• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restaurant Carry 2

Tricorn

imported post

07-24-07 OCed at The General Store Restaurant on College Ave off of Rte 1 in Fredericksburg for dinner. First visit (and first time OCing) there. As we were leaving, two of the waitresses were sitting on the front porch. One said, "What's that? Are you a cop? I said, "No." She asked, "Do you need a permit for that?" I replied, "No. As long as it isn't concealed I don't need a permit." We were kind of in a hurry, so we just kept going and left. Wife wanted to go to Cold Stone Creamery and nothing is going to get in the way of that. Went to Cold Stone in Southpoint II and as we entered Jessica, one of the counterpeople said it was good to see us again. We chatted with her while they were getting my wife's order ready.

07-25-07 OCed at Shoney's Restaurant on Rte 3 in Fredericksburg for dinner.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

7/27/07 OC'd at the Crisp and Juicy in Falls Church, just picking up some carry out but no problems.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Eggspectations in Chantilly (Westfields area). Nakedshoplifter and my spouse carried openly; I had no way to do so and so left mine in the car.

Some stares, but no comments.

vrwmiller

imported post

Tess wrote:
Eggspectations in Chantilly (Westfields area). Nakedshoplifter and my spouse carried openly; I had no way to do so and so left mine in the car.

Some stares, but no comments.
How was the food? I had considered trying the place out.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

How was the food? I had considered trying the place out.
I think the food is excellent. Everything is made from scratch, so you can substitute or modify as you choose. Prices are on the high side for lunch, and are medium for dinner, but the food is plentiful, soft drinks don't run dry, and the service has been good every time I've been in.

longwatch

imported post

7/28/07 OC'd for lunch at a little deli over by the expo center, forgot to get the name will put it in tommorrow.

possumboy

imported post

OC'ed at the BBQ place next to Dulles Expo Center. Got asked about it, but people who thought they could not carry in there because of the beer. Now they know about OC!

longwatch

imported post

7/30/07 OC'd at Ledos in Falls Church.
7/31/07 OC'd at Oriental Gourmet in Arlington.

longwatch

imported post

8/1/07 OC'd at Pan Am Restaurant in Fairfax, no problems.
Edit to add, who is going to push this thread over to 50 pages?
:monkey

Tomahawk

imported post

OC'd at the dry-cleaners on Mt. Vernon highway, Walmart to get more ammo. The poor guy behind the sports counter is most confused and befuddled. Apparently when you say "Winchester" he thinks it means "Blazer" or "Remington UMC".