• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Hempfest 2014: Part I. No guns allowed

()pen(arry

So, people who partake in MJ are losers? Are you even aware that not EVERYTHING regarding hempfest has to do with smoking weed?

We (as gun owners) spend countless years trying to chip away at the titles given to us by the uninformed. Interesting hypocrisy.
As I've said before, Erik does not have principles and has no interest in rights. He has particular behaviors that he wants to be allowed to participate in without interference, and uses the guise of liberty as a rhetorical ploy to justify his demand for what is ultimately privilege. He doesn't care about freedom, he just cares about what he does or doesn't like.

You know, a Republican.

Dave_pro2a

As I've said before, Erik does not have principles and has no interest in rights. He has particular behaviors that he wants to be allowed to participate in without interference, and uses the guise of liberty as a rhetorical ploy to justify his demand for what is ultimately privilege. He doesn't care about freedom, he just cares about what he does or doesn't like.

You know, a Republican.

Or Democrat. Not much difference.

Dave_pro2a

No guns around junkies. Why would you attend unless you want to use or watch junkies. Junkies and guns do not mix.

Why own a gun, unless you want to murder someone.

See how that logic works. Imbecile would be a kind label for every person trying to argue for prohibition.

You tell me where the government derives the Right to mandate what a free citizen can or cannot put into his body. Next you'll claim a drunk guy loses his his Right to free speech, because .gov says so.

Last edited:

rapgood

My Nancy suffered terribly from the side-effects of chemo-therapy over an extended period of time before she passed away in March. After trying many different medications to combat the debilitating nausea, we discovered that MJ was the only thing that worked.

...and that is all I need to say on the subject.

Dave Workman can print out the above post, hard copy. Fold it so there's all sharp corners, then shove it.

In truth, Dave is speaking accurately. Nothing I said disputes the facts that he stated. I was simply pointing out that, contrary to some others' assertions, not all MJ users are losers. When my wife was using MMJ to combat her nausea, she was, in fact, breaking federal law. While I firmly believe that the federal law is wrong (I always have), it is nevertheless the law. It is up to those who disagree with that law to lobby their members of congress to repeal it.

EMNofSeattle

So, people who partake in MJ are losers? Are you even aware that not EVERYTHING regarding hempfest has to do with smoking weed?

We (as gun owners) spend countless years trying to chip away at the titles given to us by the uninformed. Interesting hypocrisy.

And you know who helps chip away at gun right? The type of people who attend hempfest. I'll bet the ones who do vote vote for Ed Murray, and sawant, and the whole crew who wants gun bans. Look, most gun rights people voted for their stupid initiative and they decide to ban lawful carry at their event.. You want to smoke pot then smoke it and leave me alone problem is most pot users the only right they support are pot and gay marriage. Really if we were living in brave new world they would be perfectly happy

Last edited:

OC for ME

So, take out the "ingestion component" and all those folks will show up to support legalizing natural fiber rope, insulation, and diapers? :rolleyes:

Take out the ingestion component and Hempfest would be called a "industry trade show." :rolleyes:

Make no mistake, cops would not need sport rifles, to point at law abiding folks, SWAT to terrorize innocent home owners, if we did not unconstitutionally prohibit drugs.

I haven't had more than about two beers at a time in so long I can't even remember. I don't "go out drinking" anymore, either.
This, I'm told, by a doctor friend of mine, indicates a potential to negatively affect your health. Beer, unlike hooch, is ~92% water, high in anti-oxidants, been around for more than 5000 years so we know what it is and what it is not. Beer is also proof that God loves all and wants us to be happy. Beer is food, food is not beer. ;)

I suggest that you get a bigger flat screen TV, NFL RedZone...and the SEC Channel, then stretch it out to about four beers during the course of a seven hour, or so, NFL RedZone broadcast on a Sunday. You'll thank me in the morning.

OC for ME

This, I'm told, by a doctor friend of mine, indicates a potential to negatively affect your health. Beer, unlike hooch, is ~92% water, high in anti-oxidants, been around for more than 5000 years so we know what it is and what it is not. Beer is also proof that God loves all and wants us to be happy. Beer is food, food is not beer. ;)

I suggest that you get a bigger flat screen TV, NFL RedZone...and the SEC Channel, then stretch it out to about four beers during the course of a seven hour, or so, NFL RedZone broadcast on a Sunday. You'll thank me in the morning.
Also, that memory problem you have: "I haven't had more than about two beers at a time in so long I can't even remember." will be rectified with a moderate increase in consumption. Be careful though, too much of a good thing will also impact your memory, if I recall correctly.

Dave_pro2a

In truth, Dave is speaking accurately. Nothing I said disputes the facts that he stated. I was simply pointing out that, contrary to some others' assertions, not all MJ users are losers. When my wife was using MMJ to combat her nausea, she was, in fact, breaking federal law. While I firmly believe that the federal law is wrong (I always have), it is nevertheless the law. It is up to those who disagree with that law to lobby their members of congress to repeal it.

At one point in this country, people who helped runaway slaves were breaking a law.

People Like Dave Workman used to say "you know guys, what you're doing is illegal. End of story." That levitated them to one notch below slave owner.

Real Americans fight for freedom, and fight against blatant injustice.

He can fold and shove.

FattyKrack

So, take out the "ingestion component" and all those folks will show up to support legalizing natural fiber rope, insulation, and diapers? :rolleyes:

Take out the ingestion component and Hempfest would be called a "industry trade show." :rolleyes:

Make no mistake, cops would not need sport rifles, to point at law abiding folks, SWAT to terrorize innocent home owners, if we did not unconstitutionally prohibit drugs.

Excuse me if I am taking you out of context with your beer analogy, for beer is god (yes one 'o', see Ninkasi), but mj has been around for hundreds of thousands of years..

Last edited:

massivedesign

And you know who helps chip away at gun right? The type of people who attend hempfest. I'll bet the ones who do vote vote for Ed Murray, and sawant, and the whole crew who wants gun bans. Look, most gun rights people voted for their stupid initiative and they decide to ban lawful carry at their event.. You want to smoke pot then smoke it and leave me alone problem is most pot users the only right they support are pot and gay marriage. Really if we were living in brave new world they would be perfectly happy

Ignorance is bliss.. Talk about profiling!

they decide to ban lawful carry at their event..
So, it was hempfests decision to ban them? Not an insurance requirement? Not a City requirement? Have read the lease with the city?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
You want to smoke pot then smoke it and leave me alone problem is most pot users the only right they support are pot and gay marriage.

In my experience, most post smokers understand the value of rights as a concept (having seen theirs violated daily) and defend more of them with more consistency and integrity than I've ever seen you demonstrate in the same vein.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Tens of thousands, and the same people criticizing now asserted a few months ago there is a right to drive drunk without being arrested until you kill someone

I repeat: there is zero evidence that marijuana smokers cause "tens of thousands" of accidents. The best available evidence suggests that they cause accidents at the same rate as the general populace.

Tempestuous sea of liberty over false security, and all that. You're a dyed-in-the-wool control freak, and you always will be.

The Truth

I'm a huge proponent of legal marijuana and I also OC and hunt. I also have long hair and a long beard and tattoos but I hate the Beatles, absolutely can't stand the Grateful Dead, and I'm stuck between Libertarianism and Voluntaryism. I'm also not a statist, yet I know all of the police that patrol my neighborhood on a first name basis - and not because I get in trouble.

Just giving examples that not everyone can be judged so easily.

OC for ME

Excuse me if I am taking you out of context with your beer analogy, for beer is god (yes one 'o', see Ninkasi), but mj has been around for hundreds of thousands of years..
Well...

Franklin did write in a letter regarding wine: "Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

I'm not a big wine drinkler, nor a mj partaker. ;)

Not sure where I stated that beer is God.

FattyKrack

Well...

Franklin did write in a letter regarding wine: "Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

I'm not a big wine drinkler, nor a mj partaker. ;)

Not sure where I stated that beer is God.
No, I did with the god part, an opinion piece. Just stating that the sweet leaf is as old a plant as the hops or barley. I do love Franklin and his love for alcohol though hqhq

EMNofSeattle

I repeat: there is zero evidence that marijuana smokers cause "tens of thousands" of accidents. The best available evidence suggests that they cause accidents at the same rate as the general populace.

Tempestuous sea of liberty over false security, and all that. You're a dyed-in-the-wool control freak, and you always will be.

Read the comment I quoted, it specified drunk and high drivers, which ranks over 15 thousand deaths every year, and was much much higher before the "false security" brought on by cracking down on drunk drivers