• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Pamphlet

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Gosirr wrote:
OK so I edited the file and hosted them on my webpage. links for both,(with & without flags)I can update as needed.You should be able to save the link, so people can download as it is updated.

http://home.comcast.net/~gosirr/Brochure10-29-08.doc w/o flags

http://home.comcast.net/~gosirr/Brochure10-29-08a.doc w/flags
Gosir thanks for all your work and for hosting the download. This allows any member to print off as many copies as they need. They can print them on their home printer or take them to a printer and have them do it. The choice is their's.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

My printer does not have a 2-sided module installed so I printed the brochureon two separate sheets. Will a printer be able to make copies of the one-sheet brochure using the two sheets I provide???

Venator

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
My printer does not have a 2-sided module installed so I printed the brochureon two separate sheets. Will a printer be able to make copies of the one-sheet brochure using the two sheets I provide???
I have to print one side, then take the paper and re feed it to the printer to print the other side, but my printer has a preference option that allows this. If you don't have that can you select print page one, then re-feed and then print page two???

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
I have to print one side, then take the paper and re feed it to the printer to print the other side, but my printer has a preference option that allows this. If you don't have that can you select print page one, then re-feed and then print page two???

Mother of God....of course.

Thank You

ETA: It's the engineering degree thing coming into play. :)

SQLtables

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
My printer does not have a 2-sided module installed so I printed the brochure on two separate sheets.  Will a printer be able to make copies of the one-sheet brochure using the two sheets I provide???

What Venator said...

But, to answer your question more directly, a printer should be able to take those two sheets and turn them into a brochure. Assuming you mean printer, as in a printing company.

SQLtables

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Venator wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
My printer does not have a 2-sided module installed so I printed the brochure on two separate sheets.  Will a printer be able to make copies of the one-sheet brochure using the two sheets I provide???
I have to print one side, then take the paper and re feed it to the printer to print the other side, but my printer has a preference option that allows this.  If you don't have that can you select print page one, then re-feed and then print page two???

Mother of God....of course.

Thank You

ETA: It's the engineering degree thing coming into play. :)

:lol:

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

What Venator said...

But, to answer your question more directly, a printer should be able to take those two sheets and turn them into a brochure. Assuming you mean printer, as in a printing company.
Yes Sir. Thanks.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

You will get a better quality if you give them the electronic file.
Hardcopy is nice to show formating, but first generation quality is lost if they
just copy it. Should only add a dollar to the total cost at worst.

SQLtables

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Hardcopy is nice to show formating, but first generation quality is lost if they
just copy it.  Should only add a dollar to the total cost at worst.

This is very true, but if you have a decent printer, I think the pamphlet will retain it's quality well enough, especially since it's just a informative pamphlet. Especially if you're not looking for color prints.

Venator

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
just copy it. Should only add a dollar to the total cost at worst.

This is very true, but if you have a decent printer, I think the pamphlet will retain it's quality well enough, especially since it's just a informative pamphlet. Especially if you're not looking for color prints.
I think he was referring to taking in a copy of the brochure for the retail printer to use as a "Master" instead of using the e-file from the start.