• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Ohio

IxionDeece

imported post

Well give me your address in a private message and I will get mapquest directions, and swing by there on my way through to dayton, I drive a green 96 ford taurus (fyi).Or you can give the the address of a public place (ie. Taco Bell,McDonalds) and I will be more than happy to meet you there.

eacurtis

imported post

For the March 12 meeting - does anyone need a ride from Newark or Columbus (or possibly even Zanesville)? I'm going to be able to make that meeting and wil have space in the truck for OC'ers who want to bum a ride.

Eric

Skunk

imported post

Hey guys! I'm a CCW holder, but I support you 100%. I would have loved to have been there.

If I'm in town I'll be at the 3-12 meeting. I post on OFCC's forum too under DEFCON1, but apparently someone beat me to that name here.

Just let us know a little earlier over on OFCC and I'm sure you can get a few more people at your meetings and some more support.

After being asleep for a long time, I've finally jumped back into the 2A fight with both feet. I'd be glad to help.

Chris

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

The attendees: (#7 was incognito)

ou047p.jpg

Except for Lthrnck, whom I already knew, everyone else was new to me. It was great to meet all of you! I love the fellowship.

To those who weren't there, and as Lthrnck said, he wants this to be more than social, and his experience in forming and guiding groups was evident. I will not be presumptuous and post his philosophy here (leaving that to him), but to me it was evident that he would like to put some meat on the bones of the OC movement.

IxionDeece

imported post

Skunk wrote:
Hey guys! I'm a CCW holder, but I support you 100%. I would have loved to have been there.

If I'm in town I'll be at the 3-12 meeting. I post on OFCC's forum too under DEFCON1, but apparently someone beat me to that name here.

Just let us know a little earlier over on OFCC and I'm sure you can get a few more people at your meetings and some more support.

After being asleep for a long time, I've finally jumped back into the 2A fight with both feet. I'd be glad to help.

Chris

We would love to have you skunk. Just like we have told quite a few others,feel free to come.You would be one more that we need.

Skunk

imported post

Don't worry, I've been de-scented.

I do OC on occasion. Warm weather is coming so it will become more of a possibility.

The only reason I went for my license is because the constant loading and unloading you have to do here in Ohio was a real drag. I travel a lot too, so the added reciprocity with other states was appealing too.

Here's a link to a story that happened to me lately where I "outed" myself.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27659

Enjoy

Chris

IxionDeece

imported post

Skunk wrote:
Don't worry, I've been de-scented.

I do OC on occasion. Warm weather is coming so it will become more of a possibility.

The only reason I went for my license is because the constant loading and unloading you have to do here in Ohio was a real drag. I travel a lot too, so the added reciprocity with other states was appealing too.

Here's a link to a story that happened to me lately where I "outed" myself.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27659

Enjoy

Chris

Well I guess as long as you have been de-scented and OC we can let you sit close. Plus you got a good point with the traveling issue. Especially with the loading and unloading deal.