• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO - MI The Pit Shoot! Get The Day Off NOW!!!

wrightme

Reporting posts is only useful if those posts are actually rule violations. For instance, if posts are personal attacks, they are reportable. If posts have nothing to do with either OC or are at least facially related to 2A issues, they are reportable.

Being of differing opinion isn't a report-worthy item.

wrightme

ROFL!

Beyond the "funny" of someone ignoring comments that they do not agree with, is the "funny" of the ersatz "need" to announce it publicly. :rolleyes:

For the record, I "see" both sides of this subject. The real sad thing is the reactions received to people who do not agree with the view expressed by the OP and others in this thread. There is no need for comment to the difference I and others present than "I see you do not agree with the restriction we ask for this event, but we do not want the hassle." The waffling and insult paint a sad picture of the group, and are a detriment overall. Police thyselves, lest others police for you.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

I believe that positions have been stated clearly and that the answers to questions raised have also been answered. I firmly believe no one is going to be convinced to change their opinions on this event.

Unless you have a new question or statement, please consider not posting further on this event.

SpringerXDacp

Just makes it harder to collect the brass, otherwise, I shoot there in the winter.
:lol:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=119933

77663_ts.JPG

insanebuddy720

Ill bring my arsenal: AR15, 1911, Mosin Nagant, Lee-Enfield SMLE, Rem870, High Standard Shadow, and I might have my Rossi ranch hand paid off by then. Might bring my tater gun as well. I got a target stand I made and I have like 80 human silhouette targets left, ill bring those as well. Is the range ok for sportin clays?

Evil Creamsicle

Ill bring my arsenal: AR15, 1911, Mosin Nagant, Lee-Enfield SMLE, Rem870, High Standard Shadow, and I might have my Rossi ranch hand paid off by then. Might bring my tater gun as well. I got a target stand I made and I have like 80 human silhouette targets left, ill bring those as well. Is the range ok for sportin clays?

the range is good for sporting clays, silhouettes, tvs, toilets, cars, and anything else whose mess you're willing to clean up.

NHCGRPR45

Yes, a snow shoot could be fun we could all make snowmen/women and place targets on them! I have access to steel reactionary targets, and some cherry poppers I use for training classes I could bring those if anyones interested?

eastmeyers

The OCDO - MI The Pit Shoot and Clean Up???

Okay don't get too excited yet but another member here has offered to drop off a dumpster for the day, for a certain charge, suggesting to find a way for donations to pay for it. I have offered to pay for the dumpster, this way we don't have one more thing to worry about. I am thrilled that we can get The Pit cleaned up, as well as get our garbage out of their without having our vehicles possibly getting muddy or snowy, depending on weather. Now I haven't herd back from this other member since I responded to his PM, but it took me a week to respond to his original PM, I will be messaging him again in the next few days for an update. I am very optimistic that we can get this done though, it will be pulled though. I don't want to put his name out, just in case things fall though, but he can "oust" himself if he so pleases. This will surely be a blessing!

So if and once we get the confirmation, we can change this from OCDO - MI The Pit Shoot!, to The OCDO - MI The Pit Shoot and Clean Up!

PDinDetroit

Okay don't get too excited yet but another member here has offered to drop off a dumpster for the day, for a certain charge, suggesting to find a way for donations to pay for it. I have offered to pay for the dumpster, this way we don't have one more thing to worry about. I am thrilled that we can get The Pit cleaned up, as well as get our garbage out of their without having our vehicles possibly getting muddy or snowy, depending on weather. Now I haven't herd back from this other member since I responded to his PM, but it took me a week to respond to his original PM, I will be messaging him again in the next few days for an update. I am very optimistic that we can get this done though, it will be pulled though. I don't want to put his name out, just in case things fall though, but he can "oust" himself if he so pleases. This will surely be a blessing!

So if and once we get the confirmation, we can change this from OCDO - MI The Pit Shoot!, to The OCDO - MI The Pit Shoot and Clean Up!

Excellent!

If possible, we should see if someone has more than just rakes/shovels (like a backhoe or something like that). I was there on Sunday and it looks worse by the day...

eastmeyers

Excellent!

If possible, we should see if someone has more than just rakes/shovels (like a backhoe or something like that). I was there on Sunday and it looks worse by the day...
Its only one dumpster, and that is only IF this comes through. I looked into getting those ones you buy at Lowes, then call and schedule Waste Managment to pick-up once its full, but they don't pick up in the Zip Code.