• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

**Open Carry Sanford** 7/31

boyscout399

haha, this isn't a big secret... it's a lawfully held trash pickup. I HIGHLY doubt that they know about this, but perhaps. Either way it doesn't matter. Remember fellas, the PD isn't the enemy. Even though they have made a mistake in the past doesn't mean they cannot correct it and move together with us into the future. Just picture forrest walking hand in hand with the Sanford chief of police singing kumbay ya! haha... ok it's a stretch but you get the idea. They aren't the enemy, they are simply misinformed and we are not going there to stir up any trouble, we are simply cleaning up their park for the benefit of... you guessed it, them! :) Plus, we OC everyday, everywhere we go, we aren't changing anything except we are taking the time out of our busy schedules to go and help out a town in the great state of Maine!

+1

You hit it right on the button Shane!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ep0k
Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind. Maybe we should do time / location by PM.

Thats a good idea ep0k, we dont want to give them any more info than we already have.

Why?

You're not doing anything illegal, immoral or fattening. Besides what about the late readers who won't get notified, but might like to help?

While there is really no reason to give anyone outside the group all of the advance details, there is equally no reason to appear less than open.

damienrr

haha, this isn't a big secret... it's a lawfully held trash pickup. I HIGHLY doubt that they know about this, but perhaps. Either way it doesn't matter. Remember fellas, the PD isn't the enemy. Even though they have made a mistake in the past doesn't mean they cannot correct it and move together with us into the future. Just picture forrest walking hand in hand with the Sanford chief of police singing kumbay ya! haha... ok it's a stretch but you get the idea. They aren't the enemy, they are simply misinformed and we are not going there to stir up any trouble, we are simply cleaning up their park for the benefit of... you guessed it, them! :) Plus, we OC everyday, everywhere we go, we aren't changing anything except we are taking the time out of our busy schedules to go and help out a town in the great state of Maine!

You are right Shane. It is just frustrating that LEOs in this state are ignorant of the law. Seems to me that a LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER should know the LAW. And if they dont know the LAW they have no business ENFORCING THE LAW. Remember, this came about because a law-abiding citizen was held at gunpoint and was 4lbs away from an early death. Certainly arent trying to stir up any trouble, I just think it will be interesting to see SPD reaction to 20 LAW-ABIDING citizens ocing in Sanford, unannounced. Dont mean to generalize all LEOs. There are some GREAT police officers and then there are some not-so-great police officers. Either way its not that big of a deal if they know just curious to see there reaction.

Last edited:

ep0k

Why?

You're not doing anything illegal, immoral or fattening. Besides what about the late readers who won't get notified, but might like to help?

While there is really no reason to give anyone outside the group all of the advance details, there is equally no reason to appear less than open.

I'm all for transparency but the fact that we haven't announced a location and time in the first place speaks volumes about how much police attention we want.

As I've always said, I don't have an antagonistic relationship with police (hell, I spent time as an MP), but I'm not overly trusting of LEO either, especially considering the reason we're congregating in Sanford in the first place.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
I'm all for transparency but the fact that we haven't announced a location and time in the first place speaks volumes about how much police attention we want.

As I've always said, I don't have an antagonistic relationship with police (hell, I spent time as an MP), but I'm not overly trusting of LEO either, especially considering the reason we're congregating in Sanford in the first place.
We are congregating to help clean up a town in this great state, as well as raise awareness to our rights! We are in no way inciting, nor is this a "response" to anything. We are a civil action group dedicated to protecting our towns/parks/cities/rights. Wherever we are needed we will go, right now I hear that Sanford is having some hard times, and we're going to help as best we can!

rhenriksen

What a happy coincidence. I'm in town for 1 week this summer, and you've got an event scheduled now! I hadn't checked on the forum for a while, just learned about this event an hour ago. Got into Maine last night; looking forward to seeing you guys there.