• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NCCDL Forming

Dreamer

imported post

Because I live 2 hours away from Raleigh, and don't really know where the good places are.

I'm leaving the choice of venue to the "locals" because they know better which places are appropriate...

Eugene

imported post

Allright.

I was under the impression that you were closer.

I too am about 2 hours aways.

Any locals wanna step up and pick a place?

mekender

imported post

I would love to be involved. I might have trouble making it to the triangle on weeknights because I work 2nd shift. But it is possible to plan the occasional weekend meet for me.

Please let me know how I can help.

glockaholic

imported post

Another vote for Bob Evans. Good food and have never had a problem OC'ing there. I think we have our venue if there are no objections.

Dreamer

imported post

OK, so here is what I understand the final decision to be:

Bob Evans in Raleigh, NC
8001 Brier Creek Parkway
Raleigh, NC 27617-7596
(919) 806-3396

Saturday, 22 May, 2010

6:00pm-whenever...

If this is all correct, I'll forward the info to Phil at VCDL.

NOTE: It's looking like although I was the "point man" in getting Phil down here, and am interested in being a key "mover and shaker" in this project, I'm going to have to miss this one. My sweetie bought tickets to the JazzFest in Baltimore for Sunday the 23rd, and her daughters are having a dinner party on Saturday that I need to attend. So although I love visiting my girls, I'll have to go the Peoples Republic of Maryland while you guys are exercising your 2A Rights down here in NC. Sorry, but I just can't blow off the family for this event...

Pray for me, as I venture into the "no-rights zone" of the PRM... ;)

Eugene

imported post

All of that sounds good.

My wife and I will be there.

We plan on leaving around 1400 Saturday to get a hotel.

We are in Lexington.

Anybody wanna caravan?

Dreamer

imported post

OK, I'll telephone Phil Monday evening to remind him of the date, and give him the rest of the info. I've already emailed him the location and time info...

Have fun, folks, and stay safe.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

consider a more descriptive less militia like name than Citizens Defense League

I think if VCDL had to do it over again they would have chosen a name likely to be a better brand, more descriptive, less ominous, etc.

if open carry is a primary focus of the group, then "NC Open Carry" would be good - NCOpenCarry.org would say it all.

Keep it simple, unincorporated association to start, tioghhtly controlled by trustworthy people who get along - must avoid costly infighting over bylaws and other such nonsense

mekender

imported post

Let's not limit it to OC, How about the NCCRL?

North Carolina Citizen's Rights League.

Dreamer

imported post

Mike wrote:
consider a more descriptive less militia like name than Citizens Defense League

I think if VCDL had to do it over again they would have chosen a name likely to be a better brand, more descriptive, less ominous, etc.

This is a good question to pose to Phil from VCDL. Ask him IN PERSON if he would do anything differently if he had VCDL to do over again....

Take notes, folks. And if someone has a video camera, taping this event might be a good idea too. I'm sure that Phil won't have a problem with video, but be sure to ask first if you're going to tape it...

I wish I could be there, but family obligations just won't allow it.

Family comes first, you know!

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
imported post

North Carolina Citizens' Right to Keep and Bear Arms Association.

North Carolina Citizens' Defense Association

North Carolina Free Association of Concerned Citizens

North Carolina Association for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Or

North Carolina Citizens' Defense League

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I personally like North Carolina Committee for the Lawful Defense of The State and Self and Reform for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms of Free Citizens.

But, North Carolina Citizens' Defense League is a very very close second.

mekender

imported post

Turns out I have to send my wife to a spa to get her nails done as the price for me getting out of the house that day. So I will see you guys there.

NCjones

imported post

I'd be interested but I don't see the benefit of having my name on the membership list of some "home grown terrorist militia" group.

You know thats what we are nowadays if you own a gun and don't move along with the sheep.