• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olivette Mo To Ban Open Carry

Marc

Yeah, that kiki person really defined it too, because they feel they want to "rage on" they think everyone else will.

Classic anti-gunner reasoning.

Life moves on folks and just because you do not get the front parking place does not mean you want to shoot them. I frankly have never had a disagreement at all over a parking place. I hit the lot, scope an isle, turn and park in the first slot. I do not wait for someone to pull out, I do not drive endlessly, I turn and I park. If it is raining, I let my lovely maiden out at the door and then park.

As stupid as people can be, I may wonder why they remain alive, however that does not equate to any type of desire to kill them.

I can say that i will never get upset over a parking spot. My car is too nice and i dont want door dings from inconsiderate idiots so i park at the far end of any lot away from everyone i aint too lazy to walk a hundred feet to the door. Just my 2 cents :)

sohighlyunlikely

Who are the key players in Olivette

Here are a couple of fun facts about Olivette's Imperialist Government.

When asked about gay rights "The city has always valued diversity", Mayor Jean Antoine said. It doesn't look like she is really tolerant of other kinds of diversity now does it.

The city attorney Paul Martin who in part or whole wrote the perspective law change regarding a ban on OC is, or was, the city attorney for St George. I think we are all aware of the high level of corruption that has come from there.

In the things he finds most important Rick Knox the Chief of police's training appears a little more Martial Law than Civil Liberties. Here is one of his training achievements from "Naval Postgraduate School’s Center for Homeland Defense and Security"
http://olivettemo.com/Homesub.asp?nID=1002

Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Here are a couple of fun facts about Olivette's Imperialist Government.

When asked about gay rights "The city has always valued diversity", Mayor Jean Antoine said. It doesn't look like she is really tolerant of other kinds of diversity now does it.

Doc

ITEMS OF NOTE:

Jean is a He not She. I know, I have never met anyone that was male was not Gene.

almost 100% of votes have been unanimous in the last year only one recorded nay, a real estate issue and the developer who is a council person.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Well done Doc!

It is a sad day in America when such things happen, wow has it changed.

For Pete's Sake!

Can anyone tell me what's the States position is on open carry? They give the Constitutional Right to carry yet it seems they are silent when someone wants to take those rights away.

For all these local municipalities outlawing your Constitutional Rights away is there any legal remedy?

Are the courts involved now? If so where does it stand?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Can anyone tell me what's the States position is on open carry? They give the Constitutional Right to carry yet it seems they are silent when someone wants to take those rights away.

For all these local municipalities outlawing your Constitutional Rights away is there any legal remedy?

Are the courts involved now? If so where does it stand?

Note OCDO reference:

"While open carry is generally legal in Missouri, their preemption statute is unique in that it preempts the entire field of firearms law except for the regulation of open carry. Consequently, carrying openly in Missouri will expose you to a checkerboard of local ordinances."
http://www.opencarry.org/mo.html

There is a task for your legislature and those that lobby.

For Pete's Sake!

Olivette has a lengthy history of passing ordinances with constitutional infirmities. This new ordinance doesn't surprise me one bit. The city is run by a group of Progressive Authoritarians who act more like fascist nannies than a representative government of the people, by the people. Everyone in the council as well as the chief swore to uphold the Constitution but have failed miserably in their duties to do so.

For Pete's Sake!

Note OCDO reference:

"While open carry is generally legal in Missouri, their preemption statute is unique in that it preempts the entire field of firearms law except for the regulation of open carry. Consequently, carrying openly in Missouri will expose you to a checkerboard of local ordinances."

Is there any legislation on the table in Jefferson City to remedy this situation?

kcgunfan

If that's what OCDO has, it is technically incorrect. Everything is preempted except for open carry and discharge. What's the process to get that updated?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

kcgunfan

The legislature is out of regular session till January.

OK, I'll agree that was vague. I'm not trying to get the legislature to change the law in this post (as much as I would like to see it.) Instead, OCDO's Missouri section should be changed to reflect the current law in Missouri. How/Who does that get changed?

For Pete's Sake!

Note OCDO reference:

Thanks again. Btw, I meant to ask earlier but what exactly is a preemption statute and how does it apply to firearms? Sorry but I just started looking into this and I'm not too familiar with the problems associated with the statutes. Like most other people I always assumed that your Constitutional rights shall not be infringed but the truth is suggesting the other is happening.

kcgunfan

Thanks again. Btw, I meant to ask earlier but what exactly is a preemption statute and how does it apply to firearms? Sorry but I just started looking into this and I'm not too familiar with the problems associated with the statutes. Like most other people I always assumed that your Constitutional rights shall not be infringed but the truth is suggesting the other is happening.

Missouri's preemption statute is here: http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c000-099/0210000750.htm . You can read it for yourself in full glory. Basically, the state government says that you cannot pass any laws more strict than the states laws pertaining in any way to the field of firearms in any way, except for open carry and discharge of a firearm.

In general, this is considered a good thing, This means that Missouri counties and cities cannot make stricter laws than the state can in the areas they've preempted. I just wish that open carry and discharge were also preempted.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Missouri Firearms preemption statute:
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c000-099/0210000750.htm

For Pete's Sake!

Missouri's preemption statute is here: http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c000-099/0210000750.htm . You can read it for yourself in full glory. Basically, the state government says that you cannot pass any laws more strict than the states laws pertaining in any way to the field of firearms in any way, except for open carry and discharge of a firearm.

In general, this is considered a good thing, This means that Missouri counties and cities cannot make stricter laws than the state can in the areas they've preempted. I just wish that open carry and discharge were also preempted.

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming the exception was intentional. It really makes things confusing from one town to the next. Personally, I could never undersatnd why you need permission or a permit to excersice your contitutional rights. If you can legally own a gun then your right to carry/posses starts the minute you make the purchase. In my opinion, a permit is a form of gun control. This is one of the reasons I support open carry.