• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restaurant Carry 2

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oc'ed at the Lonestar steakhouse with the Javanese Princess on Plank Rd (Rte 3) in Fredricksburg last night.

As usual, nothing untowards encountered.

edit to correct restaurant name...

C

ccloud43

imported post

OC'd at Texas Steakhouse in Winchester. Great steak. Cooked to a perfect rare. I highly recommend this place. Oh and not a single thing was said about me OC'ing.

C

ccloud43

imported post

About 20 of us were at Vinny"s pizza in Newport News for our monthly dinner. Great time, good food. Had a NN LEO get dinner there butdidnt say anything to us.

Analogman

imported post

Had a NN LEO get dinner there butdidnt say anything to us.

I think most LEOs in Virginia have gotten the message regarding open carry and realize that a group of 20 people eating at a restaurant is not the same as a gang of violent thugs shooting up a rival gang.

I've been OCing at Norfolk/Va. Beach restaurants since at least 2003 and have never had a bad experience nor ever been asked to leave by anyone. I even had a plainclothes-type LEO comment on my holster and ask where I got it as he wanted one for his pistol. It's been my experience, as I'm sure it has been for many others here, that the way one carries oneself has a lot to do with whether or not one has a good or bad OC experience.

zoom6zoom

imported post

unrequited wrote:
longwatch wrote:
8/8/07 OC'd at the Oriental Gourmet in Arlington, no problems as usual.
I swear imma have to hit up that place because you've listed it probably 20-some-times now. > )

I also can't read this thread when I'm hungry, it hurts.
Funny, I was just thinking about the repeats myself. I think we need a number code to save you guys some typing. Like the non-official, unsanctioned comm codes we used to use.

1 = Log Cabin
2 = Orienal Gourmet.
A = Breakfast, B= Lunch, C= Dinner, O= Snack (other)
% = no eyeballs popped out
etc...

So you can post:
1/C Fri 16:30 %

Now, hope y'all realize I'm just kidding!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

unrequited wrote:
longwatch wrote:
I swear imma have to hit up that place because you've listed it probably 20-some-times now. > )

ROTFLMAO...:lol:...:lol:...

( we need a Emoticon that rolls on the floor )

Tomahawk

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
unrequited wrote:
longwatch wrote:

rofl5.gif

AbNo

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
unrequited wrote:
longwatch wrote:

rofl5.gif

rolf.gif

UTOC-45-44

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
unrequited wrote:
longwatch wrote:

rofl5.gif

rolf.gif
'em fuuuuny
rofl5.gif
rolf.gif

Tricorn

imported post

08-10-07 OCed at George's Pizza at Five Mile Fork in Spotsy for dinner. A gentleman sitting at a nearby table kept looking at myhip. He saw me look at him and he said he was just admiring my piece and he was gun guy. He was visiting from Florida, gets up this way every now and then. He said from what he has been reading and the way things are going, eventually everyone will be carrying. We talked about where we work, that he used to live in Maryland. Our food came, he finished his and left. Went up to the counter to pay after finishing our meals. Chatted with owners as I handed one the bill and money. There was an older couple sitting at a table next to the cashier station. While I'm paying I hear the woman say, "Are there real bullets in that?" I said, "Yep." She said, "Oh, my God. What would you do if i reached over there and grabbed it?" I replied, "Call the cops." As I was getting my change from the cashier, everyone was laughing andsaying that's funny, and we left.

unrequited

imported post

Completely crowded Trader Joe's on St. Asaph in Alexandria, a couple looks, but all dismissed as easily with a smile. Went up to pay, nice cashier chatted with me, and cashier closing his drawer next aisle said, hey why do you have a gun? I said for self-defense, and he asked is that legal in Virginia to carry openly? My cashier chimed in yeah, as long as it's open and not concealed. I was surprised and smied again. I continued it's the law of the land, but you can apply for a permit if you want to carry it concealed though, he said thanks.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So one of the clerks at Trader Joe's knew the law on OC. Good. Three or four years ago, not one of them would have had a clue, nor would the citizens in general. It really seems the media attention we have gotten has put the word out to the rest of the folks.

Much less fear and loathing.....:)

VAspringer

imported post

OC'dat Chesapeake Bagel in Burke this morning. Woman in line behind me said to her husband...." that man is wearing a gun".....his response...." So What?????" :lol:I turned smiled and winked at him.

A few other people noticed.....no problems.