• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please apply for a CCW prior to open carrying

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
So now you're the lawyer? No real legal value. Really?

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

"The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law, and no courts are bound to enforce it." - Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 256 137, 180

"Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection and justifies no acts performed under it. No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it." 16 Am Jur 2nd Section 177

"All laws, rules and practices which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void." Marbury v. Madison

"The United States is entirely a creature of the Constitution. Its power and authority have no other source. It can only act in accordance with all the limitations imposed by the Constitution." Reid v Covert 354 US l (1957)

"When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Excellent points Cool.

Some believe that unconstitutional laws can make a constitutional activity a crime against society by vote of despotic minions and signature of a tyrant. Obviously, as supported by your quotes of more learned men in the supreme preservations of certain basic rights embodied within the Constitution, such constitutional activity can never be a crime against a free society. Those who would support such rhetoric advocate submission to those who would deprive you of your freedoms and liberties.

Time and time again such unconstitutional laws have been deemed illegal and those who would have true standing against such illegal laws are those who would stand up and challenge them by exercising those rights!

Arguing about what has already been established by SCOTUS in Heller and McDonald in courts through some ridiculous concealed carry government permission process will only convolute the true meaning of the 2A.

Lawful Aim

Some inspiration;

"A statute does not trump the Constitution."
People v. Ortiz, (1995) 32 Cal.App.4th at p. 292, fn. 2
Conway v. Pasadena Humane Society (1996) 45 Cal.App.4th 163

A statutory privilege cannot override a defendant's constitutional
right. People v. Reber, (1986) 177 Cal.App.3d. 523 [223 Cal.Rptr.
139}; Vela v. Superior Ct, 208 Cal.App.3d. 141 [255 Cal.Rptr. 921],
however, "the judiciary has a solemn obligation to insure that the
constitutional right of an accused to a fair trial is realized. If
that right would be thwarted by enforcement of a statute, the state
...must yield."

hazard274

I got 12031 e checked the first time UOC

Reason:
You will be much easier to defend against actions if the need shall arise. Keep track of the denial and keep a recorder on you while open carrying. Now is not the time to get in trouble for open carrying.

This denial document will help defend myself from what actions? Carrying concealed without a permit? Carrying LOC?
I have been UOC'ing for over a year now and haven't had a (e) check. I guess I'm staying out of trouble.

I got 12031 e checked the first time UOC

ryan