• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NoVA (Northern Virginia) - OC reports

scouser

It's a grandpa thing - wind 'em up and give 'em back. :D

Not my intent, I assure you - will make amends.

Grape .. there is no need. I enjoy watching you and Logan interacting. I think it's kinda cool actually, especially as he won't ever have the 'grandpa experience' as both my wife and I lost our fathers in 2010. At least he did get to meet both of them so we did at least manage to get photos of him with them. You're more than welcome to 'wind him up and give him back' any time you see him.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Been OCing lately.

A liquor store employee thought the speedloaders in their pouches were mini-bottles of hooch. She hadn't the least concern about the defensive sidearm. :D

A 7-Eleven clerk asked about caliber. We chatted for about ten seconds before he had to assist other customers.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grape .. there is no need. I enjoy watching you and Logan interacting. I think it's kinda cool actually, especially as he won't ever have the 'grandpa experience' as both my wife and I lost our fathers in 2010. At least he did get to meet both of them so we did at least manage to get photos of him with them. You're more than welcome to 'wind him up and give him back' any time you see him.

I fear all [strike]we[/strike] you have done is awaken a sleeping [strike]giant[/strike] elfin, and fill him with a terrible [strike]resolve[/strike] freedom. :lol:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Supporting Chik-Fil-A
319385_421345734582182_963281990_n.jpg

304631_421334881249934_227002842_n.jpg

95MkViii

just wanted to pop my head in. I'm new to the site, i live in norther VA.

Ed, I was at the advanced autoparts right next to that chi-fi-a and i saw you walk out. just saying :)

but I DO open carry, im 19 years old. just wanted to stop in and say hello.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
just wanted to pop my head in. I'm new to the site, i live in norther VA.

Ed, I was at the advanced autoparts right next to that chi-fi-a and i saw you walk out. just saying :)

but I DO open carry, im 19 years old. just wanted to stop in and say hello.

Welcome aboard. Where's "norther VA"? (heh, heh..... I couldn't let that pass).

We're happy to have you with us. You'll learn much on these forums.

95MkViii

Welcome aboard. Where's "norther VA"? (heh, heh..... I couldn't let that pass).

We're happy to have you with us. You'll learn much on these forums.

Hahahaha well in that picture that Ed posted. Im literally right down the street.

I live in Springfield Va. any of you guys that have been threw Springfield ever seen a tan Lincoln mark Viii that's loud as hell? yup that's my car hahhaha.

95MkViii

Turning an 11.90, you can bet it ain't stock. What's it running, small block Ford 302?

no its a 4.6 DOHC (281ci) stock motor and stock bottom end. but she has a couple bolt on's.

i know this isnt gun related, but the mustang cobra was the trophy car for the 4.6 DOHC. but before they put it in the cobra, the Mark Viii got the DOHC its the first car to get the DOHC V8 from ford. so basically the Mark Viii is a Cobra in a tuxedo. shes beautiful I have to Lincoln mark Viii's. Both of them are a 1995 and both of them are the same color, Champagne metallic DA color code.

but to make this gun related im looking at picking up a RIA 1911. anyone have any thoughts on them?

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I had some open carry this evening. I would tell you all about it, since this is a report thread. But, it was pretty uneventful, so there isn't much to report. Anybody else? :p:)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I had some open carry this evening. I would tell you all about it, since this is a report thread. But, it was pretty uneventful, so there isn't much to report. Anybody else? :p:)

How about an invitation to an OC dinner at LongHorn Steak House in Richmond on 8/14 ?

Same generous offer I made before :lol:

Steeler-gal

Yesterday was a busy OC day.

• Practice at the Blue Ridge Arsenal range with Riana.
  • Lunch at the Olive Garden in Fair lakes with Riana.
  • Shopping for supplies for the beasts at the Petsmart in Woodbridge.
  • Stopped in at Quantico Tactical next door to take a look around. Kinda felt like I was being followed around the store by one of the guys that worked there but not really sure. It's a nice enough store but their customer service could use a little work. I tried asking them about some frequent buyer program they had advertised on their counter and couldn't get more than 1 or 2 word answers out of the guys behind the counter. Apparently it's all on the Internet but I could sign up in the store. I said OK, lets do that and the next thing I know he's talking to the guy behind me. Sigh.... Oh well, I guess it's back to F3 in Chantilly for me.
  • From there I went to the Manhattan Custard shop and got a snack.
  • Met up with a friend at Potomac Mills and walked around a bit. Enjoyed reading their rules of conduct - no firearms, knives or anything that can be used as a weapon - and then observed at least 4 sightings of 5.11 pistol bags or 5.11 pistol fanny bags being toted about the Mall. One guy smiled and winked at me after noticing me notice this bag. May be he thought I was cute but I think it was cause he noticed my 5.11 bag at the same time I noticed his. :lol:
  • Lastly, I headed to Sharpshooters in Lorton to take a look at their consignment guns. Lots of pretty choices to choose from.

No encounters and I had my new recorder recording all day long. Experimented with it part of the day and found that I can tuck in into my outside pocket of my bag and it picks up all the sound and voices around me very well - including me singing in my car. Glad I don't have to find a way to rig it to the outside of my bag.

jsfrederick

couldn't get more than 1 or 2 word answers out of the guys behind the counter. Apparently it's all on the Internet but I could sign up in the store. I said OK, lets do that and the next thing I know he's talking to the guy behind me. Sigh....

I guess not everyone understands that Women carry too. That's just too bad for him!

zoom6zoom

SteelerGal, I'd recommend All Shooters Tactical, just a minute down the road from Quantico Tactical. Very service oriented and friendly to OCer's, noobs and ladies alike. Owned and run by guys who used to work for Quantico and felt they could do a better job of serving "all shooters" and not just 5.11 clad "operators". Good rotation of consignment, too.