• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Once obama gets his Health care plan, Guns are NEXT

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

am I seeing a person who is likely to defend a homosexual or a Muslim being abused, or am I seeing someone who would join in?

Me I might stand and watch, did the gay guy or Muslim /Terrorist deserve to get beaten up ? that is the question.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

drkarrow wrote:
It's easy to sit around and blame this group or that. Categorizing and insulting mass groups of individuals does not help our cause in any way. We need a way to educate and teach them rather than publicly insult them in forums.
It's also easy to say that Obama's going to take all the guns. It might be better for freedom, long term, if he did.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
By contrast, the noisy urban liberals are far more hostile to police and advocate a much more benign and restrained government.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh this guy is getting good. Finally coming to the realization that the majority of the 2A movement is made upof fascist neo-cons.
...who think freedom is a smorgasbord. The sad fact is that so many gun owners are authority-loving, belligerent, intolerant, unsophisticated, homophobic, racists. When I see a loud, raised pickup, emblazoned with flags and insulting taunts and slogans, driven by a large moustached man of coarse manners, am I seeing a person who is likely to defend a homosexual or a Muslim being abused, or am I seeing someone who would join in?

That's exactly the problem. They'll deny it to the ends of the earth because they know how damaging it would be to their credibility, but it does show through at times. If they had their way we'd be less free than we are now.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
By contrast, the noisy urban liberals are far more hostile to police and advocate a much more benign and restrained government.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh this guy is getting good. Finally coming to the realization that the majority of the 2A movement is made upof fascist neo-cons.
...who think freedom is a smorgasbord. The sad fact is that so many gun owners are authority-loving, belligerent, intolerant, unsophisticated, homophobic, racists. When I see a loud, raised pickup, emblazoned with flags and insulting taunts and slogans, driven by a large moustached man of coarse manners, am I seeing a person who is likely to defend a homosexual or a Muslim being abused, or am I seeing someone who would join in?

That's exactly the problem. They'll deny it to the ends of the earth because they know how damaging it would be to their credibility, but it does show through at times. If they had their way we'd be less free than we are now.
I hope your statements are not directed at me, I am a hardline, ultra conservative.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I hope your statements are not directed at me, I am a hardline, ultra conservative.

I had no idea you were even in this thread, nevermind me directing anything at you. Since you brought it up though... Congrats, you're part of the problem. I want nothing to do with anyone that self-identifies as a "hardline ultra conservative," or anykind of "conservative" for that matter.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
And you'd rather see who win? Does anything other than the AWB matter to you, or is that the only issue in the world?
Here is the thing...

People who own guns tend to use that issue as a pair of corrective lenses.

If you aren't right on guns, we can't really see any of the other issues.

I know that I personally subscribe to that policy, because at the end of the day, the right to keep and bear arms is the right that protects all the others.

The truth is simple: Arms are force. Force is the basis of government. The only just government is a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people". Therefore, the only just government is one where the people bear arms.

If said politician can't understand that simple premise, why should I care where he/she stands on anything else?

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

I had no idea you were even in this thread, nevermind me directing anything at you. Since you brought it up though... Congrats, you're part of the problem. I want nothing to do with anyone that self-identifies as a "hardline ultra conservative," or anykind of "conservative" for that matter.
Labels.

Words mean little. Actions speak louder.

Chaingun81

imported post

I don't think they have the votes for another AWB right now. Plus, they have other priorities and seeing how hard it is for Obama to get anything to pass despite Dem control of both House and Senate, he might not be willing to waste his political capital on guns.

I think they already tried to touch base on the issue when bothHolder and Hitlery "accidently" mentioned AWB and got a strong push back.

I'd guess that they will let AWB idea go for now until/unless somethingmajorchanges - like the make up of the Senate and Congress or some major mass shooting (I hope not) happens...

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
I know that I personally subscribe to that policy, because at the end of the day, the right to keep and bear arms is the right that protects all the others.

But that obviously hasn't played out. While they only chip away at the 2A, everything else is getting shit on like nobody's business. In reality, hot button issues like guns, abortion, gay marriage, etc, don't matter in the grand scheme of things. They're used to take peoples' attention off the real issues and losses of freedom.

Chaingun81

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

There is a huge difference between an ignorant redneck and a person who isfiscally very conservative andwho is pro-personal freedom but pro-traditional values at the same time. The balance is the key. I'm self-identified as very conservative on some issue and very libertarian on others. My point is that let everyone do whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect others in a negative way. It's very hard to find this balance, but that's the key...

Chaingun81

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
drkarrow wrote:
It's easy to sit around and blame this group or that. Categorizing and insulting mass groups of individuals does not help our cause in any way. We need a way to educate and teach them rather than publicly insult them in forums.
It's also easy to say that Obama's going to take all the guns. It might be better for freedom, long term, if he did.
You have a serious mental problem. I recall there are some guys herewho are willing to donate for your "move to another country" fund. I will chip in too...

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
There is a huge difference between an ignorant redneck and a person who isfiscally very conservative andwho is pro-personal freedom but pro-traditional values at the same time. The balance is the key.

No. Not at all.

Fiscal "conservative" = corporate welfare... that's not pro-freedom

Pro-freedom and pro-traditional values are opposing ideals. You can't legislate morals.

compmanio365

imported post

At the end of the day, if everything else is gone, the guns we own will determine whether we are free men or subjects of a tyrannical government. Once they sufficiently disarm us, we can be easily run over roughshod by the government thugs that do have arms and can easily dispose of those who would speak out. If it gets to the point where we must fight to retain or reobtain our freedoms, whether or not we are armed will make all the difference in the world to our ability to succeed in our endeavours. The founding fathers understood this, and free men everywhere today understand this. Those who would be complacent and apologize for statism and tyranny argue for disarmament and peace at all costs. It is a trick; a ploy, to get you to willingly give up what you are now willing to fight for. Fancy words and long winded diatribes that, in the end, mean absolutely nothing. Some of us see it for what it really is. Others, sadly, are buying into the hype and promises of a better future without the ability to fight ones oppressors.

Chaingun81

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Chaingun81 wrote:
There is a huge difference between an ignorant redneck and a person who isfiscally very conservative andwho is pro-personal freedom but pro-traditional values at the same time. The balance is the key.

No. Not at all.

Pro-freedom and pro-traditional values are opposing ideals. You can't legislate morals.
Well, that just shows how little exposure you had to different people. You always blame others for broadstatement and labelswhich put large groups of people into the same black-or-white category, but you are doing exactly the same yourself.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Phoenixphire wrote:

But that obviously hasn't played out. While they only chip away at the 2A, everything else is getting @#$% on like nobody's business. In reality, hot button issues like guns, abortion, gay marriage, etc, don't matter in the grand scheme of things. They're used to take peoples' attention off the real issues and losses of freedom.

AWDstylez ...

What other freedom's are being chipped away that you would not SCREAM & KICK as being off topic ?

Perhaps being a primadonna know it all is getting a bit overwhelming and is exposing a cranky mind set.

Stay focused on guns .

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
Well, that hasn't happened. I have the right to be free from governmental intimidation and oppression, yet the cops have no difficulty attacking me, intimidating me and lying about while the vast body of gun owners cheer them on and admonish me to restrain my "attitude."

On this and another gun forum, I had gun owners trying to get me arrested and hoping that I would be arrested for arguing that Florida gun owners have an automatic right to CWP approval. I need the ACLU to defend me from gun owners.

This country has become a police state through the diligent efforts of gun owners. If anyone tried to unwind the police state, gun owners would be the first to defend the status quo.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Chaingun81 wrote:

No. Not at all.

Well, that just shows how little exposure you had to different people. You always blame others for broadstatement and labelswhich put large groups of people into the same black-or-white category, but you are doing exactly the same yourself.

Don't like black/white categories and labels? Don't self-label. That's what those labels REALLY mean. If you don't want to be lumped in, don't label yourself with useless titles.

I'm me. I'm not conservative, liberal, right-wing psycho... Imean "libertarian"- I'm just me.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
applause.png
images

smoking357

Banned
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
At the end of the day, if everything else is gone, the guns we own will determine whether we are free men or subjects of a tyrannical government.
We're not free, now, and I have plenty of guns.

I just read about a rapper who was arrested for writing a rap song about the cops, and the cops posted his lyrics to their web site.

Oh, yeah, how many of you "freedom lovers" support workplace drug testing?

With the exception of guns, gun owners aren't strong freedom advocates.

How does the ACLU count to ten?

How do gun owners count to ten?