• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NE Michigan OC Defensive training Chapter

American Sheepdog

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Are the exterior walls of a kill house made with something special to keep bullets from exiting?
This one is designed a little different. I am uploading a video of it I took yesterday, but in short, it is a building without outside walls, surrounded by large berms. The hallway goes right down the middle of it and the rooms are off to either side. There is a observation deck the entire length for safety watch and video taping the engagements. So you basically enter a room and shoot the targets that are placed at varying distances, but there are no outside walls. All you see is a dirt berm about 30 feet away and targets. NOBODY can get shot. NOBODY can be in front of anybody. The rules of engagement will be safe and simple. However, the action is fast and everyone will stay busy. You will be quite happy.

American Sheepdog

imported post

So far, 7 folks from OC forums are on the list. One group is a car pool from Ann Arbor.

4 from Alpena.

That's 10 so far! Not bad for the first day!:celebrate

IDPA has unfortunately backed out! Internal issues.:banghead:

More info about the internal workings of the event after the ASC board meeting next Monday, 12-7-2009.

I OC'd through Home Depot yesterday and was looking at knee pads and gloves. They have some really nice knee pads and thin mechanics-style gloves that I am going to buy. They will make great tactical gloves. I say this because the gloves with the velcro on top of the wrist are designed almost exactly like tactical gloves. Very thin, sensitive fingers...perfect! I suggest maybe taking a stroll through one and taking a peek. Just thought I'd pass that one along.

choover

imported post

I can't make this one but i'll try for one of the spring ones, this may be the start of a good way for people here to get together more often and have fun :D

Damn glad you joined :celebrate

Armchair Tactician

imported post

Figured I'd let you guys know what kind of person you are getting involved with if you decide to put yourself in harms way and actually attend this shoot.

This "American Sheepdog" character is a pretty unsafe individual.

Take note of this video on his Youtube where he is pointing his pistol at his dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fd32nZcbNA

Also, if you watch his other videos you will see plenty of other practices that would make you think twice about being in the same zip code as this guy while he has a loaded gun.

He also makes outrageous claims as to how .223 rounds will light your house on fire :?

Like I said guys, be extremely careful if you decide to attend this shoot.

That dude is VERY UNSAFE and a bit out there, as noted by this comment he posted on Youtube about "training" he supposedly took.

Sounds like someone plays too many videos games:

"A note about my background. The DOD instructor who trained me worked with Israeli mosad and SEAL teams, and was a Vietnam Vet. He has trained some of the most elite men God could make. I was under his wing for 2 years. Virtually every weekend he smoked me. Not even the ARMY could compare to the tactical training he gave me. From testing armor, blowing entry holes through cinder block walls with M-16's, to bouncing handgun rounds off walls and into a target down range...he was a tactical God! He will be sorely missed. Hooah!"

-American Sheepdog

He also had a video up (he took it down though) where he is spazzing out, waving his pistol around and randomly spraying bullets while screaming about Hasan to "meet him at sundown".

This is not a bash, this is a public service announcement to let you guys know what kind of person you will be dealing with if you decide to make the extremely unsafe decision to go to a firing range with this "American Sheepdog" fellow.

American Sheepdog

imported post

Wow! I would challenge anybody to absolutely review my ENTIRE series of videos that start off slow and gradually become more advanced. I have NEVER advocated engaging government officials in the defense of your life and home in a "without rule of law" situation. I ALWAYS promote working WITH local authorities to save you life and neighborhood. My experience is from dealing with Katrina refugees who were faced with armed gangs and rapists who gang banged mothers and daughters. If someone finds my information somehow in violation of our duty and right to protect our neighborhoods and neighbors through education, then I guess we have lost our way.

I find it somehow un American and un patriotic to condemn someone for rejecting political correctness and engage in role playing of shooting a terrorist. If shooting a terrorist, or challenging a terrorist to pick on someone with an actual gun is so extreme, then you have also lost your way. Any reasonable person could find value in becoming informed in order to remain free. My videos are basic and to the point. I removed the "Hassan" video due to the above types of anarchistic persons. My viewers are seemingly not ready to defend against a terrorist attack at their local coffee shop like in Washington State where 4 cops were slaughtered. If my wilingness to take out a terrorist offends someone that much, then that person needs to wake up and view the terror hotbed map on the DHS website.

If someone disagrees with a humurous remark to an animal, it shows a disregard for humor in life. I point guns at deer! So do many others. What's wrong with that? It's an animal! Childish games and accusations by "armchair tacticians" should be exposed. The term is self evident of the mentality and knowledge of the person.

Find one remark I made that makes me a extremist. Find one policy that puts the public in danger of becoming a victim to raping and pillaging mobs. I ALWAYS promote the cohesion of the family unit and the neighborhood. People need to become a community once again if their integrity as a safe community is to be preseved.
Long live the Republic!

viperar15

imported post

i'll have to agree to this...

Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction. Whether you are shooting or simply handling a gun, never point it at yourself or others. Common sense will tell you which direction is the safest. Outdoors, it is generally safe to point the gun toward the ground, or, if you are at a shooting range, toward the target. Indoors, be mindful of the fact that a bullet can penetrate ceilings, floors, walls, windows, and doors.

and "others" includes my dog, since he's family.

also... "do not point a gun at something you do not intend to shoot"

Armchair Tactician

imported post

American Sheepdog wrote:
All kinds of incoherent nonsense
"Being humorous" doesn't excuse a blatant safety violation.

Also, "anarchistic"?

Are you for real?

I ridiculed the "Showdown at Sundown" video because, again, you blatantly violated safety rules.

You made a video about jumping around like a maniac and randomly pressing the trigger so people on the internet think you are badass.

I would also like everyone to review his posts again to see how delusional this "American Sheepdog" actually is.

He's going to save you, your family, and the neighborhood.

He must know what he's talking about because he has videos up on Youtube of his "sweet skills".

Well, let me tell you something Sheep Doggy Dog, the level of competence with firearms that you have shown in you videos shows that you are nothing more than a novice with firearms and that you just flat out made up your training credentials.

Care to share where you received you "hostage rescue" training? Or is it too elite and too top secret for us "sheep" to know about?

Also, care to explain why nearly all of the "tactics" displayed in your videos are the complete oppose of the doctrine taught by real firearm classes where the trainers are actually certified?

I like that whole spray-bullets-blindly-down-the-stairway technique, that's a great thing to do when there are potential hostages that need rescuing. :?

But what do I know?

I'm just an "anarchist" who never took any elite hostage rescue training where I bounced bullets off walls, breached barriers with full auto fire, and just flat out became a tactical god like you.

What are you gonna do next?

Teach people how to "make the bullet curve"?

EDIT:

Also, why did you take down the video I linked to?

I mean, you claim to not have done anything unsafe.

So why take it down?

American Sheepdog

imported post

Show up next month and I'll make you a believer! Otherwise, stand down hater. You suppress freedom and knowledge. You will kill this thing from passing the council meeting tonight at ASC and disappoint everyone who worked so hard locally besides myself to get this thing off the ground. There are other safety officers and instructors who have worked the political side of the issue and have a lot to lose if you succeed. Fine...punish me if you want. But be advised that you are destroying the reputations of good men who have done nothing wrong to you and have something to lose if you succeed.
The ramifications are larger than you realize. This is not how you handle these personal issues. I have done nothing to you. People have put aside work to attend next month. If they cannot attend because you sunk the ship, then they have to take a vacation day for nothing and stay home. The people you are hurting goes way beyond me pal. If this fails everything you posted on this page will point to you for the reason for the failure, and loss of revenue for a struggling shooting club. I hope you can sleep good tonight, because if I post that it failed to be approved, you will have a lot of OC people who lost out, coming down on you hard. Just be prepared for that. You make me sick!

American Sheepdog

imported post

This is ridiculous. Good job twister of things that don't apply! You have no idea of the damage you have done to dozens of people. Thank you for possibly wasting someones vacation or sick days from work. Thank you for infecting the conscious of Asc board members with untruths. They are watching you know. I hope you are ready for a possible revolt from those who had a monetary stake in this event they worked so hard for. I hope you are proud. I feel really bad for those who took a vacation or sick day to attend next month. All this work for what could be nothing now. Way to go patriot.

Armchair Tactician

imported post

American Sheepdog wrote:
Show up next month and I'll make you a believer! Otherwise, stand down hater. You suppress freedom and knowledge. You will kill this thing from passing the council meeting tonight at ASC and disappoint everyone who worked so hard locally besides myself to get this thing off the ground. There are other safety officers and instructors who have worked the political side of the issue and have a lot to lose if you succeed. Fine...punish me if you want. But be advised that you are destroying the reputations of good men who have done nothing wrong to you and have something to lose if you succeed.
The ramifications are larger than you realize. This is not how you handle these personal issues. I have done nothing to you. People have put aside work to attend next month. If they cannot attend because you sunk the ship, then they have to take a vacation day for nothing and stay home. The people you are hurting goes way beyond me pal. If this fails everything you posted on this page will point to you for the reason for the failure, and loss of revenue for a struggling shooting club. I hope you can sleep good tonight, because if I post that it failed to be approved, you will have a lot of OC people who lost out, coming down on you hard. Just be prepared for that. You make me sick!

Are you mental?

What in God's name are you talking about?

Everything you just posted has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what I posted.

You just typed a bunch of nonsense that in no way answers any of my questions or backs up any of your claims.

You really are delusional aren't you?

You need to seek professional help.

After that, take a training class.

My point still stands though, you are deleting the videos of your unsafe practices as fast as you can.

Care to explain why that is?

I think I know why, because you provided all the proof I needed to show that you are extremely unsafe with firearms and seem to have no regard for the well being of anyone else that happens to be on the same range as you.

I especially liked the part in the "Clearing Malfunctions While Injured" video where you are pointing a LOADED FIREARM at your son (who is operating the camera) over and over again.

YOU are the kind of person who leads to the erosion of gun rights.

YOU are the one putting up videos of yourself being extremely careless with firearms for all the world to see.

YOU are the one who the antis will use as an example when trying to paint gun owners as irresponsible.

YOU.

Not I.

Armchair Tactician

imported post

American Sheepdog wrote:
This is ridiculous. Good job twister of things that don't apply! You have no idea of the damage you have done to dozens of people. Thank you for possibly wasting someones vacation or sick days from work. Thank you for infecting the conscious of Asc board members with untruths. They are watching you know. I hope you are ready for a possible revolt from those who had a monetary stake in this event they worked so hard for. I hope you are proud. I feel really bad for those who took a vacation or sick day to attend next month. All this work for what could be nothing now. Way to go patriot.
Did you just threaten me?

I saved this post dude, and I will forward it to the proper authorities if you continue to make subtle threats.

American Sheepdog

imported post

Armchair Tactician wrote:
American Sheepdog wrote:

Are you mental?

What in God's name are you talking about?

Everything you just posted has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what I posted.

You just typed a bunch of nonsense that in no way answers any of my questions or backs up any of your claims.

You really are delusional aren't you?

You need to seek professional help.

After that, take a training class.

My point still stands though, you are deleting the videos of your unsafe practices as fast as you can.

Care to explain why that is?

I think I know why, because you provided all the proof I needed to show that you are extremely unsafe with firearms and seem to have no regard for the well being of anyone else that happens to be on the same range as you.

I especially liked the part in the "Clearing Malfunctions While Injured" video where you are pointing a LOADED FIREARM at your son (who is operating the camera) over and over again.

YOU are the kind of person who leads to the erosion of gun rights.

YOU are the one putting up videos of yourself being extremely careless with firearms for all the world to see.

YOU are the one who the antis will use as an example when trying to paint gun owners as irresponsible.

YOU.

Not I.
Dude you just don't get it! The ASC board has ALREADY watched my videos...all of them I'm sure, yet they granted me a chance to possibly rent the shoot house despite certain reservations that need to be ironed out...like actual character and range rules. Rules at my house and at their ranges are 2 separate things, and since you are not an instructor, a gun can be used as a training tool under certain conditions. I don't have to explain myself to a range rag. Instructors have certain authorities dude, or have you ever attended a instructors class. People have their own opinions about gun safety. So what. But if 2 or more range officers check a gun as unloaded, then it is an unloaded weapon and can be used as a rubber duckie. If you don't know what a rubber duckie is then you have no right to question my profession.

Armchair Tactician

imported post

Then why delete your videos after I linked to them?

Also, the pistol you were pointing at your son was indeed loaded.

So, your argument is invalid.

Gun safety rules are not "an opinion".

Playing stupid games where you consider vital safety rules an opinion will lead to someone getting injured on the range.