• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News flash - Peter Nap in hospital

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Don you are in my thoughts and prayers. Just curious though what's the age of inclusion in old parts club?

sent using tapatalk

1 - that's Oulde Pharts Club. Get it straight. Some of us had parts that were worn out and used up before we were 20.

2 - membership in the OPC is based more on attitude than age. We are not just grumpy old men. Look up the definition of "curmudgeon" - that's just below the minimum entry requirement.

3 - peternap was inducted into the OPC on his second birthday - only because it took that long for the news of his birth to get out of the hills of the Shenandoah Valley.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Informed update

DoubleTap and I visited with Jane and Don earlier this evening in ICU - Don is doing quite well, but in a lot of discomfort - receiving no solid food or liquids. We took him a soft, cuddly bear with a VCDL pin on it and a Curmudgeon hat. He is aware but under sedation - he did return the Roman Legion salute and mustered a big grin.

JoeSparky came close to hitting the nail on the proverbial head. The aortic aneurysm was just below his groin and had burst :eek: The Doc went in immediately, cut out the damage and reattached + put a stent in the other side. No moving him to a regular room yet.

Jane asked that we thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. The visiting lamp is lit.

JoeSparky

Centurion
DoubleTap and I visited with Jane and Don earlier this evening in ICU - Don is doing quite well, but in a lot of discomfort - receiving no solid food or liquids. We took him a soft, cuddly bear with a VCDL pin on it and a Curmudgeon hat. He is aware but under sedation - he did return the Roman Legion salute and mustered a big grin.

JoeSparky came close to hitting the nail on the proverbial head. The aortic aneurysm was just below his groin and had burst :eek: The Doc went in immediately, cut out the damage and reattached + put a stent in the other side. No moving him to a regular room yet.

Jane asked that we thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. The visiting lamp is lit.

Aorto-Ileo-femoral bypass on one side with stent on the other--- it do just suck to have any form of vascular disease!

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

Had a neighbor who had the same procedure done.

fingers crossed !

Last edited by a moderator:

sidestreet

Thanks for the update, Grapeshot. Best wishes to Peter Nap. I hope our handsome, young videographer is back on his feet soon.

+1000

I think this is a left wing conspiracy run by the Kool-Aid party, covert assassination attempts conducted on the Oulde Pharts Club!!! May be around to visit the handsome young videographer this evening if permitted. Until then, thoughts and prayers are with him and family. Zeus must be beside himself! Hang in there, Nap & Keeper!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
+1000

I think this is a left wing conspiracy run by the Kool-Aid party, covert assassination attempts conducted on the Oulde Pharts Club!!! May be around to visit the handsome young videographer this evening if permitted. Until then, thoughts and prayers are with him and family. Zeus must be beside himself! Hang in there, Nap & Keeper!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

According to Jane, Zeus cried all night, would not be consoled that Don was not there.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Just learned of this, and so happy to hear that recovery is well under way.

Peter and I may have butted heads over political issues, but I like and respect him even if he's wrong about certain politicians.

Sending healing thoughts and wishes, Don, and to Jane, wishes for courage and strength.

paramedic70002

Entirely speculation on my part related to his only spending one night in ICU. The endograf repair is MOSTLY used for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm repairs. If this was an aneurysm at or above the renal arteries or involving the aortic arch and cardiac arteries/valves then he is MOST blessed to not have any complications and it would be VERY VERY unusual to only spend one day/night in ICU.

Either way, ain't modern medicine/surgery great! Just imagine if this had occurred in a location where the medical/surgical care was SOCIALIZED or even prohibited if one is above a certain age! His appointment for the CT scan to diagnose may be 2-3 weeks AFTER HIS FUNERAL!:shocker:

Or if he had gone to some jackleg hospital (like the one I regularly transport to) that misdiagnosed him and sent him home. Happens more often than you want to know.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just heard from Peter's keeper - he will be moved to a regular room tomorrow. That says a lot about his progress :D :D

Marco

PLEASE, let Jane and Don know me and mine wish them nothing but the best.
Glad to hear he is recoverying, if there's anything I can do you know how to reach me.

Marco

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
PLEASE, let Jane and Don know me and mine wish them nothing but the best.
Glad to hear he is recoverying, if there's anything I can do you know how to reach me.

Marco

Been keeping Jane up to date on the well wishes. Needless to say she is extremely happy with his progress.

Don is very lucky to have her - they make a hellova team.

Will be going to see him again, likely on Tuesday.