• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle citizen threatens me with Citizen Arrest for legal carry

EMNofSeattle

I'm sorry the authorities didn't approve of you carrying without a permit, scaring small children in the streets and offending liberals.

I'm seeing a trend here...

you must have pretty good vision to see those are remotely related.

starting trashcan fires in the streets, breaking store windows, throwing firecrackers at police officers and attacking officers with improvised weapons, is nothing remotely like peacefully carrying. The city is far too tolerant of these people on mayday, if I were the mayor I would order anyone on the street without a protest permit the minute the march license expires be summarily arrested for obstructing traffic and disorderly conduct. productive members of society coming home from work have a right to use the roads too...

EMNofSeattle

Lol uh oh... game on!

:D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I'm perplexed by his behavior.

on one hand he's claiming the police are out of control "pigs" and on the other the people who's rights the "pigs" are violating are yelling at him, assaulting him, and pointing him out trying to get the police involved on RR. strangley enough RR is still alive and not tweeting us from harborview after being shot/beaten/tazed by these overzealous "pigs" after people feighning panic are yelling he has a gun in a violent unpermitted event.

he can't have it both ways.

wimwag

you must have pretty good vision to see those are remotely related.

starting trashcan fires in the streets, breaking store windows, throwing firecrackers at police officers and attacking officers with improvised weapons, is nothing remotely like peacefully carrying. The city is far too tolerant of these people on mayday, if I were the mayor I would order anyone on the street without a protest permit the minute the march license expires be summarily arrested for obstructing traffic and disorderly conduct. productive members of society coming home from work have a right to use the roads too...

Civil rights. Free speech...1A. Right to bear arms...2A. First two amendments of the Constitution. First ten are called "The Bill Of Rights.". That's how. You're a dim bulb.

EMNofSeattle

Civil rights. Free speech...1A. Right to bear arms...2A. First two amendments of the Constitution. First ten are called "The Bill Of Rights.". That's how. You're a dim bulb.

you have a first amendment right to start fires in the street, assault police officer, and damage other people's property? I don't remember reading that in the constitution.:confused:

wimwag

you have a first amendment right to start fires in the street, assault police officer, and damage other people's property? I don't remember reading that in the constitution.:confused:

all irrelevant. He was there reporting. He's a photographer.

Kind of his job to be there...

Jeff Hayes

Big shocker there, maybe you should try attending events not frequented by violent freaks of the sort who attend mayday protests.

I'm sorry the authorities didn't approve of you marching without a permit, starting fires in the streets, and causing a bunch of property damage, throwing bottles and firecrackers... I'm not really happy with these people's behavior either. I'm glad that SPD is on scene. maybe if these people became productive members of society they wouldn't get arrested so much.

RR never said he was starting fires, causing property damage, throwing bottles and firecrackers nor did he say he was marching for any thing. IMO you owe RR an apology.

EMNofSeattle

RR never said he was starting fires, causing property damage, throwing bottles and firecrackers nor did he say he was marching for any thing. IMO you owe RR an apology.

He joined a mass of people committing crimes, illegally assembled, while armed, and is making unfounded accusations against the police (who acted with great restraint this year). It appears to me he's joined them. I find it interesting that RR apparently decided it wasn't relevant to mention that the "pigs" who were "oppressing people" were attacked with bottles and pyrotechnics and made only a hnadful of arrests using pepper spray. he's got video of some punk (who looks remarkably like the guy harassing the KIRO cameraman in another video RR uploaded at a different time of day) harassing him, but none of his accusations against the cops?

like this little gem where he's practically joining a mass of people menacing some KIRO journalists note how numerous times he kinda blocks them from moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpVAgdPrLR0

He's not merely reporting, he appears to me to be practically inserted into the group.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
if I were the mayor I would order anyone on the street without a protest permit the minute the march license expires be summarily arrested for obstructing traffic and disorderly conduct. productive members of society coming home from work have a right to use the roads too...SNIPPED YA

Well, sounds like you have a campaign platform already figured out. Good luck with your campaign for mayor. You may just win!

you're going to run, right?

EMNofSeattle

Well, sounds like you have a campaign platform already figured out. Good luck with your campaign for mayor. You may just win!

you're going to run, right?

probably not, most seattlites are filled with white guilt, for some reason they feel guilty that they worked and became successful and these people just want everything for nothing.

then you got so called "citizen journalists" like the OP who are making outlandish claims that the police are instigating the violence, and claiming the mainstream media is putting out false information (apparently they just invented that these cretins were lighting fires, assaulting police officers, and destroying peoples businesses, and assaulting motorists driving home from work, apparently these otherwise peaceful harmless souls were forced to commit violence by the police)

Dave in Edmonds

I have been on the other side ... making or threatening a CA. Nothing wrong with threatening ~ a CA is a legal act. If you perform it and actually arrest, this is where one puts himself in the position of having possible civil penalties applied to the person who performs a CA w/o good cause.

This does not surprise me in the least.

RogueReflections

You don't have to apologize

Big shocker there, maybe you should try attending events not frequented by violent freaks of the sort who attend mayday protests.

I'm sorry the authorities didn't approve of you marching without a permit, starting fires in the streets, and causing a bunch of property damage, throwing bottles and firecrackers... I'm not really happy with these people's behavior either. I'm glad that SPD is on scene. maybe if these people became productive members of society they wouldn't get arrested so much.

No need for you to be sorry. I don't need a permit to photograph anything happening in public. SPD were the ones committing most of the crimes that night anyway.

RogueReflections

My videos

He joined a mass of people committing crimes, illegally assembled, while armed, and is making unfounded accusations against the police (who acted with great restraint this year). It appears to me he's joined them. I find it interesting that RR apparently decided it wasn't relevant to mention that the "pigs" who were "oppressing people" were attacked with bottles and pyrotechnics and made only a hnadful of arrests using pepper spray. he's got video of some punk (who looks remarkably like the guy harassing the KIRO cameraman in another video RR uploaded at a different time of day) harassing him, but none of his accusations against the cops?

like this little gem where he's practically joining a mass of people menacing some KIRO journalists note how numerous times he kinda blocks them from moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpVAgdPrLR0

He's not merely reporting, he appears to me to be practically inserted into the group.

I actually have a few videos of police directly attacking me while I filmed. I am waiting to make those public until I have consulted with an attorney to talk about litigation. A photographer goes to such events. A person who supports 2nd Amendment freedom, does so armed. The attacks from SPD against me were away from all action or on sidewalks. If I behaved like they did, I would have been arrested after being beaten by them. Before this event, I was a public supporter of SPD.

RogueReflections

Suing dirt bag

To all those who suggest suing this dufus for false arrest in civil court, demanding a huge sum, sounds good. However who's going to step in and help the OP pay the attorney bills when it's discovered that "Mr Dufus" is indigent and living on Government hand-outs? Even if he is an "average citizen" and holding down a job, most people don't have anything worth suing for (that you can take away from that is).

Suing this joker would certainly be something I would not devote energy to. He is not deserving go that much of my life. Filming him committing an epic fail, for all to see, is more my speed....and quite comical.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Suing this joker would certainly be something I would not devote energy to. He is not deserving go that much of my life. Filming him committing an epic fail, for all to see, is more my speed....and quite comical.

sue his mother for not raising the boy right .. happy mothers day! lol

Alpine

Fed courts have ruled public colleges cannot require "speech permits" for marches and protests. I wonder when this will expand to everyone else too.

Just another reason we shouldn't rely on unelected lifetime judges to portion out our rights. Viva la state amendment Convention!

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

I actually have a few videos of police directly attacking me while I filmed. I am waiting to make those public until I have consulted with an attorney to talk about litigation. A photographer goes to such events. A person who supports 2nd Amendment freedom, does so armed. The attacks from SPD against me were away from all action or on sidewalks. If I behaved like they did, I would have been arrested after being beaten by them. Before this event, I was a public supporter of SPD.

You should've been arrested for joining the mob hounding to TV station reporter. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're the guy with the gun reported in the news.....

The middle of an illegal riot is not the place to try 2nd amendment advocacy. And your own posted video of encircling the reporters acting aggressively and yelling obscurities in their faces and restricting their movements tells me all I need to know, any action against you is justified on that basis alone.

EMNofSeattle

Fed courts have ruled public colleges cannot require "speech permits" for marches and protests. I wonder when this will expand to everyone else too.

Just another reason we shouldn't rely on unelected lifetime judges to portion out our rights. Viva la state amendment Convention!

Cities can require them for closing down city streets.... This has been upheld many times.

It will not and should not be expanded, I have to right to move in public through the city...