• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO - MI The Pit Shoot! Get The Day Off NOW!!!

eastmeyers

The OP and I were at the Pit not long ago when someone was "misusing" Tannerite and almost took some people out with flying debris (hunks of flying metal). I had yelled at them previously to knock it off, when this happened again they seemed to leave pretty quickly especially since a larger chunk landed about 12 feet BEHIND our shooting position on the line.

Please BE CAREFUL with the stuff and do not put stuff around it that will be sent flying by the explosion.

"misusing" seems to be an understatement, and even though 12 feet is most likely accurate, it sure felt closer at the time. What landed, was large enough, heavy enough, sharp enough, and landed with enough force to EASILY kill on contact, it left a couple inch deep crater before rolling under my vehicle. There were many none to happy with the individual stupid enough to do this, and he left very hastily. It landed right between two vehicles, within a foot of each, as well. Mind you it came from over 85 yards away, maybe 100, I am not sure of the distance of the very top, very back of The Pit...
Brought from stickied thread, then deleted in stickied thread.