• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reason Number 1 why OC is better than CC

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ironbar wrote:
I don't know where you people dream up these kinds of things, but seriously, take two Stresstabs and get a true concept of reality.
Aw... That's cute.

I didn't have to dream it up, because it happened.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ironbar wrote:
4) Pull out my gun and kill them, then get coffee at Starbucks.
Machiavellin sadist...

Nice post, though! Sound logic, and good support for Starbucks, perhaps one of the few coffee shops out there who support our 2A rights.

Section32

imported post

Well Ixtow, it was a great thread. But when you get posts like Ironbar's it is proof that it's finally outlived it's usefulness.

protector84

imported post

If I owned a coffee shop, convenience store, or something similar I would consider putting up the following sign:

ROBBERY POLICY:

1. Retreive shotgun, shoot and kill robber.

2. Dispose of robber's body in outer dumpster.

3. Thoroughly mop up the area.

4. Resume serving customers.

TJ347

imported post

Lot of reading there...

Anyway, I'm new to carrying, but have found that I am most comfortable physically with OC, though I'll certainly CC when OC isn't appropriate. I do appreciate the obvious deterrent factor ofOC, and in fact place a high premium on its valueas I should thinkan attempt to retrieve my firearm from an IWB rig while lying facedown on the floor ina7-Eleven at gunpoint would not end up well for me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

protector84 wrote:
If I owned a coffee shop, convenience store, or something similar I would consider putting up the following sign:

ROBBERY POLICY:

WOW - there are sooo many things I see and read here that I would never say on a public forum...........if I ever were to think them. Most particularly not in the style and context I see being posted by some. ymmv

Yata hey

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

protector84 wrote:

ROBBERY POLICY:

4. Resume serving customers, free for those who beat me to Step 1.

ABNinfantryman

imported post

Reason #1 why CC is better than OC for me: OC is illegal in two states I travel through from myunit stationto visit family in Florida (where OC is also illegal).

Speaking from a bad experience, nutjobs/crazy people and openly carried weapons don't mix. I'm not advocating either, because I do both depending on my location and how I feel, but weapons don't tend to have the same effect on the mentally unstable as they do on the sane, they only tend to instigate them. Basing your argument for OC on "What about the insane" is foolish, and in most cases most juries are going to side with the insane if you have to use your weapon in self defense.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ABNinfantryman wrote:
Reason #1 why CC is better than OC for me: OC is illegal in two states I travel through from myunit stationto visit family in Florida (where OC is also illegal).

Speaking from a bad experience, nutjobs/crazy people and openly carried weapons don't mix. I'm not advocating either, because I do both depending on my location and how I feel, but weapons don't tend to have the same effect on the mentally unstable as they do on the sane, they only tend to instigate them. Basing your argument for OC on "What about the insane" is foolish, and in most cases most juries are going to side with the insane if you have to use your weapon in self defense.
The OP's intent was making a statement supporting "Reason Number 1 why OC is better than CC."

Your contend that CC is better than OC because OC is illegal where you travel? I submit that CC is NOT better - it is the ONLY option in those cases - there is nothing to compare.

Good, better, best - 'better' being the comparative form, you must have more than one (option) to make a comparison, Therefore CC is good, but not better.

CC and OC have one thing in common - neither is an effective deterrent to crime until the gun is visible.

The statement bolded above is astonishing/ludicrous. Are you suggesting that courts would not accept an affirmative defense because the BG was unbalanced? Cite please.

Yata hey

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Are you suggesting that courts would not accept an affirmative defense because the BG was unbalanced? Cite please.
Why doesn't this forum have the popcorn eating smiley icon?

I gotta see the Statute or Case Law that says a sane person has to let the insane kill them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ixtow wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Are you suggesting that courts would not accept an affirmative defense because the BG was unbalanced? Cite please.
Why doesn't this forum have the popcorn eating smiley icon?

I gotta see the Statute or Case Law that says a sane person has to let the insane kill them.
Don't think there is gonna be a response to that one.

smileyvault-popcorn.gif
Yata hey