• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My son took a gun to school yesterday...

Carnivore

imported post

I think your doing a perfect job as a parent so far!!:dude:Just keep him reminded that he is responsible for his actions, and keep him trained on what the general public will freak out on so he knows how to steer through the politically correct gauntlet .. and also talk a lot about the good ole days, and let him know that the world wasn't always this screwed up..:lol:

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

A four year old is pretty young to have to learn about the harsh reality of ignorance and prejudice in society, especially from someone he probably respects and admires. It's a shame that schools are stifling the natural creative and imaginative outlets of our children, while at the same time overriding the values that are being taught at home.

.40 Calif your son's teacher saw the photos you posted of him at the range, she'd probably blow a head gasket. Those picts were heart warming BTW.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

I have a neighbor with whom I go shooting from time to time. His daughter has been interested in firearms since she was a little thing, sitting in his "gun room" in the basement with him while he worked on and cleaned his pieces. He started taking her shooting last year (she is 7), and she loves it so much, he bought her a .22 rifle for Christmas. He's having to build a new stock for it so that it will fit her. She actually groups quite well and looks forward to her trips to the range on the weekends with her dad.

Can you imagine what would happen if she told about this during "show and tell"? Liberal knees would be jerking, the likes of which has rarely been seen. Their little soured hearts pumping so fast, a number of them could succomb to cardiac arrest, not to mention their exploding heads.

Wanna bet he never has a problem with his daughter doing drugs as she makes her way through her teen years?

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

They claim that cops and robbers are not the issue. The issue is the guns the boys pretend to have when playing cops and robbers. I know that when I bring it up today, that's what I'll hear. The correct response is to stir it up in the school, to the detriment of my son; but I can't do that to him. He is innocent in this matter. On the other hand, I could look for a different school that would foster hi imagination; but when that school doesn't allow something that poses no threat, what then? Eventually you run out of places to go. More and more it seems that home schooling is the way to go in order to raise a true free citizen.

I never realized how entrenched in this battle my little boyalready was. I'm going to email this picture to them just so they have a panic attack!

Carnivore

imported post

Start saving his shooting results on his targets, if they start trying to trash the little guys rep. w/ bad grades, show your file of targets and let em know he's passing with flying colors in the school of life..

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
They claim that cops and robbers are not the issue. The issue is the guns the boys pretend to have when playing cops and robbers. I know that when I bring it up today, that's what I'll hear. The correct response is to stir it up in the school, to the detriment of my son; but I can't do that to him. He is innocent in this matter. On the other hand, I could look for a different school that would foster hi imagination; but when that school doesn't allow something that poses no threat, what then? Eventually you run out of places to go. More and more it seems that home schooling is the way to go in order to raise a true free citizen.

I never realized how entrenched in this battle my little boyalready was. I'm going to email this picture to them just so they have a panic attack!

Well, times really have changed. I am second Generation LE. When I was a kid I had the "Junior Gman" kit with gun badge and creds. I was a junior deputy sheriff of Cochise County Arizona, with the badge. I was also a Junior Texas Ranger. My friends and I played cops and robbers all the time. We also played war. Everybody had toy guns, and everybody played these games.

Some of my fondest memories of childhood are the hours I spent with my Dad in the basement re-loading ammo or going shooting. A lot of life lessons were passed on over a powder scale or looking along the barrel of a .22 rifle. Dad is gone now, but I will never forget the things he taught me

Of course that was then and this is now. Your assessment that home schooling may be your only answer is probably on target. There is almost nothing you can do about that teacher or the situation she is creating that will not come back on your child. People like that teacher tend to be vindictive, and she will take it out on your son because he is defenseless against her.

mkl

imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
ALL liberals are sheep and sheep are not as brave as a man grounded in logic and God, ( logic will suffice for you atheists) however they are dangerous because they have a dark side a deep resentment of masculinity that they don't even recognize.

....Women specially are susceptible....
...."we women should not be allowed to vote, we are too emotional and easily swayed to vote for the bad guy ala Clinton".
It scares me that you actually believe this.

GLW

imported post

I strongly suggest homeschooling, for a variety of reasons. There is no better teacher for children than their own parents. And there is no better way to pass on your values to your children than to teach them at home. Gun rights are only one small part of the problem. Values and character-building is the largest part of education, not gaining information. It is in the area of values and character-building where the public school (at least most of them) fail miserably. Go to Walmart and watch the kids there, then find a home-schooled family and watch the children. I have yet to find a home-schooled family that has worse behavior than public-schooled children. It really makes a difference.

There are so many home-school help groups that it is easy to find guidance and encouragement. It does take commitment and work to do, but it is worth it. Your children are worth the investment in their lives.

Glenn

Nozoki

imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
ALL liberals are sheep and sheep are not as brave as a man grounded in logic and God, ( logic will suffice for you atheists)
As a gun owning, logically thinking Liberal, I take offense to this statement. In fact, every single one of my Liberal friends is either a gun owner, or very supportive of the practice. Not everyone that doesn't vote the way you do is a bed-wetting coward that is "easily brainwashed". And we all agree that these stupid zero tolerance rules are a bad idea all around.

canadian

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
The real problem is that anything that is done by the parent that irritates this teacher will be taken out on the child. While I know money is tight for people right now, but I would consider moving the child to a different school where they teach values more in line with the OPs views.

Exactly!

According to my son, one of the boys keeps telling him that he's afraid of the cops and that cops are bad. He's one of the other teachers' kids. Those statements don't go unpunished. I tell my boy to look that kid in the eye and tell him "that's not true!" I am not a cheerleader for the police, but they serve a purpose and have no reason to scare any little kid... unless their parents have something to hide that creates animosity toward the men in blue...
Yeah, I certainly can't think of any reason why otherwise good, law-abiding citizens might be afraid of the police...

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

canadian wrote:
.40 Cal wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
The real problem is that anything that is done by the parent that irritates this teacher will be taken out on the child. While I know money is tight for people right now, but I would consider moving the child to a different school where they teach values more in line with the OPs views.

Exactly!

According to my son, one of the boys keeps telling him that he's afraid of the cops and that cops are bad. He's one of the other teachers' kids. Those statements don't go unpunished. I tell my boy to look that kid in the eye and tell him "that's not true!" I am not a cheerleader for the police, but they serve a purpose and have no reason to scare any little kid... unless their parents have something to hide that creates animosity toward the men in blue...
Yeah, I certainly can't think of any reason why otherwise good, law-abiding citizens might be afraid of the police...
How often does this happen? Most of the cops I know aredescent people, but every now and then an untrained fool gets out and screws it up for the rest. I will continue to teach my son right from wrong, and to go to a policemanfor help if he needs it.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

homer_doh.png

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Out of curiosity....
When children play 'cops and robbers' do they still use black and white hats to show who is who? Or is that unacceptable as well?
This is ridiculous!!!!!

Michigander

imported post

You should arrange to speak to the principal and the teacher, and perhaps bring in as many concerned parents who agree with you as you can find. Then you should explain the facts, that such utter idiocy conditions children to be afraid of guns, which is wrong for a multitude of reasons which you should list.

Failing that, I think a new school would be the best bet. I know educational systems suck worse than ever, but I'd like to think it gets better than that.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There were several similar stories on the net this past year. Some kid was suspended for making a gun with his fingers; another was suspended for using a pen with a Glock logo.

Perhaps we should teach young boys that, instead of "cops and robbers," they should play "social worker and disadvantaged youth." They can go around trying to get their friends to talk about their feelings and how deprived they've been in life.

Gee, Wally, sounds keen!