• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Remember remember the 5th of November

ScottyT

imported post

Just talked to Fuddruckers to confirm for tomorrow night. They are ready for us!

I told them at least 15-20 people, as many as 30+. The seating there is very flexible, so we should be ok regardless of how many show up. We might not be at one big long table, but everyone will have a seat and some friendly folks to talk to!

Of course you shouldn't feel confined to your seat the whole night! Feel free to pick up your plate and move to talk to some new people!

See you guys tomorrow at 7!

UtahJarhead

imported post

I've already spoken with RR's regional corporate and he is pro-2A and has a CFP himself. He has already given me the go-ahead. The Layton RR store manager has also spoken with me personally and assured me that we are welcome to OC there. They will buy us an appetizer, but they suggested very strongly that the group be in a side room, not in the main part of the dining room which I was ok with.

We do need to give them some advance notice, but that's no big deal.

I nominate Jan 9, 7pm, Layton Red Robin for group OC (I'll make a dedicated thread if it we appear to reach a consensus with that)

GeneticsDave

imported post

I know some people don't like to do it on weeknights because of work.

Saturdays belong to my wife, so I would be much happier with a Friday date, perhaps the 8th?

UtahJarhead

imported post

Ok, Friday the 8th sounds fine to me! Objections? I was picking a non-weekday (Friday is weekend IMO) so more people would be able to attend.

ichigo

imported post

Are people going to be wearing name tags? I feel kind of dumb even asking but I'm not the most forward guy in public even though I plan on attending. If I see you have a gun I am probably not going to come up to you and say Hi my name is Kyle, ichigo is my screen name. A bit awkward? Yes. I will be there with my wife and 3 kids and just wondering if we should have some way of identifying we are with the group...besides our guns? I think it will be fun to see so many guns even if we don't talk!:)
-banki-

GeneticsDave

imported post

I am going to get some "Hello my name is __________" stickers tomorrow morning and will bring them to Fuddruckers tomorrow night if I can make it (still sick).

If someone else wants to bring some as well, that would be great, that way we should have enough and maybe even have some left over for January.

41 Magnum

imported post

You guys have fun, eh? I won't be able to come. I'll be teaching hunter education that night. Having 50 kids in class learning about gun safety and hunting instead of them sitting in front of a TV playing on an X-box is a worthy excuse for missing the dinner isn't it?

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

41 Magnum wrote:
You guys have fun, eh? I won't be able to come. I'll be teaching hunter education that night. Having 50 kids in class learning about gun safety and hunting instead of them sitting in front of a TV playing on an X-box is a worthy excuse for missing the dinner isn't it?
Oh definitely.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Had a GREAT time meeting many of OUR group for the first time and renewing the acquaintances of others. My wife also enjoyed visiting with us "gunnuts".

Thanks for putting it together.....

JoeSparky

UtahJarhead

imported post

Thanks from my wife and I, too. It was a very warm welcome, particularly from Goosemama and Right2Carry. We filled up 2/3 of Fuddruckers.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Just got home from Fuddruckers. I was the last one out of the door, and I made sure to tell the manager thanks on behalf of everybody.

It was a great turnout! Thanks to all who came tonight. See everybody at the next meet!

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

We had a great time! Well worth following Sgt. Jensen during his highway maneuvers. ;-). My wife now wants to join OCDO and our little girl had blast playing with the other "little shooters".

I strongly encourage all other members to get out from behind the keyboard and get to know your fellow OC'ers.

LoveMyCountry
www.reachtheworld.net

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

A few photos from ScottyT! :celebrate:monkey

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

Lookin' good ladies!
IMG_0924.jpg

ThatOneChick

imported post

Had a blast. Thanks for such a warm welcome on my first time. It was great talking with you guys and the show of support was fantastic! Hope to see all of you at the January one, if it's still in the plans.

P.S. Glad I'm not in the pics. :p

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

ThatOneChick wrote:
Had a blast. Thanks for such a warm welcome on my first time. It was great talking with you guys and the show of support was fantastic! Hope to see all of you at the January one, if it's still in the plans.

P.S. Glad I'm not in the pics. :p

Don't tempt me to post the Cell cam pic.... LOL

Just kidding... I did REALLY delete it!