• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro-Gun Activists Plan to Walk the Pier Despite Possible Arrest

Wolfcom

Got there at 12:20. Walked around. Didn't see any police. Didnt see any reporters. Didn't see any OC' ers. Didn't see any guns. Didn't see any bananas. Ate a crab and went home.

DEFENSOR

Last minute hail mary carry

So you guys ended up carrying on the pier ? I thought the police said it was illegal ? Are you going to post videos ?

If I had known it was going to go down I would have come. I live 3 minutes from there but decided not to go when someone said they werent going to carry. Damn.

Last minute civil wrangling on the part of the Greens and some fine folks from Bay Area Open Carry
Cleared the way for carry on the strand and the parking levels. This allowed contact with alot of other
people. We walked to Rubys for lunch and nothing but good contacts there and back. Plus a few who were not carrying did cover the pier shopping center. Sorry you missed it, hope
to see you next month in Hermosa.
Defensor

Ca Patriot

Last minute civil wrangling on the part of the Greens and some fine folks from Bay Area Open Carry
Cleared the way for carry on the strand and the parking levels. This allowed contact with alot of other
people. We walked to Rubys for lunch and nothing but good contacts there and back. Plus a few who were not carrying did cover the pier shopping center. Sorry you missed it, hope
to see you next month in Hermosa.
Defensor

so you didnt open carry on the pier then ?

hgreen

I'm really offended by some of you that say "photos or it didn't happen" and those that don't show up because its open holster. Why don't you folks show up to the events open carry or open holster? The point remains the same, stand up for your 2nd amendment civil rights.
I don't mean to deter people from showing up. I simply try to cover my ass from those that would try to blame me in the even they get cited by police when police threaten arrest and charges for illegal laws! I did my damnedest to make the open carry happen and showed up at 8am today with a trick up our sleeves to make it so we could open carry in as much area as possible on the pier.
I want to commend all those that showed up despite the risk and despite the open holster threat. You are all TRUE patriots. The rest of you can show your patriotism at our next event at Fiesta Hermosa.

Carry on.
For you doubters, join our FB page to see pics: http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Bay-Open-Carry/122802434426757

Gundude

I'm really offended by some of you that say "photos or it didn't happen" and those that don't show up because its open holster. Why don't you folks show up to the events open carry or open holster? The point remains the same, stand up for your 2nd amendment civil rights.
I don't mean to deter people from showing up. I simply try to cover my ass from those that would try to blame me in the even they get cited by police when police threaten arrest and charges for illegal laws! I did my damnedest to make the open carry happen and showed up at 8am today with a trick up our sleeves to make it so we could open carry in as much area as possible on the pier.
I want to commend all those that showed up despite the risk and despite the open holster threat. You are all TRUE patriots. The rest of you can show your patriotism at our next event at Fiesta Hermosa.

Carry on.
For you doubters, join our FB page to see pics: http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Bay-Open-Carry/122802434426757

I happen to be the one that said, "Pictures or it didn't happen". Not long ago at the link below, I stated that I carry a PPK James Bond gun. Someone stated, " Pictures or it didn't happen". Rather than getting offended, I got out my camera and took a pic and posted it. If you're that easily offended, it's your problem, not mine.
The reason I didn't show up at the Redondo Beach event is....Considering the fact that I live on Social security and gas is $3.15 a gallon where I live, I don't have the financial means to make your event. However, I do attend some local events. Also, please don't question my patriotism. You are not my judge.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?78822-PPK-or-PPK-S

Last edited:

hgreen

I happen to be the one that said, "Pictures or it didn't happen". Not long ago at the link below, I stated that I carry a PPK James Bond gun. Someone stated, " Pictures or it didn't happen". Rather than getting offended, I got out my camera and took a pic and posted it. If you're that easily offended, it's your problem, not mine.
The reason I didn't show up at the Redondo Beach event is....Considering the fact that I live on Social security and gas is $3.15 a gallon where I live, I don't have the financial means to make your event. However, I do attend some local events. Also, please don't question my patriotism. You are not my judge.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?78822-PPK-or-PPK-S

How much do you need?
We have very generous contributors on our mailing list and I'm sure we could help you and any other financially limited patriot come to nearly every event regardless of where we hold it if you let us know your needs.

You can PM me or email me at email@southbayopencarry.org and I'll be happy to help provide you have the means to come to our events.

Gundude

How much do you need?
We have very generous contributors on our mailing list and I'm sure we could help you and any other financially limited patriot come to nearly every event regardless of where we hold it if you let us know your needs.

You can PM me or email me at email@southbayopencarry.org and I'll be happy to help provide you have the means to come to our events.

My, how magnanimous. Thanks, but no thanks.

heliopolissolutions

Get off each other's nuts, 'pics or it didn't happen' is a common phrase on the internet used to describe a desire to see pictures. Sure if you say, 'i just got a completely legal full auto m16' people will say 'pics or it didn't happen'...jeez, its not necessarily a mark of incredulity, so play nice.

JJ

Get off each other's nuts, 'pics or it didn't happen' is a common phrase on the internet used to describe a desire to see pictures. Sure if you say, 'i just got a completely legal full auto m16' people will say 'pics or it didn't happen'...jeez, its not necessarily a mark of incredulity, so play nice.

Harley, I would have to agree with the above post. I don't think Gundude was attacking you or questioning your honesty, but simply using a common phrase to relay to you that it would be cool to see some pictures.

I recently used the same phrase when one of my friends posted (on Facebook) he was in Sturgis for the bike rally. I certainly wasn't doubting that he was in Sturgis (I know he goes every year) , but was rather just stating my desire to see some pictures. ( He has sent me some, although none of them were of motorcycles but were very pleasing to the eyes. LOL )

lotar4life

My, how magnanimous. Thanks, but no thanks.

You keep perpetuating negativity with your responses. One must wonder, why?

Nowhere in his first response to you did he question YOUR patriotism, rather, he simply thanked those that DID come out. And then he offered a possible solution to your financial woes in his next response, yet you post this crap.

Nobody's judging you but I will make an assumption... curmudgeon.

Last edited:

Gundude

You keep perpetuating negativity with your responses. One must wonder, why?

Nowhere in his first response to you did he question YOUR patriotism, rather, he simply thanked those that DID come out. And then he offered a possible solution to your financial woes in his next response, yet you post this crap.

Nobody's judging you but I will make an assumption... curmudgeon.

Sadly, we are reduced to name calling.

lotar4life

Sadly, we are reduced to name calling.

I was just making points to try to clear the apparent issue at hand. None of which you addressed. You said he questioned your "patriotism". How exactaly? When offered help, you declined. Ok, but you make it sound as though being magnanimous is a bad thing.

I could just as easily say "sadly, one feels he must ask to see pictures in a snide manner as opposed to politely".

Perhaps internet forums aren't for you.

lotar4life

So be it.

Back on topic!

cheering.jpg

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
So never heard what happened during this walk?

Harley Green and his South Bay Open Carry organization intend to gather Aug. 7 with their handguns, risking a violation of the law.

http://redondobeach.patch.com/artic...o-walk-the-pier-despite-warning-from-the-city

Do you know the law? I will look into this myself and I will be at this meet up.

Comments?

So did this work for you guys I did hear that it may become a "holster" only event and also heard that the pier was being classed as a "Park " . Which was proved to a point that it wasn't but the council decided it was! Whats wrong with that equation ?

ryanburbridge

So did this work for you guys I did hear that it may become a "holster" only event and also heard that the pier was being classed as a "Park " . Which was proved to a point that it wasn't but the council decided it was! Whats wrong with that equation ?

I did not make it to this event. I wish I had because it sounds like they UOC after all. Just not on the pier. The couple that have started this group are doing a GREAT job. The first event that I was at went very smooth with no police contact. I met a few people that had no idea about the LAW befor this group orginized. This group will continue to grow. Let's see what happens after the ban.