• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOT the way to Open Carry....

chowda

most would say i am "Paranoid", of course it ain't paranoid if it's true. the government IS out to get me, and the LE's job is to arrest people, anyway they can...
don't really think you could call me an anti.

I must not have splained myself well...which often happens I guess. What I tried to say is you could come off as the poster boy for the anti firearm people. They would use you as an example of what the 'gun community' is like, therefore it's a threat to chip, buffy, and their 2 offspring. They use stereotypes to further their cause to the programmed/non-thinking. For me, I try not to provide ammo to someone shooting at me. ;)

I don't see much difference between a progressive and a liberal as both are top down structures. The only difference I can see is that liberals try to convince individuals they aren't 'useful idiots' of their power structure. Progressives I always ask, "progress to what?" and they never have an answer to that, but their ideology is that of a liberal. Actual informed liberals don't use the word 'progressive' to describe themselves due to the disgusting history of progressives. But both ultimately want to social engineer the 'uneducated' the 'workers/peons/serfs' so they can build a better society....in their ruling eyes anyway.

papa bear

I must not have splained myself well...which often happens I guess. What I tried to say is you could come off as the poster boy for the anti firearm people. They would use you as an example of what the 'gun community' is like, therefore it's a threat to chip, buffy, and their 2 offspring. They use stereotypes to further their cause to the programmed/non-thinking. For me, I try not to provide ammo to someone shooting at me. ;)

I don't see much difference between a progressive and a liberal as both are top down structures. The only difference I can see is that liberals try to convince individuals they aren't 'useful idiots' of their power structure. Progressives I always ask, "progress to what?" and they never have an answer to that, but their ideology is that of a liberal. Actual informed liberals don't use the word 'progressive' to describe themselves due to the disgusting history of progressives. But both ultimately want to social engineer the 'uneducated' the 'workers/peons/serfs' so they can build a better society....in their ruling eyes anyway.

well,there you go, as a great American once said. i as a liberal want ALL rights to be respected. you do realize that there are "conservative" progressives too. Dick Chaney, Carl Rove, and Newt Gingrich are good examples. i do have a tendency to be a constitutional fundamentalist

didn't really understand the first part of your post

benraines

Open carry long arms where legal open carry of handguns is illegal

While we up north can legally open carry our handguns & long arms those in the Republic of Texas can only legally open carry a long arm (exception for black powder cap & ball original or replica).

http://www.infowars.com/gun-owners-defy-tyranny-defend-the-constitution-at-alamo/

Yeah, I know this isn't the Texas forum. I wanted to show photos of hundreds of people open carrying long arms fighting for their rights. Check out the photos of men, women and even some young kids wearing long arms (kids R wearing toy guns). This occurred yesterday at the Alamo.

papa bear

Papa the only thing worse than a progressive, is one that lies about it and claims to be a conservative.

true the question is are they really a conservative or not. they are progressives on both side of the isle. liberalism has gotten a bad name over the years because of the progressives and the "conservatives" have done bad things because of progressivism

chowda

While we up north can legally open carry our handguns & long arms those in the Republic of Texas can only legally open carry a long arm
That surprised me, but I guess there would be some historical context for that that I don't know about.

true the question is are they really a conservative or not. they are progressives on both side of the isle. liberalism has gotten a bad name over the years because of the progressives and the "conservatives" have done bad things because of progressivism

God you liberal/progressives are so boring. But please, dissect amongst yourselves who you are and split whatever hairs you need to in order to be comfortable with yourselves.

Interceptor_Knight

I believe you have it backwards. Progressives have gotten a bad name because of liberals... Much of the bad press the Conservatives have been getting is because of anti-progressive beliefs. Progressives believe in regulation, a "living wage", labor laws, etc... Using government to reign in capitalism, monopolies, etc.. Liberals believe in wealth distribution. They want to turn the Treasury into their check books for private interests.
Some would argue that progressive ideas could save the Republican Party..

It started in 2003 with Republicans' Medicare drug benefit. Rather than go the progressive route -- imposing price controls, permitting government to negotiate lower bulk prices or letting wholesalers buy drugs at cheaper foreign prices -- the bill hinged on taxpayer money. Essentially, the government gave $1.2 trillion to the pharmaceutical industry in exchange for the industry providing medicines to seniors.

Last edited:

papa bear

I believe you have it backwards. Progressives have gotten a bad name because of liberals... Much of the bad press the Conservatives have been getting is because of anti-progressive beliefs. Progressives believe in regulation, a "living wage", labor laws, etc... Using government to reign in capitalism, monopolies, etc.. Liberals believe in wealth distribution. They want to turn the Treasury into their check books for private interests.
Some would argue that progressive ideas could save the Republican Party..

we could set here and argue semantics all day.

the fact is that LIBERAL means to change things and to go by the constitution, and that everybody is born with these rights and that we need to protect rights for everyone, no matter what race, creed ,or religion they are
conservative means to keep everything the same

progressives which started with Teddy Roosevelt, and went wild with Woodrow Wilson, got worse with FDR, LBJ, and Bush. want to control people, because they are SMARTER, then the populace

why do you think a lot of people want to call themselves LIBERTARIAN, but this is OT, so this is the last i will say on it

Last edited:

chowda

we could set here and argue semantics all day.

the fact is that LIBERAL means...but this is OT, so this is the last i will say on it

I dunno. I appreciate comedy and a break from reality once in a while as sometimes life can be pretty hard. I say you should keep posting.

OC for ME

If only all politicians, after 1791, would have been conservative and kept everything the same we would not be where we are today regarding a over bearing "state."

Liberals....I know a liberal when I hear them speak. Progressive is just a term plucked out of the air to dilute what a liberal is and who liberals are. Woodrow Wilson was a liberal. TR was a liberal. FDR was a liberal. Liberals have succeeded in getting the citizenry to believe that a liberal is not as bad as a progressive. Liberal and progressive.....one in the same. Liberals (aka progressives) are the one true threat to liberty in this country.

papa bear

well if that were true OFM. would you consider Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Ben Franklin progressives or liberals. they did want to radically change government and go with a new concept

OC for ME

well if that were true OFM. would you consider Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Ben Franklin progressives or liberals. they did want to radically change government and go with a new concept
They did not want to change government, they rebelled against a government and created their own government. New concept, no, they wanted a government that was accountable to the people. Clearly their former government was not accountable to the people.

Unfortunately, folks now a days don't like being called liberal, folks don't like folks to be called liberal, because everybody knows what a liberal is and what liberalism does. Liberals have screwed up what The Founders created and everybody knows this, even liberals.