• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Regal Cinemas now searching patrons

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
since in almost every state the possession of a pistol by some one under 21 for any reason in a public setting is a felony

Sweeping generalizations ["in almost every state the possession of a pistol by some one under 21 for any reason in a public setting is a felony"] tend to be false.
(And yes, that itself is almost a sweeping generalization.)
I know of no state which prohibits minors from receiving supervised instruction in firearm safety or participating in competitions.
There are states which allow minors to carry with the permission of their parents, or their supervision. [IIRC, Arizona is one.]

WA - RCW 9.41.042 - Under 21 Carry
MT - MCA 45-8-344 - Use of firearms by children (under fourteen prohibited)

In fact, given the OCDO carry map for minimum age to OC it seems the majority of the states allow under 21 carry in some form or another.

Tactical SS

I was walking in to Dicks Sporting Goods the other day and the guy at the door was searching through peoples personal bags as they were exiting the store. I certainly would have refused. Everyone just said "oh yeah" and opened up their bags.

I also wrote the manager at a local AMC, on a public forum, about their "No Firearms" signage on the front of their building. They gave me the standard in order to protect our customers. I argued the usual if I'm carrying concealed with a valid CPL, I'm probably not the one they need to worry about, but if they feel that they want to deny me that right, while on their private property, I will respect that. However, they will have to respect my right to take my business elsewhere. The sign was gone a few weeks later.

Last edited:

Uber_Olafsun

I was walking in to Dicks Sporting Goods the other day and the guy at the door was searching through peoples personal bags as they were exiting the store. I certainly would have refused. Everyone just said "oh yeah" and opened up their bags.

I would love to see his face when you said no. Even BJs has a sign that says they reserve the right to inspect all bags. Funny thing is they don't have that right in the first place.

Tactical SS

I would love to see his face when you said no. Even BJs has a sign that says they reserve the right to inspect all bags. Funny thing is they don't have that right in the first place.

I am still pretty tempted to go back with my Jack Bauer Tactical Man Bag and refuse his search or either load it up with all my pistols and mags and allow him to search, haha. That's just provoking though, and I'm not into that.

Merlin

I say no always. Once you purchase, it is yours, and you owe them no proof. Look up "shopkeeper" or "merchant" laws in your state. In Nevada, they are allowed to detain you if they have reason to believe you have shoplifted, but they had better be prepared to prove it.

I always walk past the "search your bags" line, and head out the door. Often, they will say something like "I need to see your receipt". I respond with a cheery "No thank you!"....As if they had offered me a service, but i wasn't really paying attention. This makes them second guess themselves for a second, and then they have to decide whether they are going to unlawfully pursue me, or just let it go, and go back to their line. This also makes a nice show for the sheeple who are sheepishly waiting in line to confirm that they are not criminals.

Signs do not equal law in this case. They can reserve the right to ask you to stand on your head while juggling, that doesn't mean you are required by law to comply.

Them above is null & void if you are at a private membership club (Costco) and have agreed to the terms as part of your membership. It's still not enforceable by law per se, but they can terminate your membership.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Merlin

One more thing, if they still insist, demand that the police are involved. The worst that can happen is that you get trespassed. When the police get there, you can then show a receipt. Or refuse, and force the store to make a charge that you shoplifted. Then they are filing a false report, as they have absolutely no evidence (because you didn't shoplift).

Last edited:

Merlin

I am still pretty tempted to go back with my Jack Bauer Tactical Man Bag and refuse his search or either load it up with all my pistols and mags and allow him to search, haha. That's just provoking though, and I'm not into that.

Blow-up doll.

Bag of adult toys.

Bucket of lube.

An alarm clock.

Rubber chicken.

Commercial-size pack of condoms.

Bowling pins.

A very convincing severed head (especially with Halloween coming)

Tupperware.

138 car air fresheners

One bag of kitty litter.

Discuss. :)

Tactical SS

Blow-up doll.

Bag of adult toys.

Bucket of lube.

An alarm clock.

Rubber chicken.

Commercial-size pack of condoms.

Bowling pins.

A very convincing severed head (especially with Halloween coming)

Tupperware.

138 car air fresheners

One bag of kitty litter.

Discuss. :)

All stuffed into a pink Hello Kitty roller backpack. Oh the fun that could be had!