• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RIP Skidmark, Paul Henick

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am happy to say that the vest went to me, and I thank Grape for choosing me to pass it on to. I haven't been quite as active lately as I have in the past, but this Tuesday will mark the first event where I strap this bad mamma jamma on and direct everyone's attention the the specific patch I think is a perfect homage to Paul's personality. "Stupid allergy"
Will have a Plain Jane stable mate with me for you then.

scouser

Had a reminder of skid today.

After karate class, Logan and I went to Super Kings and I noticed between the sushi and the hibachi bars they now have a Vietnamese Pho station and I started wondering if it would have met with his approval.

Don't know how long it's been there but today was the first time I've noticed it and it made me laugh remembering him

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a reminder of skid today.

After karate class, Logan and I went to Super Kings and I noticed between the sushi and the hibachi bars they now have a Vietnamese Pho station and I started wondering if it would have met with his approval.

Don't know how long it's been there but today was the first time I've noticed it and it made me laugh remembering him

Fee, fi, pho, fum.

Skid would say, "Yum yum."

Put hot sauce on it now,

W/o sweat on his brow.

Miss my brother,

Was like no other.

I'm a lousy poet......you know it.

Va_Nemo

I was Wasabi Warrior at my favorite sushi bar.

I can eat with the best of them on the habneros and chipotles and such. But that stuff is just ignited napalm. You crazy man if you put it in your mouth headed further into the digestive tract.

I strongly suspect you have a pond outside your residence yet close to it.

Nemo

MSC 45ACP

Both Paul and Don were the very embodiment of teaching by example - they both demonstrated how to talk the talk AND walk the walk. Thousands followed their lead and heeded the advice they so freely gave.

Who can remember "The Ferry Tale" and the after action meals at the Surry Diner w/o envisioning these two gleefully at work?

It is my distinct honor to have known and been counseled by them.

Amen, Grapeshot. I share your sentiments about these two... I'm sorry I've been gone so long. I certainly wish I could have spent more time in their company at a function or sharing a meal. These two gents were highly respected in the 2A community. Their passing leaves a hole not easily filled in my heart...

Very Respectfully;
Mike