• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pastor killed in officer involved shooting in Spokane Valley

amlevin

Plus common rules of English --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you shop at a grocery store use a plastic bag, paper bag or canvas.

"When you shop at a grocery store use a plastic bag, paper bag(you forgot the comma here) or canvas."

Sorry, I couln't help it.

4.gif

antispam540

Unfortunately, it's the same as no-knock warrants. You may have the perfect right under the law to shoot the people bursting into your bedroom in the middle of the night, but it won't matter - you'll still either be killed or convicted and sent to jail, whether it's legal or not. There are plenty of supporting instances in the news or on google, and nothing is really being done about it.

I don't know how people can say "oh, this is just an unfortunate incident" when it happens every couple of weeks. It's not drug dealers getting killed, it's average law-abiding citizens who are just trying to protect their families.

If I were a policeman, I would refuse to participate in such things. I'd probably get fired for it, but there's no way I'm breaking into someone's home without announcing who I am and giving them a chance to see ID.

sudden valley gunner

Unfortunately, it's the same as no-knock warrants. You may have the perfect right under the law to shoot the people bursting into your bedroom in the middle of the night, but it won't matter - you'll still either be killed or convicted and sent to jail, whether it's legal or not. There are plenty of supporting instances in the news or on google, and nothing is really being done about it.

I don't know how people can say "oh, this is just an unfortunate incident" when it happens every couple of weeks. It's not drug dealers getting killed, it's average law-abiding citizens who are just trying to protect their families.

If I were a policeman, I would refuse to participate in such things. I'd probably get fired for it, but there's no way I'm breaking into someone's home without announcing who I am and giving them a chance to see ID.

We've had several cases recently where that wasn't the case.
Like Sarah says...expect to be arrested if you have to defend yourself....and it's true just expect it. And a good reason why not to "co-operate" with the police, let your lawyer do that for you.

amlevin

That one gets me every time, I was taught one way in elementary and then another later on.

From a Perdue University website (which probably supercedes elementary school rules):

"5. Use commas to separate three or more words, phrases, or clauses written in a series.

The Constitution establishes the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of government.

The candidate promised to lower taxes, protect the environment, reduce crime, and end unemployment.

The prosecutor argued that the defendant, who was at the scene of the crime, who had a strong revenge motive, and who had access to the murder weapon, was guilty of homicide.

And like they say on radio:

"Now back to the show"

Last edited:

USMC1911

+1000
God forbid this every happens to me or any of you all. "IF" it does, I will go down fighting; I will protect me and mine. There are things worth protecting and dyeing for! You do not have to stand tall, but by God you DO have to stand up! I and I alone am responsible for the safety and security of myself and my loved ones, I accept this reasonability and the consequences of my actions. I will not be trod upon; I will stand up for my rights. IANAL Just MY .02
Semper Fi

ChuckUFarley

man I hate doing this but here goes another trip on the devils advocate train.

When there was a shooting in (bellingham, everett, somewhere around there or something)

By a non LEO everyone was more than willing to give their opinions and speak there mind.

This story has a LEO involved so everyone is just gonna clam up and wait for more info before shooting off at the mouth?

Now that that part of the comment is out of the way I will say this: One of the stories quotes the son stating "there was a shout and IMMEDIATELY a gun shot." Seems like it may have been a little trigger happy. Not sure though 100% The big question is did the cop identify himself as such, or did he just say put the gun down? Did he even give the guy an opportunity to react and comply or did he shout and take up the slack at the same time?

Sure more info is needed, but that has never stopped anyone on this site from popping off at the mouth before (myself included).

Honestly who would drop their gun just because in the dark someone said "drop your gun!"??? Especially if you had absolutely no reason to believe it was a cop? Not saying this is what happened as info is not 100% complete, more of a hypothetical scenario based question thingy....

Exactly this is why I have issues with this board when it comes to topics such as this; there is always a double standard when a Policeman is the one who looks bad, but if it was Joe citizen against john citizen then out comes the artillery.

but of course shooting a 70 yo Pastor is absolutly OK for the cop because we havent seen the dashcam footage, which we probly never will, so lets not be hasty in judging this case or any other case where an officer is involved.

ChuckUFarley

agree, the crimes against the average law abiding citizen are getting way out of hand, but i wount go further because i will be flagged as a cop hater.

antispam540

agree, the crimes against the average law abiding citizen are getting way out of hand, but i wount go further because i will be flagged as a cop hater.

I'm not a cop hater - I'd be mad at any privileged class of people who're legally allowed to break into my house without knocking and shoot me without repercussions :D

amlevin

Exactly this is why I have issues with this board when it comes to topics such as this; there is always a double standard when a Policeman is the one who looks bad, but if it was Joe citizen against john citizen then out comes the artillery.

but of course shooting a 70 yo Pastor is absolutly OK for the cop because we havent seen the dashcam footage, which we probly never will, so lets not be hasty in judging this case or any other case where an officer is involved.

I agree that there is too much discussion on who was wrong or right, considering that there is little or no official information available to the public. It should be a "Let's wait and see before any judgement is passed".

As for "dashcam" video, this was an unmarked car if reporting was correct. Probably no camera installed so no video to be had.

Vandal

Update: http://www.kxly.com/news/24892669/detail.html

I would like to know why Creach wasn't arrested back in 2008... Having read that, I could care less if he was a pastor or not.

Also the unmarked Crown Vics used by Spokane Valley PD look a lot like cop cars. The have push bars on the front of the cars, multiple antennae on the roof, spotlights, and red and blue lights on front of the side mirrors and the glow of the laptop on the inside of the car. Simply put they are easily identifiable as cop cars.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Just read the updated story and note that many times the columnist adds or subtracts do to their own view of what is important and what is not to a level of what sells papers.

As with any incident is what we knew up to the incident not what we or they found out after the fact.

An Officer in a marked or unmarked car sitting there and see a man approaching with a gun in hand is of great concern for anyone.
Both have a legal right to be where they were.
As to what was actually said as to dropping the gun is where the columnist may have failed big time.
There was contact face to face and a physical confrontation before the shooting to include calling for help, I think they called it a code 6.

The earlier incident as to running down a thief (misdemeanor) has no bearing, even though I feel he could have been charged but he was not.

I am sure there will be more yet to come out about this incident before making any concrete comes of it.

Vandal

Do you really think the media is going to report if the deputy ID'd himself? Other than this forum, virtually no one else cares. Also, did you miss the part about the deceased changing direction and walking toward the car and ignoring verbal commands multiple times?

It can be extracted from what is being reported that, by Creach acknowledging the deputy's verbal commands, that he did ID himself and was ignored by a man with a past history of taking the law into his own hands.

I fail to see you hang up on the Deputy IDing himself. He was in a patrol car, granted it was unmarked but identifiable around here as such, in uniform doing exactly what the deceased and his neighborhood asked SVPD to do. But don't let me stop ya'll from trying to blame everything on the LEO.

Dave, the past incident has a great deal of bearing as it serves to establish a history of behavior by the deceased.

Last edited:

Vandal

Charges should have been filed against Creach just like there were charges filed against the thief. The info came from police reports and a journalist doing some background research.

Last edited: