• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Map for KS

marine0300

if their is no city ordinance prohibiting open carry than it is legal reverts to state law. Go to the city clerks office and ask for any ordinance dealing with weopons and knives.

TheAngelKing47

Just saw a guy open carrying when I was at work today. Talked to him, he was an ex Marine, said he talked to the police chief here in Independence and it's 100% legal to open carry here.

RollinCode03

OC in Great Mall of great plains

I OC'd at the Great Plains Mall, and at Target thisevening without any harassment at all. Mall Security checked me out from a distance, but never approached me. The more I thought about the replies to the Bass Pro/trigger lock experience, the more I agree. Unecessary gun handling is not acceptable, or responsible. After the gun show tomorrow, I am going back to Bass Pro, and I am going to OC without a trigger lock. If that is an issue with Bass Pro, I will let everyone know. I really doubt it will be, now that I have more OC experience in Olathe and the surrounding areas, I can be more assertive in my 2nd Amendment Right. After all, I'm not breaking any local, or state laws.;)
I know it is legal to OC in Olathe last I checked the mall had gun buster signs on the doors, although these were at the bottom corner of the doors if i remember correctly.

TheAngelKing47

So it's legal here in Independence but politely discouraged. The state wants their money, and the police would prefer to be able to go after all the people on meth etc than worry about law abiding citizens because people panic is the general vibe I caught.

Mezmer

I know it is legal to OC in Olathe last I checked the mall had gun buster signs on the doors, although these were at the bottom corner of the doors if i remember correctly.

That is correct. But I don't understand going to a dying mall, but anyway. I was a Security Officer there and the most they will do is confront you and tell you that you cannot carry inside the mall.

DWCook

Activist Member
I don't see the point on going to that mall in the first place. I basically only open carry for when I am out and about, I do not go to places just to OC around. I understand on exercising your right but if your going somewhere just to OC and your not there for a purpose then your just showing off. This is just me, when I go out its for a purpose and not just wondering.

Wingnusa

Coffeyville

I'm coming to KS for work at Amazon this fall and was wondering about OC in Coffeyville. From what I read Independence is good, correct?

Maybe someone could do a colored map showing OC in KS??

wally515

Just saw a guy open carrying when I was at work today. Talked to him, he was an ex Marine, said he talked to the police chief here in Independence and it's 100% legal to open carry here.
Sorry, but I'm not an Ex, I am a former Marine. Thanks for not just relying on my informaiton. Chief Parker of Indy is more than a professional and is open to answer questions. To the guy that is going to work at Amazon and wondering about Coffeyville. All municipalitites in Montgomery County are open to OC. However, Police Chief in Caney says there is a city ordinance but was unable to produce it when asked. So OC there at your own risk. Glad I live in po-dunk USA where its still legal to be an American.

hermannr

This BassPro shop thing really bothers me...to anyone that encounters this type of nonsense, Request to speak to THE store manager (not any manager), and explain to him that as long as a gun remains holstered, it is a threat to no-one.

As soon as it is removed from it's secure holster, it becomes dangerous, intentionally, or accidently. Because your store wishes to impose an unsafe practice on me, I will not be spending my money here....and then leave.

That is totally uncalled for.