• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

**Open Carry Sanford** 7/31

rhenriksen

post-event follow up

I don't have pictures to share, but I'm sure others will be uploading theirs later. What a pleasant morning! I think we had 15-16 people, and a nice uneventful community service session. Canvassed the park & its parking lot, then split up into three groups & fanned out up & down High Street. 3 of us went into the adjacent convenience store afterward for drinks. The lady at the register asked us what was up with all the guns, and was calm, relaxed & receptive when we explained about MOCA. A Sanford PD cruiser would go by every 20 minutes or so, but never stopped, SWAT didn't appear, etc. I think we wound up with 15-20 pounds of trash by the look of the pile o' bags.

I had to peel off & head back to the family, so didn't get to partake in lunch & whatever else transpired afterwards.

It was great meeting everyone, and a pleasant novelty for this Texan to do a little OC and help the cause.

crdonov

had great time in sanford today! very nice to meet you today. nice to have a texan help out. a bunch of us went to bonanza for lunch, had a great time with out any problems! see you on the next one.

ep0k

We also got some face time with some of the locals in the area, that was great.

The "admin team" went to the Kittery Trading Post afterwards and we checked out some AR-15s. That place is amazing!

damienrr

we should all get together at a range and do some shooting. Have some friendly competition. Try out some of each others guns.

Flashlight

I went out for a couple walks today in Sanford while openly carrying. One was about 3PM and the other about 8PM. I had no problems at all. Never saw a cop. Hopefully that will continue. Thanks to all of you and especially Shane for helping to make it possible.

crdonov

I went out for a couple walks today in Sanford while openly carrying. One was about 3PM and the other about 8PM. I had no problems at all. Never saw a cop. Hopefully that will continue. Thanks to all of you and especially Shane for helping to make it possible.

your very welcome! anytime!
xd-out