• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

nov 1 meet up at the DOJ

Outdoorsman1

i have the same exact reasons you do
but i will be in line before you

If you get there first, save me the second spot and if I get there first I will save you the second spot....

Ok.. just kidding.

I would like to be "one of the first" in line... But as long as "we" can get applications there and hand them back in right away, I will be happy no matter what "spot" I end up with..

If all goes well.... see ya there...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I should be able to be there on the 1st...should see if it would be possible to park the Airstream camper in the area of hte DOJ...we could make it an early morning/late partaaaay...

I'm in. Wouldn't mind spending a day or two in the capitol.

BrewTownBagger

I will be there as well, so if anyone wants to hitch a ride let me know. Maybe instead of standing in line we can stand side by side and hand in our applications all at the same time. Lol. :monkey

Last edited:

apjonas

At Least Shower Periodically

I'm in. Wouldn't mind spending a day or two in the capitol.

if you're going to squat in a public building. Or did you mean capital (= Madison) like at the Concourse ($155/night last time I was there).

Here's an idea - why don't those who make the pilgramage get your application packets together and stuff as many as possible into an Express Mail flat rate envelope. $14/5 (or more) isn't that much and (1) you get verification of delivery (by the next a.m.) (2) one arrives - all arrive, no "lost" applications.

HandyHamlet

The way it is looking we will have no applications till Nov 1? It's Oct 6 and the DOJ website looks the same as it did last month... Nothing on it.

So making a social event out of Nov 1 is fine by me. I'm kind of looking forward to it actually. I most definitely mean bumming around town for a few days as apposed to squatting. Like outdoorsman1 I also like to explore. I haven't done much of that in the Capitol yet and the timing is right.

:cool:

oliverclotheshoff

as my Op reads i am going down there
Glock21gb i dont think it matters to most of the people who are going that they are getting their permit the same day as who is mailing i think it it is more of being there on such a historic date

also i am driving from mauston anyone wish to tag along i have room for 1 rider

glockrdh if you take the airstream maybe you an inteceptor can get together and park and setup shop right in front and hand out apps and maybe put out a donation cup to help recoup some expense for your troubles paper, ink, gas for pulling the camper and of course we would giv you cutsies in line for doing this

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Glock21gb i dont think it matters to most of the people who are going that they are getting their permit the same day as who is mailing i think it it is more of being there on such a historic date

glockrdh if you take the airstream maybe you an inteceptor can get together and park and setup shop right in front and hand out apps and maybe put out a donation cup to help recoup some expense for your troubles paper, ink, gas for pulling the camper and of course we would giv you cutsies in line for doing this

^^^^^^^ These...^^^^^

AS for me, I will have my vehicle legally parked as close as possible for easy acess if needed with most of the comforts of home.

Other than that, I'll be squattin.... Might even get there a few days early and "set up camp" by the door....;)

Of course this all depends on if the DOJ gets it's act together and has applications available on Nov. 1 AND in person on the DOJ office... a couiple of BIG if's....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

The historic day was when Walker signed Act 35 into law & when I got a Hand signed by the Governor copy of ACT 35 & one of the Governors official pens :)

Attachments

• act 35 walker.jpg
    act 35 walker.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 101

apjonas

Do You Carry One of Them .10mm Handguns?

i can't afford 6 hours worth of fuel..so I will spend a .44 cent stamp & get my permit the same day as you guys that drive to Madtown...

You can get a letter delivered for .44 cents? No wonder the USPS is in trouble. Too bad gas isn't 3.39 cents per gallon, you could afford the trip.

Salient Observations

1. Everybody who plans a personal visit should remember that on 11/01/11, the DoJ will be lousy with media, looking for the oddball with the "Shoot 'Em All, Let God Sort 'Em Out" t-shirt to say something stupid for the 5:00 news soundbite.

2. First come, first served works in a a buffet line but there is no requirement that DoJ process applications in the order received, so a trek to Madison may be of little benefit!

3. Also there is no penalty for failure to meet the 21 or 45 day limits, so calculating a "no later than" date to receive your permit will likely leave you disappointed.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
You can get a letter delivered for .44 cents? No wonder the USPS is in trouble. Too bad gas isn't 3.39 cents per gallon, you could afford the trip.

Salient Observations

1. Everybody who plans a personal visit should remember that on 11/01/11, the DoJ will be lousy with media, looking for the oddball with the "Shoot 'Em All, Let God Sort 'Em Out" t-shirt to say something stupid for the 5:00 news soundbite.

2. First come, first served works in a a buffet line but there is no requirement that DoJ process applications in the order received, so a trek to Madison may be of little benefit!

3. Also there is no penalty for failure to meet the 21 or 45 day limits, so calculating a "no later than" date to receive your permit will likely leave you disappointed.

DO NOT PRESUME TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN & CAN NOT AFFORD ! A round trip from GB to madtown 5.5-6 hours in my Full sized Van with the 4.6 lit V8 would cost me almost a full tank of gas $ 130.00 I would prefer to spend that money on Food, Bills,The rent, the Permit, etc..you know IMPORTANT THINGS..running down to Madtown just to say I WAS THERE ON THE FIRST DAY !!!! Yee Haw !!! is not on my list of priorities.

HandyHamlet

....you know IMPORTANT THINGS..running down to Madtown just to say I WAS THERE ON THE FIRST DAY !!!! Yee Haw !!! is not on my list of priorities.

So. You are cool because you got a pen. But we are not because we have the time and inclination to hang out in Mad town?

Gee, since you put it that way I guess I will just sit in my house and stare at the walls. Till I die.

oliverclotheshoff

The historic day was when Walker signed Act 35 into law & when I got a Hand signed by the Governor copy of ACT 35 & one of the Governors official pens :)

not everyone was able to get sucha great peice of memorabilia it looks nice by the way so we are settiling for being in madtown on a historical date with a bunch of great like minded folks to try turn in our apps or be there to witness the doj eff the whole thing up
i for one fully understand trying to justify the trip there have been alot of meet and greets i wish i could of gone to but due to bills it wasnt possible its to bad you cant join us

nothing personal

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
So. You are cool because you got a pen. But we are not because we have the time and inclination to hang out in Mad town?

Gee, since you put it that way I guess I will just sit in my house and stare at the walls. Till I die.

hey, what ever trips your trigger..go right ahead & waste a day in Madison for all I care, while you at it throw away some money for gas & food too, so you can be cool with all the other people that have been blessed with the financial means & ability to taking a day off from work, you clearly can afford to waste both the money & time ......to each their own, right ! I run a small home based business I can't afford to leave the office & miss business calls for the day in this urine poor economy. I am not jealous of your financial blessings, don't be jealous because I got something that is historic, something I can frame & have forever, what can you do with your trip to Madtown on Nov 1st but brag about it...... :) Enjoy your fantastic trip to Madison on November 1st...

Kelly's Heroes > good movie by the way...

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
not everyone was able to get sucha great peice of memorabilia it looks nice by the way so were are settiling for being in madtown with a bunch of great like minded folks to try turn in our apps nothing personal

I said it was not on MY list of Priorities, everyone's priorities vary.It's just not that big of a deal to me to be the first one to hand in my application. I just don't have the money or time to dedicate to that trip to Madison,I am not going to Kennel my Dog for the day, I am also not a huge fan of standing in lines & waiting for what could be hours.... a $ 50.00 check & a forever stamp get's the same job done & I save a lot of money in the process... Like i said in my previous reply..for those going down , Knock yourselves out & have fun... I agree the DOJ is taking something simple & just f-ing up right now..Morons

Last edited: