• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SeaTac apartment residents meet to discuss gun laws while open carrying

DEROS72

imported post

Also I thought it cool that we had so much support from the community.While we had some expenses we were also able to get the local businesses to donate for our cause.It shows well when we have that behind us and demonstrates people are warming up to the idea.I think everyone also presented themselves in exemplary fashion which really goes along way in moving us forward.Maybe the media was expecting to report on a bunch of bubba gun slingers and what they saw in our group was totally opposite.I want to thank also all you gals that showed up OC you girls rock .I don,t think the press was expecting that.Great job all.I'm just pumped for the next one. And Jarhead even spelled his name right.What a day!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deanf wrote:
What a load of arrogant manure. It seems apparent the Sergeant considers people too stupid to receive training.
Specifically, what in Sergeant Urquhart's quote wasn't factual? I assume if you have a quarrel with what he said, there must be some factual dispute. Don't assign any inferences from the news story to his actual quote.

My dispute is with what he did NOT say. There are all kinds of things one can say that are true. Including only the truths that would or can be positioned to discourage people.

I gave an example of a preferrable statement inmy next sentence. Here is another.

"Firearms ownership carries with it responsibilities, including knowing the law on self-defense. Anyone contemplating a defensive firearm purchase should seek professional instruction."

Etc.

Etc.

DEROS72

imported post

I talked about all that when they interviewed me,it was edited out.However this argument is really off the track.The point is we get the needed media exposure and in a positive light.Think about it.When he said it is legal.He not only reminded all those who keep insiting it is not.But On TV when it was said it is legal ,well that just reiterated to all LE that it is legal.Why are we arguing a trivial point when we have had a successful media covered event.As far as I know it is the only OC event covered by TV here in the Seattle area.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I talked about all that when they interviewed me,it was edited out.However this argument is really off the track.The point is we get the needed media exposure and in a positive light.Think about it.When he said it is legal.He not only reminded all those who keep insiting it is not.But On TV when it was said it is legal ,well that just reiterated to all LE that it is legal.Why are we arguing a trivial point when we have had a successful media covered event.As far as I know it is the only OC event covered by TV here in the Seattle area.

Good point. Standing amongst the trees I lost sight of the forest.

I blame it on Tomahawk. Don't have any particular reason. I just do. :D

DEROS72

imported post

In all of our states lets see what we can come up with to get the community involved and out in the public in force doing something for folks .This will start bringing more media attention .In turnpresenting us in an excellent light.As we move forward we can begin getting all of our groups together .I would like to eventually see a peaceful pro 2A rally/ march on the capital with hundreds of thousands.How would law makers begin to ignore that. Do think this is the kind of community organizing our president had mind?.Think what that would be like if we get get all of us from the 50 states involved toward one end with positive media exposure.I'm knocking around an Idea that could work evrywhere.

"Armed citizens feed the homeless"in a co-ordinated national Open Carry members all over the nation take up arms for the homeless in these trying times .at the same time standing united in our right to bear arms.

just thinking out loud.

Jeffytune

imported post

Hi all,
First off, good work on getting the message out in th positive manor, looks like you had a good turn out.

Second, to all of you out there doggin' the cop, you have to keep two things in mind...

1) I think he was referring to "Brandishing" not just to carrying a pistol.

2) The news people needed to cut what he said to match there view of the world.

Don't you find it strange that when the anti-gun crowd has a rally or a gun turn is, they will spend 5 minutes and put them in the best possible light, and if we are lucky, they will give the NRA a 5 second blip in the story.

Half of the story was taken up by the anti-gun broad, for what? To make it fair or to fit there world view?

I guess asking for true fairness is just too much too hope for.

All and all, it went very well.

Dave Workman

imported post

Citizen wrote:

My dispute is with what he did NOT say. There are all kinds of things one can say that are true. Including only the truths that would or can be positioned to discourage people.

I gave an example of a preferrable statement inmy next sentence. Here is another.

"Firearms ownership carries with it responsibilities, including knowing the law on self-defense. Anyone contemplating a defensive firearm purchase should seek professional instruction."

Etc.

Etc.
Hmmm. Well, until you become a spokesperson for the King County Sheriff's Department, we'll just live with what Urquhart says.

I just got off the phone with him. He told me -- and this will probably be included in my Gun Week piece about this event -- that he was not quoted accurately by KING5. Now, there's a big surprise.

Urquhart said he never mentioned federal law, because federal law has nothing to do with open or concealed carry. He's right.

And as far as that bit about thinking "long and hard" about something, he said the remark was taken out of context and I believe him.

I've known John Urquhart for a very long time, and he has never once fibbed to me, even a little bit. If he said he was not quoted accurately, you can take that to the bank.

Urquhart knows the state laws out here. He keeps a copy of my book as a reference, and he is a straight shooter.

DEROS72

imported post

I was just stopped by two women who live here.They told me they saw the report and also said you guys did a great job we need that around here.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glad to have taken part. Thank's Deros and Manu for creating this opportunity. We had a large and reasonably diverse group show up due to your marketing efforts. The news wasn't awful, which means it was great! Congratulations.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks Jim. Thanks for coming .It was indeed a good day.We are already thowing around ideas for the next event..

DEROS72

imported post

Thought did cross my mind.

Any way guys as you know we had crews from 2 TV stations there.KIRO and KING .I called and left a message with the internet dpt. at KIRO asking why their report was not yet on their website.I will continue to try to get this Vid as well.

DEROS72

imported post

Also Dave Workman asked if anybodyt has some pics for an article he is doing.

Manu

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Glad to have taken part. Thank's Deros and Manu for creating this opportunity. We had a large and reasonably diverse group show up due to your marketing efforts. The news wasn't awful, which means it was great! Congratulations.
Thanks Jim675, one of the major element of success is that all of you guys showed up showing your supports, Myself and Deros are talking of few more possibilities what we can do in future to stay in light. We do nto want to sleep on this we need to plan even something better, which is help us as well as community.

Manu

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Etc.

-------- that he was not quoted accurately by KING5. Now, there's a big surprise.

Urquhart said he never mentioned federal law, because federal law has nothing to do with open or concealed carry. He's right.

And as far as that bit about thinking "long and hard" about something, he said the remark was taken out of context and I believe him.

I've known John Urquhart for a very long time, and he has never once fibbed to me, even a little bit. If he said he was not quoted accurately, you can take that to the bank.

Urquhart knows the state laws out here. He keeps a copy of my book as a reference, and he is a straight shooter.
Thats not a surprise Media has done this many times in past, But isn't this their game plan? They Edit the things to create some waves and excitment... with this they can generate new stories etc etc. I think, as a whole looking at broader picture everything turned out to be on positive side. Apartment residents are feeling more awared of thier rights and possible things they can do to protect themself and People who believe in 2nd Amendment right got some positive media coverage. I am surprised most of us are beating arround bushes and not planning anything for future events

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That's it Jim. You are now a community organizer and fully qualified to run for President of the United States.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

DEROS72

imported post

Perfect irfner.Seems thats all the qualifications needed these days.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

irfner wrote:
That's it Jim. You are now a community organizer and fully qualified to run for President of the United States.
No, no, no. First you have topander for140 days in the Senate, and have absolutely no executive experience.

Of course, we'll all vote you into the Senate if you will pander to us on guns and the Bill of Rights. :)