• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My latest run in at the DMV

jdholmes

I just kept laughing at the guy with 5 clips on his belt...

He looks like he thinks he is a Robocop! Hahahahaha...too funny.

jdholmes

It's an accepted term...perhaps not in your neck of the woods. I am pretty sure that using that word does not make me an irresponsible gun owner.

--Personal attack removed by Moderator--

Vegassteve

It's an accepted term...perhaps not in your neck of the woods. I am pretty sure that using that word does not make me an irresponsible gun owner.

--Personal attack removed by Moderator--

No and no. Not in any neck of any woods. What you called a clip is in no way shape or form a clip. It is a magazine. End of story. It is not my definition but that of those who make our tools. A clip and a magazine are 2 very different things in our world. And it makes gun owners look like fools when they call them such. Your personal attack though does show your level of maturity.

Merlin

Take a breath fellas, and ask yourself if you would speak to a fellow OC'er (or anyone) in that fashion if not safely ensconced behind your keyboard. We hold ourselves to a higher standard. Civility in all matters and at all times is key to the success of our stated agenda.

With that said, I concur with being a stickler on lingo and jargon. Using it incorrectly costs us credibility. I live in the IT world, and it's the same thing there.

Imagine going to a car mechanic (or worse, a surgeon) who doesn't know the proper terminology for their industry... Not confidence inspiring.. :)

jdholmes

Saying it makes someone look like a fool is ridiculous and saying that it isn't accepted in any neck of the woods is even more foolish. Have you lived in my neck of the woods or all necks of the woods? I highly doubt it...

It is not a personal attack is a response to you laughing at my use of the word...I see you --Personal attack removed by Moderator--

I have owned guns my whole life, my family has had guns their whole life, my father was a gunsmith and a police officer and if someone says clip to me, I know what they mean.

Technically you are right, but it is commonly used weather you like that or not.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Disagreeing on the relative merits of proper nomenclature is one thing.

Making insulting remarks towards another is considered a personal attack here and is not acceptable.

Please take heed.

Sabotage70

I got the CAD today and I know why they rolled in the way they did. :banghead:

It was so close to being another Erik Scott situation. And i'm going to leave it at that. :banghead:

Sabotage70

Very first call. 408 w/413. AKA drunk with gun.

I just just marked my tens years of sobriety just last month.
:cry:
I'm just speechless right now, and I think I should keep it that way.

Vegassteve

I have owned guns my whole life, my family has had guns their whole life, my father was a gunsmith and a police officer and if someone says clip to me, I know what they mean.

Technically you are right, but it is commonly used weather you like that or not.

And all those are more the reason that the proper name needs to be used. The truth is you can not put a clip in that officers gun. And we need to stop using the wrong terms there is ZERO need to perpetuate the bad manners of gang bangers.

wrightme

And all those are more the reason that the proper name needs to be used. The truth is you can not put a clip in that officers gun. And we need to stop using the wrong terms there is ZERO need to perpetuate the bad manners of gang bangers.
Yet there is no need for anyone to approach rudeness to clear up terminology.