• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PNC Bank - bad experience this morning

david.ross

David - would you say the same thing to gay people who express their affection for one another in public?

You fly the gay banner openly, why the double standard? It's okay to be open about ones sexuallity, but not about ones passion for constituionally protected rights? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Not attacking you, just curious how you rationallize those opposing views? :confused:

I don't need to rationalize anything, I'm talking about the right to bear arms.

Understand LGBT rights are already severely limited or non-existant, much more than the right to bear arms. SCOTUS stated the second amendment is subject to reasonable restrictions, meaning if/when people cause concern then they may affect us all if/when government decides to step in an pass gun control legislation.

Far as other civil rights like same sex marriage goes, there's more on the topic state to state besides the legality and recognition of a marriage. Some states have passed laws which will need to be overturned which prevents adopting children, including orphans, in to a home with parents of the same sex. There's also restrictions hospital visitation rights, benefits, taxes, you name it. These are rights currently not recognized by many states which will need court action to be overturned.

On a side note: Many LGBT distance themselves from flamers (aka gay people who dress funny) and even the gay pride parades just as firearms owners distance themselves from the fringe elements of the firearms community.

OC for ME

When gays accept the fact that they do not have "extra" rights they may realize that they are just ordinary citizens, just like the rest of us schlubs. BTW, there is no right to adopt a child just as there is no right to buy a gun.

Gay rights.....animal rights.....liberal constructs designed to restrict the liberty of their fellow citizens.....selfish to the nth degree.

david.ross

Gay rights.....animal rights.....liberal constructs designed to restrict the liberty of their fellow citizens.....selfish to the nth degree.

gun rights =)

oh okay.

I may be suffering from the overuse of "<word here> rights" since the term is used just about everywhere. i.e. EFF and the use of "privacy rights"

JSlack7851

Thanks again to MWSY, and to PNC.

Carry on! (pistols only, please)

I happened to read this when it first came out. My mom went into the hospital and needed her pension checks deposited in her PNC bank. Open carried, waited in line, deposited her checks, ordered her a debit card. It was uneventful.

However, at a small convenience store a elderly female cashier pointed at my Beretta and told me 'They weren't allowed in here." When I asked to see the manager, she changed her tune, she was just pulling my leg..

rogrrr

I've banked PNC east of Columbus for several years and the first time I went there to open an account I spoke with the MGR. I was OC, pointed it out to her and said that I do 100%. She had no objections and she did the paperwork to open my account. Never any problems in any of the branches I frequent. In fact, none of the other banks I've been to have objected, either. Columbus Metro FCU is a No-Gun Zone, tho.

PNC does carry $2 bills, which is why I bank there. I spend 'em all the time. But since I joined this forum and read about the $2A bill, my magic marker will be getting plenty of use ! Thanks, eye95. I'll probably be using a bright RED marker.

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

A cashier voiced her disapproval at the "defacement" of the $2 bills I gave her.

I told her that the 2A was to support the 2nd Amendment.

She told me that defacing US currency is a crime.

I told her I got them from the bank that way.

:rolleyes:

She didn't look like she would appreciate being told that defacing is only a crime if one had the intention of defrauding someone or preventing the reissuance of the currency.

Last edited:

eye95

Bankers spread money mythology just like cops spread law mythology.

She is wrong. We have been through this several other times. You can deface the hell outta paper money, as long as there is no attempt to defraud.