• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Photos from Bloomberg Gun Giveaway

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
I wonder if this guys boss or his agency know he was there protesting with his ID badge on?

Good point, Hawkflyer. In this case, reported to be parents of VT student victims, it wouldn't be appropriate to use the employer. However, if we seeanti-s with corporate or agency logo's, ID's, etc.we could toast them a little by a blistering letter to their employer about their employer's support for gun-control.

I dont' think that particular guy was a parent, though. There were two sets of parents, and he wasn't one of them.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
I wonder if this guys boss or his agency know he was there protesting with his ID badge on?

Regards

hehe.....they do now!! (I'm such a little stinker, ain't I?)

To: ncctech@redcrossnca.org; RosanoM@redcrossnca.org; MathesL@redcrossnca.org; JohnsW@redcrossnca.org
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 12:30:24 AM
Subject: Red Cross Employee at Protest?

Hello,

I recently attended the highly controversial "Bloomberg Gun Give-Away II" sponsored by the Virginia Citizen's Defense League (http://www.vcdl.org) at the Mason District Government Center in Annandale, Virginia on Thursday, May 17th from approximately 7 PM to 9:30 PM.This event attracted local, national and international media coverage.

While there, I noticed a protester who was standing directly in front of the cameras, both still cameras and video news cameras, holding makeshift poorly scribbled protest signs while wearing a black Red Cross t-shirt, black pants and still wearing his employee identification badge.Pictures of the event have already been broadcast all over the news and internet and I've attached four photographs of this protester to help you identify who this person is.

Politics aside, he most certainly has the right to protest, but to do so while in his work uniform and wearing his Red Cross employee badge does not reflect very well upon the American Red Cross and is likely a violation of the Red Cross Code of Conduct.His protest signs, nothing more than manilla folder after folder, seemed to have been made at the last minute using what are likely Red Cross resources and office supplies.Is that how my donations are being spent?Not to mention the poor grammar and syntax he used, the whole picture reflects extremely poorly on the Red Cross.

Thank you for your time.I look forward to hearing from you.

Most Sincerely,
Bob Cavalcante

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

Regards

hehe.....they do now!! (I'm such a little stinker, ain't I?)

To: ncctech@redcrossnca.org; RosanoM@redcrossnca.org; MathesL@redcrossnca.org; JohnsW@redcrossnca.org
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 12:30:24 AM
Subject: Red Cross Employee at Protest?

Hello,

I recently attended the highly controversial "Bloomberg Gun Give-Away II" sponsored by the Virginia Citizen's Defense League (http://www.vcdl.org) at the Mason District Government Center in Annandale, Virginia on Thursday, May 17th from approximately 7 PM to 9:30 PM.This event attracted local, national and international media coverage.

While there, I noticed a protester who was standing directly in front of the cameras, both still cameras and video news cameras, holding makeshift poorly scribbled protest signs while wearing a black Red Cross t-shirt, black pants and still wearing his employee identification badge.Pictures of the event have already been broadcast all over the news and internet and I've attached four photographs of this protester to help you identify who this person is.

Politics aside, he most certainly has the right to protest, but to do so while in his work uniform and wearing his Red Cross employee badge does not reflect very well upon the American Red Cross and is likely a violation of the Red Cross Code of Conduct.His protest signs, nothing more than manilla folder after folder, seemed to have been made at the last minute using what are likely Red Cross resources and office supplies.Is that how my donations are being spent?Not to mention the poor grammar and syntax he used, the whole picture reflects extremely poorly on the Red Cross.

Thank you for your time.I look forward to hearing from you.

Most Sincerely,
Bob Cavalcante
hey bob,

i really hate to do this to you, but that is a t-shirt that they give out to blood donor's, i give blood through a process known as apheresis every 2 weeks, and i have 3 of these black t-shirts..:( sorry to take a proverbial poo on your parade.

Happy carrying,

Jason

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CRAP! I used to give blood all the time and all I ever got was stale cookies and OJ!!

I couldn't get a close enough look at his badge with the pics we had.

I'm gonna go sulk.....that was such a good letter too! Oh well... :banghead:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
CRAP! I used to give blood all the time and all I ever got was stale cookies and OJ!!

Well, I did say, "next time," or meant it anyway. Oh well. Keep a copy of the letter as a template for the nextone. It was a good letter.

There's your next attack line, "You can get cookies from the compassionate Red Cross, but not the "compassionate" MMM."

vrwmiller

imported post

BobCav wrote:

If there's anyone that's good with graphics that can enlarge and crop and refocus the image, it might be possible to find out the company name on the badeg, if there are any good shots of him, either in still photos or motion.

Just a thought.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

vrwmiller wrote:

If there's anyone that's good with graphics that can enlarge and crop and refocus the image, it might be possible to find out the company name on the badeg, if there are any good shots of him, either in still photos or motion.

Just a thought.

Good thought. I tried it, though, and none of the images are deep enough to get clarity once the image is enlarged. I suspect at that range you'd have needed 6-10 megapizels to get that depth.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I used ot have a great program that would "rebuild" graphics, kind of like you see on CSI and shows like that. I'll have to see if I still have the program and play around over the weekend.