• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nation's Gun Show this weekend

VAopencarry

imported post

The 1,000 dollar Saiga was converted by Arsenal, hence the higher price, worth the price, no -but it was not a 'standard' Saiga. If it's the same one I am thinking about.

Dark Sun has some kick butt prices.

However, I do not understand why people think they are going to get 'deals' at the gun show. Supply and Demand. why would a retailer give discounts on guns or ammo that sell like hotcakes.

If I am the only one with a G19 what would motivate me to give a discount when I know there are plenty of people willing to pay whatever the price is. The whole post election climate sucks - no frikkin guns, no frikken ammo - heck .380 ammo is scarce.

cREbralFIX

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
W.E.G. wrote:
There are ZERO 9mm Glock pistols in the building.
Not one.
No G17
No G19
No G26
Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Glad I got my G19 last week. 477 w/ trijicons and 3 mags, brand new. $477 :celebrate

Sweet...where did you find this deal? New gun?

nova

imported post

I just scored one of the best deals I've ever seen! 50rd boxes of Federal Nyclad 158 SWC-HP in .38 +P for only 20 bucks /ea! I bought all the guy had.

Also got a few boxes of 147 +P+ .38 by Federal for around 30/ea per 50rds.

Nice to see Bohdi as well. :)

tag

imported post

cREbralFIX wrote:
mpg9999 wrote:
W.E.G. wrote:
There are ZERO 9mm Glock pistols in the building.
Not one.
No G17
No G19
No G26
Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Glad I got my G19 last week. 477 w/ trijicons and 3 mags, brand new. $477 :celebrate

Sweet...where did you find this deal? New gun?
He got it with a military discount. I'm not sure on the details, though

Marco

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote: snip
bought a Marlin 1894 in .44 Magnum about 6 years ago Paid $349 .

I didn't make it to the show.
Decided not topay $12 to be over charged for my purchases.

Dick's has M1894 in 30-30 for $359.
Might get one if I don't find a used lever gun, really want a 357,44mag or 45-70.

Selling one of my 10-22's to fund the purchase.:shock:
Don't have anyomore spots in the safe for another rifle unlessI sell one.:cry:

I don't have room for another safe at this time.:X

bohdi

imported post

Went and spent the day supporting our friend Ken, well a few hours anyway. We signed some folks up to be delegates Sunday, he could use all the support we can give him.

Ran into some faces I haven't seen in a while, Nova and Leo229 as well :D. Stryth was running around with his other half and found himself a hand cannon.

I got to walk around and try out a few options and spoke with Longwatch about what I'm looking for in my next purchase and he was quite helpful. Now I gotta find the scratch to get it...although I'm going to try and test fire before I buy from here on out. My glock has taught me alot...

hunter45

imported post

So I didn't find the gun that I was looking for at the show. Does anyone know if I can go to Guns & Ammo or VA Arms and have them order a specific gun, or are my options limited to what they have in stock?

kle

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Might get one if I don't find a used lever gun, really want a 357,44mag or 45-70.
Me too...there's something about working the action and seeing the spent casing pop-up and knowing that when you close it, there's another round ready to go...

---

Friday: I got there in time to wait forever in the line, bought a 3-day pass, supported my buddy's coworker in his purchase of a Glock 23, and walked around looking for a few items. I walked out with only a scope-rail for my Ruger Mk. II.

Saturday: I walked around a bit more, bought some gun-care stuff and some speedloaders + pouches for my sidearm.

Sunday: I made good on my 3-day pass, picked up some MecGar CZ75B Mags (and damn were they expensive--$30 apiece), sold a pistol, and bought a used S&W 19-3 (decent price - $400). Now if the wait time at the NRA HQ range would just be less than two hours I can actually go out and shoot it...

I forgot to pick up more self-defense or target ammo...

kle

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
So I didn't find the gun that I was looking for at the show. Does anyone know if I can go to Guns & Ammo or VA Arms and have them order a specific gun, or are my options limited to what they have in stock?
I'm sure they can order it for you, no problem.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
Guns & Ammo ordered one for me.

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nova wrote:
There was only one person in front of me buying ammo at the one guy's table. I normally do bring one of those folding luggage carts but didn't this time. I ended up carrying two stacked cases of 7.62x39 all the way out to my truck instead :banghead:

Surprised though how little time it took. It only took about 3-4min total from the time the guy first saw me waiting until I was walking off with ammo.

It just gets me how friendly most of the vendors are at these gun shows. Gives me hope yet that there are good people in the world. I'm always polite regardless but it sure is nice to be treated nice in return.
Where did you buy your ammo?

Facing into the building at the from door I found some reasonable deals in the far right back corner (about 1 row in). Friday, I picked up a couple wooden ammo crates then filled them with Federal 9mm JHP 124 +P+ for $19.99/50 rd box, some 5.45x39mm AK mags, etc.

My problem is I just like buyin' stuff!! Sunday, I found a 1925 Mosin/Nagant 91/30 with all matching serial numbers in with a bunch of mixed part models and a crate of 7.62x54Rmm ammo.

I stayed just a few minutes too long at the show. I found a good deal on an HK (I know...I know...it's an Oxymoron) USP Tactical. The pistol is sold without the thread protector and being a responsible owner I pop over to SSG Tactal (aka "All Things HK") to get one. I thought the pistol was a good deal in the upper 3-figures, but the thread protector was $30!

:cuss: <--- Happy HK owner by the name of Oxy

:cool:

nova

imported post

useful_idiot wrote:
nova wrote:
There was only one person in front of me buying ammo at the one guy's table. I normally do bring one of those folding luggage carts but didn't this time. I ended up carrying two stacked cases of 7.62x39 all the way out to my truck instead :banghead:

Surprised though how little time it took. It only took about 3-4min total from the time the guy first saw me waiting until I was walking off with ammo.

It just gets me how friendly most of the vendors are at these gun shows. Gives me hope yet that there are good people in the world. I'm always polite regardless but it sure is nice to be treated nice in return.
Where did you buy your ammo?

Facing into the building at the from door I found some reasonable deals in the far right back corner (about 1 row in). Friday, I picked up a couple wooden ammo crates then filled them with Federal 9mm JHP 124 +P+ for $19.99/50 rd box, some 5.45x39mm AK mags, etc.

My problem is I just like buyin' stuff!! Sunday, I found a 1925 Mosin/Nagant 91/30 with all matching serial numbers in with a bunch of mixed part models and a crate of 7.62x54Rmm ammo.

I stayed just a few minutes too long at the show. I found a good deal on an HK (I know...I know...it's an Oxymoron) USP Tactical. The pistol is sold without the thread protector and being a responsible owner I pop over to SSG Tactal (aka "All Things HK") to get one. I thought the pistol was a good deal in the upper 3-figures, but the thread protector was $30!

:cuss: <--- Happy HK owner by the name of Oxy

:cool:
The 147gr +P+ I bought at the ammo dealer who was straight back from the entrance, last row before the wall. Also got the Fiocchi 357 from him (and the 7.62x39 cases on Friday). The 158gr Nyclads I found at a guy who had a table of gun parts. Noticed the lone box of ammo on the end and asked if he was serious about the price. I said I'd take it to which he responded how many? I asked how many he had left and bought the other 2.5 boxes he had under the table :celebrate.