• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle citizen threatens me with Citizen Arrest for legal carry

Rusty Young Man

EMN would have scolded those pesky brits living in the Americas who did many of the things he just mentioned. Shame on them for not following the edicts of their rulers!

Don't be so hard on him. Unlike the older members, he and I and others in our age bracket (~18-25-ish) have had more exposure to the "mainstream" media, public "education", and other statist influences that bombard us with statist propaganda and ideals. A little bit tends to rub off on you in those circumstances.:uhoh:

Today's 15 year-olds have it worse than EMN and I, and the 10 year-olds of today have it worse still.:(

Do continue pointing out the double-standard or statist ideals he and others may put forward, and explain the reason they run contrary to individual Liberties.:)

Last edited:

OC Freedom

Who needs a police force?

Gustavus, Alaska. No police force, no property taxes, heaven on earth. If put up for a vote, I would vote to disband any police department anywhere I lived just like the wise folks of Gustavus.

That's just my opinion, and it should be yours too. :)

wimwag

Gustavus, Alaska. No police force, no property taxes, heaven on earth. If put up for a vote, I would vote to disband any police department anywhere I lived just like the wise folks of Gustavus.

That's just my opinion, and it should be yours too. :)

I would vote we bring back Bobbies. Tall fuzzy hats are hilarious.

Jeff Hayes

Disorderly conduct, menacing, any number of offenses, what action? arrested, thrown in jail, fined. if he resists, maybe a tazing.

how about riot? r criminal mischief?

I'll bet you'd have seriously considering popping one of that group if they were standing 6 inches from your face trying to incite trouble by yelling F%&* YOU and "DONT F*&$%ING TOUCH ME...... and every time you tried to leave they regrouped and stood in front of your way.....
I don't go to events like mayday, so my gun will stay with me at home. last time I was in seattle on mayday these freaks tried to harass me because I was dressed nice (because I was applying for job, to be a productive member of society and not Woodstock episode 2
His videos of him at Mayday make it clear he was not just a citizen journalist, he was active participant in the "festivities".

maybe it's hard to feel sympathy because i regularily open carry in Seattle and have had no issues at all. I tire of this attitude to where people will make unfounded accusations against the police, claim they have evidence, but won't release it because they percieve it will lower their chance of a payday on my dime.

and look at his video of the "citizens arrest" guy and his video of ensnaring the TV reporters, the guy yelling the F-bombs looks almost exactly like the guy threatening RR with citizens arrest. note the daytime in the TV reporter video, and after dark in the CA video. what if they are the same guy? could that point to a staged event? considering the wild accusations with no evidence to support them against SPD (and not just RR, NO ONE on YT has footage anything like what RR claims to have witnessed) it wouldn't surprise me

Eric you need to stop with this attack, when no one else agrees with you you are most likely wrong.

Please go limit your personal freedom all you want but for gods sake stop trying to limit others.

Stretch

Eric you need to stop with this attack, when no one else agrees with you you are most likely wrong.

Please go limit your personal freedom all you want but for gods sake stop trying to limit others.

+2

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
Fed courts have ruled public colleges cannot require "speech permits" for marches and protests. I wonder when this will expand to everyone else too.

Just another reason we shouldn't rely on unelected lifetime judges to portion out our rights. Viva la state amendment Convention!

You have this area for a protest .... "have a good day" any guberment

davidmcbeth

Banned

CitizenJohn

With three exceptions, citizen's arrest in Washington is legally identical to the sort of arrest police make.

The first difference is that a citizen's arrest must be immediate -- police can wait a while to make an arrest, but citizens must make an arrest immediately after witnessing a crime or not at all.

The second difference is that police making an arrest can disarm the arrested individual no matter who he or she is, but a citizen cannot legally disarm a police officer when arresting the officer without a judge's order or in self-defense if the officer attempts to resist arrest with the weapon.

The third is that police have qualified immunity to civil lawsuits for actions taken in the line of duty -- if a cop makes a mistake on the law, it may be impossible to sue him. Citizens have no such shield when making arrests.

Aside from those three differences, citizen's arrest is no different from police arrest for the purposes of things like resisting arrest, escape, etc. If someone tells you you are under arrest, take it VERY seriously! If you attempt to escape, that's a crime. Resisting arrest is also a crime, and the person making the arrest is legally allowed to use what force is necessary to accomplish the arrest, stop resistance and prevent escape. This means that if you don't take it seriously and walk away, you could get tackled and fighting back against the guy adds crimes to the list -- resisting arrest isn't self-defense.

Note that nothing prevents two people from arresting eachother. Being under arrest does not stop you from making arrests.

Cite?

kparker

Note that nothing prevents two people from arresting eachother. Being under arrest does not stop you from making arrests.

Two STASI guys are on overnight surveillance, and the subject is asleep, so there's really nothing to do. The two agents engage in idle chit-chat, this being the first time they've worked together.

Finally, the first agent decides to stick his neck out a little bit, and asks, "So... what do you think of our government?"

Agent two, being of the cautious sort, replies, "Why, the same as you, of course!"

"Well,", says the first, "them I'm sorry to say but it is my duty to arrest you!"

Last edited: