• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Negative OC experience at Hampton Walmart today

mpg9999

imported post

byrdj wrote:
I was just in the Hampton WalMart and the previous poster is right, the sign saying you can't buy ammunition when carrying a handgun is gone. I bought some .357 with a revolver on hip and nobody said anything about it.
I went back today to see if they had recieved any ammo yet. They had not and I was chatting with the man behind the counter (older, long hair). He noticed my firearm while we were talking and said that he wouldn't be able to sell it to me if they did have it since I was carrying. I replied thats a pretty odd policy since I've already got a full mag, sort of like going to a gas station to fill up and being refused service because you havea car. He said that last year three men came in OC'ing and refused to show ID and were being rude. Some women there with her family complained about them buying ammo while carrying. Of course this still doesn't really explain their policy. I asked him if this was a corporate policy and he said he doesnt know but it is this stores policy.

HardChrome

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
byrdj wrote:
I was just in the Hampton WalMart and the previous poster is right, the sign saying you can't buy ammunition when carrying a handgun is gone. I bought some .357 with a revolver on hip and nobody said anything about it.
He said that last year three men came in OC'ing and refused to show ID and were being rude. Some women there with her family complained about them buying ammo while carrying. Of course this still doesn't really explain their policy. I asked him if this was a corporate policy and he said he doesnt know but it is this stores policy.
I was there once and some woman in sandals was being rude. I think that all women wearing sandals should be barred from coming in there.

This sort of mentality is just plain prejudice. It's like not allowing certain races or religions. Just because I have a gun on me doesn't make me act a certain way. Funy how people see it that way.

foolsmacker

imported post

What if I'm buying ammo for a different weapon than my carry gun? Can I buy 9mm for my wife if I'm carrying my .40? In that situation, the ammo and the weapon have no connection to each other, and the "no ammo if you're carrying" policy makes even less sense! (If it's possible to make less that zero sense.)

Neplusultra

imported post

foolsmacker wrote:
What if I'm buying ammo for a different weapon than my carry gun? Can I buy 9mm for my wife if I'm carrying my .40? In that situation, the ammo and the weapon have no connection to each other, and the "no ammo if you're carrying" policy makes even less sense! (If it's possible to make less that zero sense.)
The answer be yes, it's called "Non-sense".

HardChrome

imported post

foolsmacker wrote:
That would be a very interesting argument to pose. I'd like to see them justify that one.

Bubba Ron

imported post

I'd rather not give them that idea. I open carry a .45 cal in the new Wal-Mart off of Little Creek Road (by Tidewater Drive) in Norfolk and buy .45 cal ammo - when it's available, never been a problem. Sounds like a salesperson (manager) with a personal grudge....

ravonaf

imported post

So they won't sell me ammo if I open carrying? Then by their rules if I immediately cover up and go concealed they will sell it to me? That is retarded as hell.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

ravonaf wrote:
So they won't sell me ammo if I open carrying? Then by their rules if I immediately cover up and go concealed they will sell it to me? That is retarded as hell.

Who said anti ideas aren't retarded?:banghead:

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

TFred wrote:

I want to hide a camera somewhere and do an exposé on the fact that they disproportionately check receipts of minorities.

TFred (with apologies for the OT rant!)
I love these moronic statements. I wonder how many white people work at Jet Magazine???