• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinner in Reston Champps - Meet OpenCarry.org Lori!

Neplusultra

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
The attitude and condition, preparedness for self-defense, will hopefully not be viewed one day as an issue of extreme self-assertion. but a normal, acceptable, intelligent non-event. Isn't that part of for what we are working?

Believing in and supporting 2A is good. Participation in OCDO and membership in VCDL is great. A female OCing something beginning with a 4 on W. Broad St. is priiiceless !!
Nice words Grapeshot, and yes that is what we are working for. Guns in the hands of good guys should not even cause a pause. As far as the weaker sex, that was just a little fun poking. Remember Jeanne Assam? Who fired at the church shooter "while advancing"! Wow. Need I say more?

Back in 2000 I was working at night delivering pizza while I worked on starting my business during the day. There was a young female driver there that I liked and enjoyed making fun of (in a good way of course). One day the crew was having a debate about male/female relationships. I said "God made woman to be man's helpmate!" Wow, that got her going :^). But she knew I had genuine affection for her. Since everyone there knew I was starting a business I said, "What if I was trying to start a business and needed 'help' doing some welding"? Would I want to hire someone who can't weld as well as I can so I could feel superior? Or would I want to hire someone who could actually weld 'better' than I could, who might even teach me something about welding? I think she saw my point.

She got married not too long after that, haven't seen her since. I still pray for her and her husband whenever I think of them.

perfection1144

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I just wanted to say how much fun I had with everyone in Reston and was very glad to be able to meet several of you. Thank you so much to those who could make it. You really made me feel welcome.

Special thanks to Ed for putting the whole thing together. I'll definitely let you guys know next time I'm in the area.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

perfection1144 wrote:
I just wanted to say how much fun I had with everyone in Reston and was very glad to be able to meet several of you. Thank you so much to those who could make it. You really made me feel welcome.

Special thanks to Ed for putting the whole thing together. I'll definitely let you guys know next time I'm in the area.
You are welcome.. let us know when you are back and we will do it again!

Ed

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
perfection1144 wrote:

You are welcome.. let us know when you are back and we will do it again!

Ed
I know I'll be there. :cool: