• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NCCDL Forming

Bebog

imported post

Just my .02 cents here but I think we need to work to meet his schedule for this first meeting. I know we are all ready to rock and roll and I have no doubt that we can get it done without any guidance at all. But, we will have to suffer the same starting and growing pains that they have already been through and I think waiting for him before we kick it off will save us a whole lot of headache and time going forward. Guidance from those who have been there and done that is truly golden.

From that standpoint, how does everyone feel about a poll of sorts that goes until end of Sunday. By response to this thread, indicate your date preference (May 22 or 29) and then whichever date is requested most, Dreamer can setup with Phil on Monday?

To start it off, I will say that either one is fine with me.

chiefjason

imported post

Not sure how much help I could offer, but I am definitely going to keep a better eye on this thread. Sounds like good stuff. And it would be great to have a more active and vocal group in NC.

CarryOpen

imported post

Either date is currently good for me. I may get sheduled to go out of town, as is always a possibility, but I will do my best to go there.

Eugene

imported post

I am very interested in helping in any way that I can.

Will be watching this to see when the dates are firmed up.

Dreamer

imported post

Will do...

Location???

I know it's going to be in Raleigh, but at what venue?

I want to have a pretty firmed-up plan when I call him...

CarryOpen

imported post

I hope someone in the Raleigh area can make some suggestions on venues.

Dreamer

imported post

I just spoke on the phone with Phil VanCleve from VCDL, and he says he can make it down to Raleigh on 22 May. He has officially written us in on his calender. He may also be bringing either the VCDL Secretary or VP with him as well.

Earlier is better for him, because he is driving from Richmond, and we might want to take up a collection to help him out on gas, as a token of our appreciation. (just a thought).

So let's pick a venue, and nail down a time!

Scrub

imported post

I think I might actually be able to make it on the 22nd, and I would gladly chip in a few bucks to help with their travel expenses. What you guys are getting started here is great. I assume time and location will be posted to this thread shortly?

Sam

imported post

I'm going to try really hard to make it. I would love to be a part of this and watch it grow. Just so far of a drive. Can barely afford the gas I use normally. :(

edited to fix sad face

blindhog

imported post

I should be able to make it ,,,ifI can find the location? I'm a country boy here so some of them streets of Raleigh might be a little hard to navigate for me but I'll try. I'll be waiting for the updates withlocations and times.

Dreamer

imported post

Guys, we REALLY need to get moving on a venue and time for this. I've gone to the trouble to get Phil from VCDL to come down, and he seems excited about helping us get something started down here.

Please. let's choose a venue and nail down a time. Like I said in a previous post, earlier is better for him, because he's driving from Richmond VA...

Eugene

imported post

Okay.

The date is firm.(?)

Why dont you just make the decision and tell the members that are interested where to be?

My wife and I will be be there. We need to know where the "there" is.