• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Norfolk here comes VCDL

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My mistake, Kevin. I had assumed this was something like the Jamestown ferry. Still, looking at my analogy, if I crossed a major bridge that had a pedestrian walkway, I wouldn't expect to see a sign that said "weapons may only be carried in vehicles, not by pedestrians".

AbNo

imported post

I got t-boned on Shore Drive, a block East of Diamond Springs.

Some guy was pulling out of the apartment complex there (Lough Lane), right behind a Ram pickup.

Well, he rammed me all right.

It's a good thing I wasn't using the "I don't need it, so I shouldn't have it" mentality for my seatbelt, that's for sure. :what:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm not a local, but there is a large parking garage across the street from Waterside, only a few blocks from City Hall, so we could park and meet there.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
I'm not a local, but there is a large parking garage across the street from Waterside, only a few blocks from City Hall, so we could park and meet there.
There is also a parking area directly to the right of the City Hall building where the City Councilresidesat 810 Union St. in Norfolk.

AbNo

imported post

Actually.... forget it. I want to go.

Anyway I can catch a ride from around the 245 Exit off I-81? Or maybe meet up with someone in an adjacent/en route town?

I DO need to pick up my JJ BAG gun at 8 AM that morning, though. Shouldn't take too long, I'll make sure the paperwork and everything is ready the 27th. :cool:

Kevin108

imported post

For those of you considering taking the ferry from Portsmouth:

I spoke with Philip and Ron last week at the VCDL meeting and HRT is being very uncooperative in providing any real information to help determine exactly how their organization is classified. Until that is accomplished, I guess whether or not the HRT policy of "no weapons" has any legal standing is unknown.

AbNo

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
anyone in or near Centreville(I live near where 28/66/29 meet) driving down there??  I can't leave until 4pm but would love to hitch a ride, I have gas money.

I have no clue where any of this is taking place and don't want to drive or go alone.

Please pm if you can assist.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/4441.html

Looks like Watson's taking charge. Good man.

bayboy42

imported post

Question for the day - I'm aware that some folks will be eating and Freemason Abbeys and some at other places before the meeting but havn't heard talk of a designated meeting spot for everyone to meet up at immediately before the meeting if interested. Obviously, some folks will be easily recognized by their open carry but others may not. Maybe the City Hall lobby....suggestions anyone???

Kevin108

imported post

Wow, we had an incredible turnout tonight! All of the speakers did a fantastic job. Seeing everybody in action first-hand made me even more proud to be a VCDL member.

Guys that spoke and everybody else that showed to support our cause: thank you!

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
Wow, we had an incredible turnout tonight! All of the speakers did a fantastic job. See everybody in action first-hand made me even more proud to be a VCDL member.

Guys that spoke and everybody else that showed to support our cause: thank you!
How was the message received?

Kevin108

imported post

Grudgingly, to say the least! They showed contempt not just to us but to everyone who spoke on a variety of issues.

City Council wants everybody to put up and shut up. Give them your tax dollars.
Don't ask for anything and don't tell them they're doing anything wrong.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
All of the speakers did a fantastic job. See everybody in action first-hand made me even more proud to be a VCDL member.
Well said.

Everyone who spoke was very impressive.

And guess what the most prevalent topic fromn the non-gun people was... police harrassment! Quite a pattern was evident.

Grahf

imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
Grudgingly, to say the least! They showed contempt not just to us but to everyone who spoke on a variety of issues.

City Council wants everybody to put up and shut up. Give them your tax dollars.
Don't ask for anything and don't tell them they're doing anything wrong.

I think the city's contempt for the public was best evidenced by Dan's and Philip's mention of the city's silence on their FOIA requests. I was deeply troubled by both their comments that the FOIAs have long since passed due and the city has failed to respond to them within the legally required time.