• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PCSO detention - audio

Stryker

So... who wants to take a walk down a busy street in Pierce County when the weather gets a bit nicer?

I vote for a stroll south from Best Buy, stop for drinks at the 7 Eleven, and on to the PCSO substation (Meridian x 160th St). Yes, it is a long walk, but didn't someone mention losing weight?

reillo584

So... who wants to take a walk down a busy street in Pierce County when the weather gets a bit nicer?

There is couple of Starbucks in the area as well, so a monthly coffee meet organized by somebody in the area may help also… There is any meet already in the area that I’m not aware of…?:eek:

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

I vote for a stroll south from Best Buy, stop for drinks at the 7 Eleven, and on to the PCSO substation (Meridian x 160th St). Yes, it is a long walk, but didn't someone mention losing weight?

I was stopped on Meridian near the A&W, bank (can't remember which), 7-11, just prior to the best buy....

Bobarino

You showed GREAT amounts of restraint and politeness. Far more than I could have mustered. I don't know if there is a statute of limitations on this kind of thing but I would most definitely pursue it with a complaint and if that results in nothing then I would pursue it legally. Coercion, lying, threats, not knowing the law, harassment, geez, these guys really ran the gamut. I wish you luck if you pursue it. I'd be down for a get together in Puyallup (or wherever) if it's a Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

Bobby

reillo584

I'm going to quote myself here!!!

There is couple of Starbucks in the area as well, so a monthly coffee meet organized by somebody in the area may help also… There is any meet already in the area that I’m not aware of…?:eek:

Sorry if not appropiate...:banghead:

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Thanks Techno for the time frame. As you know and we can tell others, you and I were at the 4th of July gathering on the Tacoma waterfront with 30,000 people and a hundred or so LEO with no issues. That was July 2010.

Your turn Ed, go ahead and set one up.

Randy Loun was gonna handle it before his stroke.

Bout 2 years ago.. :/

Thanks.

sudden valley gunner

Sucks being so far north. I don't think it is ever too late to file a complaint. I would still open carry myself into the station to ask for a complaint form, yet I'm hrs away.

Here's what I found trying to file a complaint.

Why?
An officer will need to "validate" your complaint. :banghead:
Do you have ID.
General run around and out right denial.

When doing so I do not carry ID or CPL, I do not give them the reason why or when, and I refuse to talk to an officer about my circumstances.

Slidell Jim

audio playback fail

I dont know if zshare doesn't like me, or its my connection, or my palyback software (WindowsMediaPlayer), but I cant get either audio file to play or download in entirety. On the zshare site playback window either file just downloads 1 second of audio, then buffers for 5-10 seconds, then plays 1 second of audio and buffers again. So I try to download it. The WAV file downloads about 800kb (15seconds of audio) then is says my download is complete. The MP3 does about the same, maybe 1.5Megs (or about 30 seconds of audio), then says download complete and pops up MWP to play the part that downloaded.

Any chance this incident has been / could be put on youtube? link?

amlevin

I dont know if zshare doesn't like me, or its my connection, or my palyback software (WindowsMediaPlayer), but I cant get either audio file to play or download in entirety. On the zshare site playback window either file just downloads 1 second of audio, then buffers for 5-10 seconds, then plays 1 second of audio and buffers again. So I try to download it. The WAV file downloads about 800kb (15seconds of audio) then is says my download is complete. The MP3 does about the same, maybe 1.5Megs (or about 30 seconds of audio), then says download complete and pops up MWP to play the part that downloaded.

Any chance this incident has been / could be put on youtube? link?

Now it just shows the files (both) are unavailable.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I am from Utah but I have family up in the Seattle region. With enough advance notice, I am up for a little walk with you folks AND my Washington state recognized UTAH Concealed Weapons Permit.

slowfiveoh

This "Holier than thou" Judge Dredd mentality these gutter-cops bring in Pierce County is disgusting.

Please do not stop with a simple complaint.

A swift kick to the departments pocketbook does more than a nicely drafted letter for the Sheriff to wipe his ass with.

tombrewster421

I am from Utah but I have family up in the Seattle region. With enough advance notice, I am up for a little walk with you folks AND my Washington state recognized UTAH Concealed Weapons Permit.

No permit necessary for open carry! Leave the ID in the car.

amlevin

This "Holier than thou" Judge Dredd mentality these gutter-cops bring in Pierce County is disgusting.

Please do not stop with a simple complaint.

A swift kick to the departments pocketbook does more than a nicely drafted letter for the Sheriff to wipe his ass with.

Release the tape to the media and maybe it will get some play like Tom's did although it is a little "aged" for most news outlets.