition to run against her. I need to collect 50 signatures of registered voters in Latah County. I need to have all of these signatures by the middle of the week as I believe I have to get this down to the Secretary of State by Friday. So please reply to this post or private message me. Thank you for any help.

I will be home today until high noon Saturday, February 27, if people want to stop by and sign my petition.

bigwookiee

imported post

I just want to let people know that this weekend, Sunday, March 21, is the Latah County Lincoln days lunch. It starts at noon. Cost is $30 per person, $10 for kids. There'll be a silent auction, most of our local, state, and national candidates will be there. For instance, the governor will be there. I'm looking forward to any of open carriers being there and keep an eye out for me. Its at the best Western in Moscow. That's right across the street from WINCO.