• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help, Place of employment posting signs...

RegalNC

Beware of possible Revocation of CHP

s 14-415.18 Revocation or suspension of permit.

(a) The sheriff of the county where the permit was issued or the sheriff of
the county where the person resides may revoke a permit subsequent to a hearing
for any of the following reasons:
(4) The violation of any of the terms of this Article. ( Article 54B)

A permittee may appeal the revocation, or nonrenewal of a permit by
petitioning a district court judge of the district in which the applicant
resides. The determination by the court, on appeal, shall be upon the facts,
the law, and the reasonableness of the sheriff's refusal.

sultan62

Again, if anyone is willing to risk a 30 day unpaid vacation at the local jail and most likely the lost of your job, then by all means CC at a KNOWN posted place of employment where your employer has made his position clear on the issue! This is not a issue for me so carryon. Just seems like a "NO-BRAINER" to me. JMHO

If you know you won't need it, then I agree. But would you rather be killed or risk the thirty days? It's not an easy choice, but there's more to it than you continue to present. If you continue to ignore this point, I'm not wasting my time with another response stating the same thing, which you will conveniently skip over yet again.

s 14-415.18 Revocation or suspension of permit.

(a) The sheriff of the county where the permit was issued or the sheriff of
the county where the person resides may revoke a permit subsequent to a hearing
for any of the following reasons:
(4) The violation of any of the terms of this Article. ( Article 54B)

A permittee may appeal the revocation, or nonrenewal of a permit by
petitioning a district court judge of the district in which the applicant
resides. The determination by the court, on appeal, shall be upon the facts,
the law, and the reasonableness of the sheriff's refusal.

Which term is it violating?

RegalNC

Thread Softly Grasshopper

If you know you won't need it, then I agree. But would you rather be killed or risk the thirty days? It's not an easy choice, but there's more to it than you continue to present. If you continue to ignore this point, I'm not wasting my time with another response stating the same thing, which you will conveniently skip over yet again.

Which term is it violating?
I am not missing the point. Your hypothesis seems to be based on a known threat of violence. Any reasonable person would want to be in a position to protect themselves and others. The orginial poster is referencing a policy change at his work site. My response is based on Policy not Protection

The violation would be CC'ing in a KNOWN prohibited area:

§ 14 415.11. Permit to carry concealed handgun; scope of permit
"(c) A permit does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun in the areas prohibited "
"by rule where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises."

My understanding is signage not required only a statement needs to be made. So based on the earlier posts, there is a double whammy at his work site: The verbal notice and signage posting. Again, not my issue! A reasonable person can decide to do as he/she pleases! JMHO

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
No I am not a LEO. I consider myself a reasonable person that would never knowing jeopardize my freedom or employment, solely because I chose to CC at a location that I am aware of their weapons restrictions. If any reasonable person wants to test my assumption, go right ahead. Please take the time to post your results.

My results are that I've done it for over a decade and nobody ever knew. It's CONCEALED. If you keep your damn mouth shut, then it doesn't matter. Employers are not Cops. If they think their money is more valuable than my life, they can bite my shiny metal ass.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
The company that employs me prohibits weapons on company property (however, there are no signs posted) as well as in company vehicles. I drive a delivery truck, and I have TWO handguns concealed on me right NOW. I figure that if a pizza delivery guy can get robbed for $20, I often have hundreds of dollars in cash on me every day (sometimes over 1000) that I receive in payment from customers. I'd rather have to find another job than lose my life for the sake of adhering to company policy. The only way they are going to know about it is if I have to use it, and at that point the proverbial **** has already hit the fan, and keeping my job is no longer the top priority!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Resto Guy

The company that employs me prohibits weapons on company property (however, there are no signs posted) as well as in company vehicles. I drive a delivery truck, and I have TWO handguns concealed on me right NOW. I figure that if a pizza delivery guy can get robbed for $20, I often have hundreds of dollars in cash on me every day (sometimes over 1000) that I receive in payment from customers. I'd rather have to find another job than lose my life for the sake of adhering to company policy. The only way they are going to know about it is if I have to use it, and at that point the proverbial **** has already hit the fan, and keeping my job is no longer the top priority!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I can't fault you for that. Obviously. certain jobs make some employees more of a target than others.

When a robber goes into a grocery store he doesn't go to the bakery or deli, he goes where the money is.

Spearhead

Is this really a loophole in the law? Where I work, the main door where visitors (and some staff) enter is posted. However, the two doors where most of the staff enter are not posted.

I hate that word after all the "gun show loophole" crap. What the anti's don't realize is It aint a "loophole" if it's legal. If the speed limit on the interstate is 70 and I'm driving 70 is that a "loophole" because the other guy thinks I'm driving too fast?

Back to you post, to violate the statute, a person has to be notified that carrying is not allowed on the premises. If it isn't posted on all entrances, then naturally a certain portion of the people entering aren't going to know. It is up to the prosecution to prove you came in by the entrance that is posted.

Lawmaker

Staying specific to this case, he stated that he knows. So he would be in violation of the statue.

Lose your job because you got killed by a BG?
Lose your job because you defended yourself from a BG?

Here is a better question could he sue his employer, if a BG harmed him, because the employer disallowed a "safe" workplace?

Last edited:

Carry24/7

Lucky for me I don't have this problem. Not only does my job allow me to carry, they provide me with a nice Glock 22 to carry all day. They are very pro gun and encourage their employees to get their CCW. I guess I have one of the best jobs around. :D