• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT First new topic in new Michigan forum

malignity

Hm....

Two problems I've noticed thus far:

I get logged out randomly while browsing the forums. They do this on MGO too, and it SUCKS. I hate typing a gigantic message, only to have it log me out in the background, then have to log back in before I send it.

This site is not mobile friendly. Approximately 60% of the time I check this site, it is from my phone. The login boxes are in a painful spot, and is very difficult to click on a touch phone. This may not be something anyone else cares about but me, but if I can't check OCDO from my phone, I'm not going to be able to post as much, and well... that makes me sad.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking into my options. I had found a great app / plugin that supported iPhone, Android and Blackberry but apparently it had security flaws and crashed GlockTalk hard!

So back to the drawing board. But I will find an appropriate mobile solution ASAP. :)

John

Hm....

I get logged out randomly while browsing the forums. They do this on MGO too, and it SUCKS. I hate typing a gigantic message, only to have it log me out in the background, then have to log back in before I send it.

This site is not mobile friendly. Approximately 60% of the time I check this site, it is from my phone. The login boxes are in a painful spot, and is very difficult to click on a touch phone. This may not be something anyone else cares about but me, but if I can't check OCDO from my phone, I'm not going to be able to post as much, and well... that makes me sad.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
As for the random logout, just click Remember Me when you login and that should correct the issue (unless you don't accept cookies).

John

Hm....

malignity

Sounds great, the phone thing I mean. I use Android. :)

I'll be sure to make sure to accept cookies from this site, hopefully it won't continue to happen, I'll let ya know if it does.

malignity

Oh oh! and John, before you go...

If at all possible, can you PLEASE add a 'message sent' confirmation for PM's? I just sent essentially the same message 2 or 3 times to the same person. :(

Thanks!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Agreed this new format sucks bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SO BAD I THINK I'M GONE & I'll JUST USE MGO INSTEAD. BYE ALL THIS THING IS PHYSICALLY PAINFUL TO USE ...NO MORE....NO MORE....OUCH IT BURNS MY EYES!!!!!

Last edited:

malignity

He's working on it... Rome wasn't built in a day :p

Edit:
Omg, there's no emoticon for ':p'

...but there is bananaman..

so I really can't complain..

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I am not able to find an option to do this. I have added it to my 'to be researched' list.

But I did reduce the time between PMs from 60 seconds to 10 seconds.

John

Oh oh! and John, before you go...

If at all possible, can you PLEASE add a 'message sent' confirmation for PM's? I just sent essentially the same message 2 or 3 times to the same person. :(

Thanks!