• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ryan tells Ohio he will protect our gun rights.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Listing some "similarities," even if real and not just perceived, does not prove they are the same.

In case you missed the analogy, dogs and cats have zillions of similarities (especially from the POV of a flea), yet they are clearly not the same. So I hope you...never mind...I know others will see the differences. I don't care whether or not you do.

Oh, give me a break. Of course, they're not the same. If they were the same, they'd be identical, and since they are not the same man, they cannot possibly be identical.

The whole point is their similarities. Their differences matter little when their similarities add up to continuing the mega-government, destructive foreign policy, crushing national debt, etc, etc., etc.

Who gives a flying fu** if one wants a little more or less of this or that. When both support crony capitalism, an unfettered Federal Reserve, huge amounts of spending, etc., etc., etc.

Their differences don't amount to spit in the long run or even the near term. And, this assumes you can trust anything either one says during a campaign.

Beretta92FSLady

Ryan to balance out the Romney equation...

"No," Ryan answered. "I mean if you take a look at the gun laws we have, I don't even think President Obama is proposing more gun laws. We have good, strong gun laws. We have to make sure…we enforce our laws. We have lots of laws that aren't being properly enforced." http://news.yahoo.com/paul-ryan-bristles-michigan-reporter-013034183--abc-news-politics.html

President Obama isn't proposing more gun laws?--interesting.

I wonder how much Ryan will help Romney the RINO...in the Second Amendment department.

Last edited:

Jack House

Listing some "similarities," even if real and not just perceived, does not prove they are the same.

In case you missed the analogy, dogs and cats have zillions of similarities (especially from the POV of a flea), yet they are clearly not the same. So I hope you...never mind...I know others will see the differences. I don't care whether or not you do.
I've pointed out their similarities. You deny that there are any major similarities despite evidence to the contrary and you continually refuse to provide evidence of your stance that Romney is dissimilar enough to Obama so as to warrant consideration. This has a simple reason: there are no significant differences between the two.

This leads me back to my earlier hypothesis. You see, in your continued refusal to provide evidence supporting your claim, all you have done is validated my assertion that Romney supporters rely on willful ignorance brought about by their blind hatred of Obama.

"OBAMA IS EVIL BECAUSE OBAMA! ROMNEY ISN'T OBAMA ERGO ROMNEY IS THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS SENT BY GOD HIMSELF TO SAVE THIS COUNTRY!"

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

And President Obama's Second Amendment during his term?...

In 2009, for example, he signed legislation that allows the carrying of concealed weapons in national parks and another bill that allows people to carry guns in their checked bags on Amtrak trains. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...ayed-it-safe-in-remarks-on-violence-in-cities

What a POS; he signed both of those while Democrats were a majority in both Houses. President Obama, the anti-Second Amendment President.

eye95

When all else fails, you resort to strawmen.

I never said that there are no major similarities. You are the one arguing using absolutes and are resisting accepting that in some ways they are similar AND in some ways they are markedly different. So you try to put ME in that bigoted camp of talking in absolutes??? Shame on you.

Oh, and I don't give a rat's behind whether you change your mind. I am not talking to you. I am talking to reasonable folks who are bright enough and informed enough to KNOW that there are differences.

And, there is another strawman! And another attempt to project your attributes on me. I don't think anyone is the second coming--especially Romney. My man was Cain. I didn't take my marbles and go home when he dropped. I moved on to another candidate who was less perfect, but VIABLE--and again when he dropped. It is the I intransigent Libertarian community who are cutting off their (and our) noses!

Again, though, I don't care a whit who you waste your vote on. That is a lost cause. I am really talking to reasonable folks who aren't petulant about their guy being gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Hunterdave

Let me tell you one very big difference in Romney and Obama ,as I have in
many post prior in different threads.

Romney is to big gov't or at least will not downsize gov't as many of us would
like, but..........

Obama is for total gov't, authoritarian gov't ! He is a communist ! He will do
irreparable damage to this nation with 4 more yrs. He has already presided
over the biggest takeover of the private sector in the history of this country !
With 4 more, banks and energy will be next.

Johnson WILL NOT WIN ! A vote for him does nothing to help stave off
this total gov't, social justice crap. It will help insure that we never have
a viable libertarian candidate.

eye95

There is no point in explaining the differences. He is running a game. He will either tell you that the candidates are not different in those regards or that the differences do not matter.

Folks who you have a chance of reaching already know that there are major differences and know which ones matter to them.

I recommend just pointing out the danger in voting Libertarian (or not voting, same effect): increasing the chance that Obama will win. You ain't changing the mind of petulant paulists.

<o>

twoskinsonemanns

Let me tell you one very big difference in Romney and Obama ,as I have in
many post prior in different threads.

Romney is to big gov't or at least will not downsize gov't as many of us would
like, but..........

Obama is for total gov't, authoritarian gov't ! He is a communist ! He will do
irreparable damage to this nation with 4 more yrs. He has already presided
over the biggest takeover of the private sector in the history of this country !
With 4 more, banks and energy will be next.

Johnson WILL NOT WIN ! A vote for him does nothing to help stave off
this total gov't, social justice crap. It will help insure that we never have
a viable libertarian candidate.

Try to look at the situation you've been drawn into. You are going to personally endorse a man for the president of our country that you know is big-gov?
I mean you can justify it anyway you have to, but at the end of the day your pulling the lever for a guy you know is bad for our country.
I just can't do it.

Vitaeus

I have it easy I live in a state where the mathematics give me the freedom to vote as my conscience directs, since in the last few presidential elections the Democratic wing of the Banker party has won by such a large margin that voting for any other candidate is a waste by the criteria of will I vote for a winner. If voting for the losing candidate is a wasted vote then in every election how many folks waste their vote? The way to frame the question is who do you think will support your position, the majority of the positions written here are all about who you despise or cannot support so you vote for the other guy. I do not belive that either major party candidate is going to be good for the country, I also think that the Libertarian party picked a horrible candidate, but if they actually get 5% of the popular vote, then in 2016 they will be treated as a major party by the FEC, matching funds, etc. This would be a major change in the political process and it only requires 1 in 20 folks vote for the change. The current political process is broken, why not use your vote to change the process, since which puppet is on the podium is immaterial?

tl;dr Vote Libertarian and have a chance to change the process, not just the puppet.

WalkingWolf

There is no point in explaining the differences. He is running a game. He will either tell you that the candidates are not different in those regards or that the differences do not matter.

Folks who you have a chance of reaching already know that there are major differences and know which ones matter to them.

I recommend just pointing out the danger in voting Libertarian (or not voting, same effect): increasing the chance that Obama will win. You ain't changing the mind of petulant paulists.

<o>

I used to like Ron Paul, NOW I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Tantrum throwing idiot, I am glad that now I know what old cranky juvenile he is that he lost.

acmariner99

I don't believe for one second that Romney is actually a supporter of true liberty loving values. And I won't vote for him just because like Obama even less. Romney signed Massachusetts' health care law (which Obamacare was based off of), he supports an assault weapons ban, and voted for stricter gun control. He doesn't represent me or my values. Second, we will never have the ability to challenge the establishment unless we actually support those third parties that promote the ideals we want to make policy. So unless we start voting differently NOW, we will never ever get out of the rut we claim this country has fallen into. Third, both parties have proven that they want to spend big bucks and make big government even bigger. They just spend all this money we don't have on different things. The repubs like spending on the military, continually getting us involved in global conflicts, and domestic "security" improvements while the dems like spending money on the welfare state, busted or worse unwanted social programs, and also sticking our nose where it don't belong overseas.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Unless we do something different, we will only further our fall into tyranny and gov't dependence.

Last edited:

UATKP

Not voting for the flip flopping gun grabber YOU want to be president is disrespecting the men that gave life and blood to found this country?
Your out of line.

No. You missed his point entirely. Voting for anyone other than Romney in this election is the same as voting for o'nutjob.
No Libertarian has one chance in heck to get elected, because voting for the Libertarian is splitting the conservative vote. Remember the little freak with the Big Ears? :eek:) Vote splitter he was.
At least if Romney gets in the Whitehouse, he won't do everything he can to make this a communist nation like o'nutjob has been doing; and we'll at least have another election to get a real conservative in the office. If o'nutjob is re-elected you'll never get another chance to vote. You'd better think really hard before you cast a vote for o'nutjob.

Beretta92FSLady

No. You missed his point entirely. Voting for anyone other than Romney in this election is the same as voting for o'nutjob.
No Libertarian has one chance in heck to get elected, because voting for the Libertarian is splitting the conservative vote. Remember the little freak with the Big Ears? :eek:) Vote splitter he was.
At least if Romney gets in the Whitehouse, he won't do everything he can to make this a communist nation like o'nutjob has been doing; and we'll at least have another election to get a real conservative in the office. If o'nutjob is re-elected you'll never get another chance to vote. You'd better think really hard before you cast a vote for o'nutjob.

So, next time around you are going to vote for the Real Conservative?

I hope everyone votes for Johnson, or whatever his name is.

ScottE

First off, 99% of those in the two major parties have no interest in protecting our gun rights. They only say that and pretend to, to get votes and remain in power.

Secondly, Gary Johnson is getting my vote.

WalkingWolf

First off, 99% of those in the two major parties have no interest in protecting our gun rights. They only say that and pretend to, to get votes and remain in power.

Secondly, Gary Johnson is getting my vote.

Gary Johnson is a member of one of those two parties...

twoskinsonemanns

Gary Johnson is a member of one of those two parties...

You've been misinformed. Johnson the only one on the ballot in my state worthy of anyone's vote. Unless your goal is to be a victim of totalitarianism. Then by all means vote romney or obama.

WalkingWolf

You've been misinformed. Johnson the only one on the ballot in my state worthy of anyone's vote. Unless your goal is to be a victim of totalitarianism. Then by all means vote romney or obama.

Are you aware that Gary Johnson was a candidate in the republican primary 2012? And that he even was one of the candidates in GOP debates 2012? He is a republican who shifted when he failed miserably, and shifted to the Libertarian party, because he was a, and still is a loser.

He is a joke!

twoskinsonemanns

Are you aware that Gary Johnson was a candidate in the republican primary 2012? And that he even was one of the candidates in GOP debates 2012? He is a republican who shifted when he failed miserably, and shifted to the Libertarian party, because he was a, and still is a loser.

He is a joke!

Yes he was an R. Quit saying he is. It's just a lie.
Just like I would not say romney is a democrat, even though he use to vote democrat. He changed his affiliation.
I also used to vote one of the two major parties. Then I became aware of the terrible political trap... and got out.
I understand why you should dislike Johnson so much. Your party really let you down nominating such a spineless worm like romney. It must be tough seeing so many voters abandon him for the only good man on the ballot.

Last edited: