• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry on Election day?

TexasNative

imported post

I agree. I believe I'll use my CHP as ID on Tuesday, even though that will affect only the person checking me against the registered voter list.

streetdoc

imported post

I already voted since I have to work on election day, OC'd in the County Registars Office, no problems. Of course this is the same county that got my wife's CHP to her in less than three weeks, got to love living in BFE!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
Empty Holster: Check

Spare Mags: Check

1911 Belt Buckle: Check

VCDL Hat: Check

Maine non-rez Permit: Check

Am I forgetting anything?
GUNS SAVE LIVES button?

ScottyT

imported post

y polling place is the Middle School across the street from my apartment -- I am in Utah, so I CAN and will OC to the polls (schools ok with permit).

But I might vote at the county govt. center Saturday.

Either way I am OCing, probably bring my voice recorder and video camera too.

TexasNative

imported post

Just to be clear, though, the law lists specific eligibility reasons for absentee voting (for other than President and VP). You have to declare that you meet that eligibility.

Unfortunately, "I'm not gonna change my mind between now and election day, and I don't want to stand in your damn lines" isn't one of them. :(

riverrat10k

imported post

I too will try using my CHP as ID to vote.

Also, I think tomorrow at lunch I will go to my local Obama or Democrat office while OC'ing and ask for campaign literature stating Obama's positions on gun control.

I wonder if I will get anything? Stay tuned!

Sheriff

imported post

I'm not sure I understand the issue being discussed. What is the immediate advantage or long term advantage in using a CHP to identify yourselves? Why would anybody working the voting polls care if you had a CHP permit or not? :question: