• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry "dress code"

wittmeba

Dress Code entails more than just the clothes you cover your body with.

To me it includes hair style, beards & shaving, jewelry, piercings, Tattoos, pants and how you wear them, belts & shoes. How all this fits is up to the individual.

But most important to me is attitude.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I all ways had a beard while I was in the NAVY. For the next 10 ½ years I was a LEO and had to be clean shaved. When I left the Force in 86 I threw away my razor and told my barber he wasn’t making any more money off of me. Now I am just me. If you don’t like me the way I am _________ you………..
Like I stated before the most question is are you a Bounty Hunter? My answer is. Is there a bounty on you? If so, I’ll be happy to collect.

Wolf
The left rear tire looks a little low.

countryclubjoe

Blazer, trousers, waist coat and a nice fedora. Dress like a gentleman however shoot to kill!

Best regards

CCJ

visit my shop for a nice vintage look, perfect for open carry.

wimwag

Blazer, trousers, waist coat and a nice fedora. Dress like a gentleman however shoot to kill!

Best regards

CCJ

visit my shop for a nice vintage look, perfect for open carry.

Sweatpants, wifebeater and a dirty Yankees hat. Be who you are. We are all acceptable. Except Doug Hoffman. **** you Doug Hoffman.

The Truth

I all ways had a beard while I was in the NAVY. For the next 10 ½ years I was a LEO and had to be clean shaved. When I left the Force in 86 I threw away my razor and told my barber he wasn’t making any more money off of me. Now I am just me. If you don’t like me the way I am _________ you………..
Like I stated before the most question is are you a Bounty Hunter? My answer is. Is there a bounty on you? If so, I’ll be happy to collect.

Wolf

You rule, dude.

Sweatpants, wifebeater and a dirty Yankees hat. Be who you are. We are all acceptable. Except Doug Hoffman. **** you Doug Hoffman.

+1

hovercat

As we celebrate RKBA let us recognize other rights. The right, in our personal lives, to judge others any way we wish, recognizing and welcoming that we will be judged also. The right to ridicule, to be bigots, racists, sexist homophobes. As sweet as Mother Theresa or......less. Viva la'differance!

3FULLMAGS+1

I happened upon this thread, as I'm more of a lurker here than a regular poster, by far.......anyway.......

I'm self-employed.......I own a small refuse business, (yep, I pick up trash),an no, it ain't cologne I'm wearin'.

I wear newer looking jeans/tee shirts almost all of the time and heavier clothes in the winter, (I'm not just the owner, I'm the driver and I'm the face that all my customers see and the person that they deal with directly and I don't want to appear any "grungier" than nessesary, even though the business is what it is.

I do carry openly while running the routes and have gotten some interesting comments over the years, but those are few and far between, but I can imagine what goes through peoples minds when they see me get out of my "truck" with the XDs on my hip.

The only time I "might" cover it up is when I need to knock on somebody's door to collect on a bill !

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The only time I "might" cover it up is when I need to knock on somebody's door to collect on a bill !

Wow, that's one of the few good reasons I've yet heard to (occasionally) CC.

Inadvertently giving the wrong impression during an attempt to collect a debt is a pretty good way to lose customers, after all.

Bernymac

I happened upon this thread, as I'm more of a lurker here than a regular poster, by far.......anyway.......

I'm self-employed.......I own a small refuse business, (yep, I pick up trash),an no, it ain't cologne I'm wearin'.

I wear newer looking jeans/tee shirts almost all of the time and heavier clothes in the winter, (I'm not just the owner, I'm the driver and I'm the face that all my customers see and the person that they deal with directly and I don't want to appear any "grungier" than nessesary, even though the business is what it is.

I do carry openly while running the routes and have gotten some interesting comments over the years, but those are few and far between, but I can imagine what goes through peoples minds when they see me get out of my "truck" with the XDs on my hip.

Your "small refuse business" does not happened to be named Barone Sanitation, does it? :lol:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
I sometimes have a will-work-for-ammo "transient" thing going on...but it doesn't stop me from OCing anyway, so I'm not concerned about any "dress code" even if such an animal exists.

Carry all the time, no matter how you look. Let's see how "you don't look legal" holds up in court.

And contrary to present belief, maybe someday I really WILL be able to pay cash for that Honolulu condo after all!

Aloha...

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I sometimes have a will-work-for-ammo "transient" thing going on...but it doesn't stop me from OCing anyway, so I'm not concerned about any "dress code" even if such an animal exists.

Carry all the time, no matter how you look. Let's see how "you don't look legal" holds up in court.

And contrary to present belief, maybe someday I really WILL be able to pay cash for that Honolulu condo after all!

Aloha...

Can I get a good deal on your guns when you move to HI? :)

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
If they don't have shall-issue by the time I get there, I'm really not sure what I'll do with my guns. I CAN take them all with me, but could only have them @ home, not out & about.

Well, at least they'd come in handy when/if the "natives" get restless and want to throw out all the Foreign Devils, yes? You know, a "Hawaiian Spring" of sorts?

But frankly, most of my guns are plebian -- quite garden-variety and mostly "obsolete" beat-up plain-Jane milsurp stuff...nothing special. No one would want them. :-(

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Hawaii has too many people there for me. Plenty of places on the water with plenty of people where I could keep my rights.