• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC friendly businesses.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Perhaps we shouldn't post on a what if or rumors, lets find out if this is indeed true before we go off half-cocked. get it a firearm reference...half-cocked...funny.:D

WARCHILD

imported post

True, that's why I included he said it may be a rumor. We should NOT start shooting off (tsk,tsk) emails to Home Depot, until they make it official. I see this person at least twice a week and he will inform me as soon as info is available.

Scooter

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
anybody know meijer's standpoint on OC?

cant find anything online. and a week has passed and no email response

I have a relative who works for Meijer (upper management) The policy is to "quietly follow state law". There was an issue several months ago at the Ann Arbor-Saline Rd. location. The store manager on duty, who was new, called the police when someone was OC'ing in the store. When they told my relative about itthey said "Why in the world did you do that? It's not against the law." It seems like most of management is aware of lawful carry. (I might add, my relative doesn't know "why anyone would OC anyway..." but that's another story....:X

Having said all that, Meijer can make anyone leave for any reason like most anyplace you go.

Bailenforcer

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Agreed, I'll wait to contact them then.I hate being stuck between "don't poke the bear",and an opportunity to speak up, and then lose the option to carry at all.
A friendly call to Home Depot HQ and ask them what the policy is...

Don't mention rumors, just ask because you do carry as a part of your business as a Builder. hehe.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

good idea. My last name is Carpenter, and my dad does own a construction buisiness.

Krogers on Sashabaw Rd. in Clarkston. Between I-75 and Maybee Rd.

I used to shop at the Krogers on Dixie Hwy, and Davisburg Rd, until they asked me to CC, when I started going to the Sashabaw store, the Manager had asked me what I was carrying, when I told him it was an XD.40, he said he carried a Sig, and a Kimber, but not at work. He was actually the one who told me about the open carry picnic last August in Auburn Hills.:D

Why not carry at work? If your money is more important to you than your life, then wouldn't it be easier to just rob a bank? :p

SpringerXDacp

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
good idea. My last name is Carpenter, and my dad does own a construction buisiness.

Krogers on Sashabaw Rd. in Clarkston. Between I-75 and Maybee Rd.

I used to shop at the Krogers on Dixie Hwy, and Davisburg Rd, until they asked me to CC, when I started going to the Sashabaw store, the Manager had asked me what I was carrying, when I told him it was an XD.40, he said he carried a Sig, and a Kimber, but not at work. He was actually the one who told me about the open carry picnic last August in Auburn Hills.:D

Why not carry at work? If your money is more important to you than your life, then wouldn't it be easier to just rob a bank? :p
Can you ask the manager at the Clarkston store to contact management at the Dixie Hwy store to see if there's anything that can be donefor them toreconsider their policy?

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I really don't want to rock the boat.

I see you are in Burton, are you aware of Advanced Ranges Inc? They allow rapid fire, double taps, and holster drawing, so long as you are responsible about it. 1096 Center Rd. 48509 (810) 715 2000

smallthunder

imported post

:monkeyI like the personal approach. Calling makes a bigger impact from my experiences. If I see a "No Guns" sign or get asked to leave, I will call a manager explaining who I am and what I belong to (MOC). I explain that what is said to me I will posted for not only Michigan to see, but the US of A, explaining that they are constitutionally unfriendly.I go further to say I would not like to see them loose allthat business so if they aresure that's what they want then ok and I will not allow my house to spend money there again and let everyone know their stand.

autosurgeon

imported post

smallthunder wrote:
:monkeyI like the personal approach. Calling makes a bigger impact from my experiences. If I see a "No Guns" sign or get asked to leave, I will call a manager explaining who I am and what I belong to (MOC). I explain that what is said to me I will posted for not only Michigan to see, but the US of A, explaining that they are constitutionally unfriendly.I go further to say I would not like to see them loose allthat business so if they aresure that's what they want then ok and I will not allow my house to spend money there again and let everyone know their stand.
That is good for a place that is already marked IE signed as no guns or one that has asked someone to leave BC of the gun.

However doing so preemptively over a rumor/ possibility does not seem wise to me as it might just put ideas in their head and depending on how the person who calls them comes off may even lead them in the direction of a ban when that was not their intention before.

Also it tips our hand and they know that someone from inside is talking to us and feeding us intel.

WARCHILD

imported post

Sorry Y'all: I didn't mean to start another debate on this dead horse. This policy change has not been confirmed. I only wanted to give a heads up that changes in corporate attitudes are in the wind (as with walmart). Just continue as you can and let this die until facts are available.
Thanks

lil_freak_66

imported post

i asked my chiropractor today,because ive seen several patrons printing(and i know he would have to notice the firearm for that,working on the back and everything)we talk about firearms alot too,we were talking about him getting a new 9mm soon and if i carry while camping in the UP,so i popped the question.

he said he would GLADLY(his face lit up at the question)allow open carriers to become his patients,and carry in the business,all that he asks is that you dont carry any "long arm handguns"(i.e. AKpistols or my 10/22)just because they'd get in the way too much during any procedures.

he also said he would like to have a sticker sent to him sayin he allows OC at said business.

Innate Chiropractic - DR.Dennis Weinstein

7045 S. Cedar St. Suite 1 (corner of cedar and willoughby,northeastside,in the small plaza next to the ice cream place and across the street from the chinese resturaunt)

Lansing MI 48911

www.innateCC.com phone: 517-694-8881 Fax-517-694-2505

and he is open monday and friday 12pm-7pm, tues,wed,thurs from 2PM-6PM

SpringerXDacp

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Mine too!

Healthwise Chiropractic in Clarkston MI. Scott Thomas

248 766 2437

This is the Healthwise address and phone number I get froma gooogle search, is it correct?

5770 South Main Street Clarkston Michigan
Phone: 248-922-3288