• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Royal Oak Needs Help Understanding MI Firearm Preemption Law...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scot623

Wow, Rasor actually say something intelligent. He asks why it takes a citizen to point out the City's ordinances aren't compliant. He says the ordinances should be vetted to be sure they are in compliance. Huh...curious. But he doesn't care when contracts aren't compliant and actually voted against amending the AB&E contract AFTER be shown the facts and being advised by the City attorney. Maybe he has learned something since then. Doubtful, just wishful thinking. I'm sure we'll be going head to head again next year over AB&E.

PDinDetroit

Wow, Rasor actually say something intelligent. He asks why it takes a citizen to point out the City's ordinances aren't compliant. He says the ordinances should be vetted to be sure they are in compliance. Huh...curious. But he doesn't care when contracts aren't compliant and actually voted against amending the AB&E contract AFTER be shown the facts and being advised by the City attorney. Maybe he has learned something since then. Doubtful, just wishful thinking. I'm sure we'll be going head to head again next year over AB&E.

Don't you mean THIS YEAR??? :shocker:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Just listened to Drinkwine's comments. The man seems like an idiot to me. He has no critical thinking skills and offers no logical or sane discussion to the council. I really hope the citizens of RO vote him out.

PDinDetroit

Just listened to Drinkwine's comments. The man seems like an idiot to me. He has no critical thinking skills and offers no logical or sane discussion to the council. I really hope the citizens of RO vote him out.

I think the fine people of the City of Royal Oak are now aware and will vote appropriately.

Ruckus

Yup, I just can't believe he goes home after these commission meetings and kisses poor ol' Seamus with that anti-2A mouth of his. (Seamus is his hunting dog).

PDinDetroit

Letter to the City Commission for tonight's meeting. I see no need to be there in person.

The Honorable Mayor, Jim Ellison
Donald E. Johnson, City Manager
David Gillam, City Attorney
Michael Andrzejak, City Commissioner
Patricia Capello, City Commissioner
Terry Drinkwine, City Commissioner
David J. Poulton, City Commissioner
Jim Rasor, City Commissioner
Charles Semchena, City Commissioner
City of Royal Oak, MI

I am writing you today in regards to Commission Letter #013-11.

Thank you for addressing the Royal Oak Civil Emergencies Ordinance (251-5). Good job on the proposed changes, I believe that this ordinance will now be in line with MCL 123.1102 (MI Firearm Preemption) and MCL 10.31 (Emergency Powers of MI Governor). I urge you to pass this ordinance change.

Please contact me with any questions about this information.

Sincerely,

PDinDetroit

cc:
Christopher M Jahnke, Royal Oak Police Chief

http://www.ci.royal-oak.mi.us/porta.../meetings/City Commission/2011/0124-13-11.pdf

PDinDetroit

The Second Reading Passed!!!

Nays were Drinkwine and Rasor. Video ought to be entertaining...

ETA: Video was not entertaining, just Drinkwine and Rasor voting to violate the law (again).

Thread should now be closed - issue addressed properly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.