• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC without CPL on a bicycle legal, Maybe not????

cmdr_iceman71

Im pretty sure they found out, legally or otherwise, otherwise they would have likely charged him. They were looking for any excuse to do so.

You are correct. I never showed the LEOs my CPL. I only handed over my I.D. so they could write the ticket. The LEOs had dispatch run my name so as to confirm that I had a CPL. Given that I was OCing, I do not know to what end did the LEO need to know I had a CPL.

stainless1911

Banned
You are correct. I never showed the LEOs my CPL. I only handed over my I.D. so they could write the ticket. The LEOs had dispatch run my name so as to confirm that I had a CPL. Given that I was OCing, I do not know to what end did the LEO need to know I had a CPL.

I think they would have charged you for a CCW, had you not had a valid CPL. You would have been our test case. Im glad we didnt have to go through that, especially for your sake.

autosurgeon

I think a "square inch " regulation could be bad. What if they raised the square inch requirement to where it was just a little bit bigger than most guns?

Think about what you just said... Not possible as the square inch requirment would be a percent of whatever the total sizeof the gun in question was.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Think about what you just said... Not possible as the square inch requirment would be a percent of whatever the total sizeof the gun in question was.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I agree with Stainless. You have to use a % not square inches. The comment WAS a square inch and not a percentage. "I know that some states have gone as far as placing square inch of weapon exposed..."

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I agree with Stainless. You have to use a % not square inches. The comment WAS a square inch and not a percentage. "I know that some states have gone as far as placing square inch of weapon exposed..."

Good point. In my readings over the years I recall there was a state (Arizona??) that had a requirement of exposed square-inches in order to be OC. I will look for it. But, a percentage would be better because as has been pointed out, I don't know if my NAA .22mag could ever be OC if the square-inch requirement was in place. But, my point was only to state that a clear, reasonable definition from the legislature would be nice.

** If it was Arizona, I am aware that they now allow CC/OC by everyone legally able to carry...

Last edited:

aepfelsauce

Oh geez. Ive heard they can be a little slow with thiers. Maybe you could just go in and pick it up.

Sheriff said about 2-3 months in the mail.

I have a horrible feeling that I forgot to write my driver's license number on my app, I didn't have it handy when I was initially filling it out, and I can't remember if I ever went back and wrote it in before I submitted it.

PDinDetroit

Sheriff said about 2-3 months in the mail.

I have a horrible feeling that I forgot to write my driver's license number on my app, I didn't have it handy when I was initially filling it out, and I can't remember if I ever went back and wrote it in before I submitted it.

Yeah, from what I seen posted, Wayne County sucks at CPL Processing Times.

You may want to go to MGO and poke around the CC Forum to see if any assistance is available...

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150

1ADAM12

If they felt that a CPL was needed to OC on a bike, they would have asked for it. And if it was required, you would have had to supply it. They know that it is not needed. That is why they did not ask for it. Not because they found out from dispatch.